Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thot Walk

Ideas for Admin

I've touched on this previously in the past, but I feel it needs to be talked about again. As most of you know, regular Admins only have a 360 minute (6 Hours) ban limit. Many other commands are restricted as well. I would like the Staff at sG to please consider these ideas for regular Admin.

First, I beleive Admins should have a ban limit of at least one day. Most of the offenses done on the server is Mass RDM, which is a day ban.

Second, Admins sould have more commands at their disposal, than just the !aslay, !slap, !slay, and !whip commands.

Finally, I beleive that trusted members of the server associated with sG should be able to apply for Admin.  Many players qualify to be great Admins on the server, but cannot pay the $10/Month for it. 

The ability for certain players to be able to Apply for Admin would keep the servers free of players who refuse to follow the rules, as those regulars tend to be on the servers more than SO's and longtime Admins.

I ask that the Staff institue these ideas for a month, and if they work out, keep them. If they do not, then reduce the Admins back to what they were, 6 hour limit and $10/month in all.

Or you could follow these simple steps:

1. Pay for admin

2. Meet the requirements to join sG.

3. Apply and get accepted into sG.

4. Demonstrate that you are a good player and admin for a few months.

5. Apply for SO.

6. Get SO and stop paying for admin.

I've touched on this previously in the past, but I feel it needs to be talked about again. As most of you know, regular Admins only have a 360 minute (6 Hours) ban limit. Many other commands are restricted as well. I would like the Staff at sG to please consider these ideas for regular Admin.

First, I beleive Admins should have a ban limit of at least one day. Most of the offenses done on the server is Mass RDM, which is a day ban.

Just report the mass rdm... simple as that

I really doubt they would make it free, but the more commands an admin can do or expanding their lengths of it would be a good idea. That might soon be me who is going to be buying admin and it would just be smart to follow their advice.

Or you could follow these simple steps:

1. Pay for admin

2. Meet the requirements to join sG.

3. Apply and get accepted into sG.

4. Demonstrate that you are a good player and admin for a few months.

5. Apply for SO.

6. Get SO and stop paying for admin.

^Works.

A longer bantime is pointless. Most mass rdmers are in the server just to mass rdm, they don't plan on ever coming back so a permaban is usually useless. The 6 hour ban gets them out of the server for a while, they find a different server to rdm on, they usually never return. If they do return and keep rdming, you just report them and then they're gone longer, but that rarely happens.

We really need to find new admins or get more SO's because whenever I'm on maybe one admin who can't get rid of the really stupid rdmers there is only 5 admins that i know of Polk, Orange, Green Arrow and Drumming, and Rise most of the time they aren't on when i am

We really need to find new admins or get more SO's because whenever I'm on maybe one admin who can't get rid of the really stupid rdmers there is only 5 admins that i know of Polk, Orange, Green Arrow and Drumming, and Rise most of the time they aren't on when i am

Yeah. I think part of the problem is that the TTT community has a very low forum presence. Most of the regulars probably haven't even used the forums at all. I mean hell, I played for almost a year before finally visiting the forums. And if the regulars aren't on the forums then they aren't very likely to become admin or SO, thus compounding the problem.

Idk why I laughed while reading the OP. He wants to change the system, but doesn't realize that the system is too powerful. Jason is too powerful. JCS are too powerful. Nobody should question what they do. Nobody should dare. 

Want more admins? i would argue for the 2 payment plans (CSGO and GMOD) not to be separated as much.  Or have SO get just basic admin on the other game they are not SO for (CSGO SO's get basic admin on GMOD, and GMOD SO's get basic admin on CSGO). Many SO's and other admins know the rules for both games. hell some know the rules for JB and TTT but not war3, MG, Surf, and ZE so it doesn't make much sense to give admin for all of CSGO servers when they are pretty different.

Finally, I beleive that trusted members of the server associated with sG should be able to apply for Admin.  Many players qualify to be great Admins on the server, but cannot pay the $10/Month for it. 

They already do, its called applying to sG and gaining rank.

I would also love to play and admin on TTT but vanilla doesn't have the features or map pool that rebirth does, and sadly rebirth isn't ever populated.

Want more admins? i would argue for the 2 payment plans (CSGO and GMOD) not to be separated as much.  Or have SO get just basic admin on the other game they are not SO for (CSGO SO's get basic admin on GMOD, and GMOD SO's get basic admin on CSGO). Many SO's and other admins know the rules for both games. hell some know the rules for JB and TTT but not war3, MG, Surf, and ZE so it doesn't make much sense to give admin for all of CSGO servers when they are pretty different.

They already do, its called applying to sG and gaining rank.

I would also love to play and admin on TTT but vanilla doesn't have the features or map pool that rebirth does, and sadly rebirth isn't ever populated.

actually its been getting populated as of late, its not like vanilla but people get on

I really don't understand why an admin would want the ability to ban longer. Take Mass RDM as the example. These people don't stick around, they just enter the server to cause shit. 6 hours is enough time for them to get the message and not have to worry about them coming back (with exceptions, for sure, but most RDMers aren't serial). You can always report Mass RDM to an SO or report it to the forums. I've had several TTT Vanilla regulars message me while I'm playing other games because there is an RDMer and I enter, check the logs, and lay down the fucking hammer.

You guys do realize this is officially a thread that was necrod one year after its existence right?

I'm pretty sure that issue isn't someting new that the community is comming up with, I think we can safely ignore it. 

You guys do realize this is officially a thread that was necrod one year after its existence right?

I'm pretty sure that issue isn't someting new that the community is comming up with, I think we can safely ignore it. 

you can necro a thread if you have a good reason :)

It's really frustrating as an admin to ban someone in the morning come back later and they are just still rdming and reporting them on the forums is just more of a pain then it helps. 

1 minute ago, Scrub said:

just the casual year and a half old thread

he has necrod this thread twice now

46 minutes ago, Booch said:

It's really frustrating as an admin to ban someone in the morning come back later and they are just still rdming and reporting them on the forums is just more of a pain then it helps. 

IDK how it is for GMOD, but making a report for CSGO MFKers is insanely easy and takes only 2 minutes, tops. Don't be lazy and make the report and get them banned for longer.