Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HCMikey

VET Ranks

I half agree with defqon, but also with something of a similar idea. As time moves on the VET group is growing more and more. I realize this is not a "legends" rank, but I do like the idea that it represents those that have stuck around a long time. The only problem is that the more it grows, the less it seems to matter. 

So, what can be done about this.. I don't know if the best idea is to create new ranks, or ranks within ranks - although that may be a solution down the line as members are here longer and longer. I don't have the perfect answer, I don't think anyone does. This is why there was such a debate about VIP and how that rank should go.. but I honestly wouldn't be upset if they increased the time needed to become a VET, even if it meant I wasn't a VET for now (Although I doubt putting it at over 6 years would be a viable time requirement as of right now, so if this were to happen, I think I should be safe).

I did suggest an 12 tier ranking system, non of staff really cared for the idea. It spanned 10 years which scary enough it is very close to the age of sG. I don't think we will be doing any adjustments to R&R anytime soon unless there is a massive problem which needs to be solved ASAP.

I half agree with defqon, but also with something of a similar idea. As time moves on the VET group is growing more and more. I realize this is not a "legends" rank, but I do like the idea that it represents those that have stuck around a long time. The only problem is that the more it grows, the less it seems to matter.

So, what can be done about this.. I don't know if the best idea is to create new ranks, or ranks within ranks - although that may be a solution down the line as members are here longer and longer. I don't have the perfect answer, I don't think anyone does. This is why there was such a debate about VIP and how that rank should go.. but I honestly wouldn't be upset if they increased the time needed to become a VET, even if it meant I wasn't a VET for now (Although I doubt putting it at over 6 years would be a viable time requirement as of right now, so if this were to happen, I think I should be safe).

Could be an option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think is just complicating things even further, my honest opinion is just leave it as it is. If anything create maybe one more rank for memebers who joined in the first 6-12 months or what ever. But still, I don't see the point.

please don't make the VET requirement longer than 4 years I'm eligible next week D:

I think is just complicating things even further, my honest opinion is just leave it as it is. If anything create maybe one more rank for memebers who joined in the first 6-12 months or what ever. But still, I don't see the point.

I agree. I mean I don't think we need to change anything, says the one that is already a VET. Though I think that Member status is enough, and give those whom are trustworthy ability to ban asshats, and that should be enough. Just my 2 cents.

Just add a number to it, like 6 year Veteran. That way people like Howard will always be higher than Hornycat forever.

I also had a dream last night where I got JCS again from Ctark

There isn't any reason to have 12 ranks, if we want to award people like howard who have been around for 6+ years, we should just make forum badges and award them to those people.

To expand on what Blob said, here's a simple idea. In game and on forums VETs could show off their "vetness" by having a years in the clan tag?

In-game could be "sG | DarkPredator [VET4]", others could be [VET6], etc.

On forums it could be a simple badge under the name or something.

The in-game component could be approved by staff and implemented immediately, and could be treated like any other clan tag, don't impersonate.

The forums implementation as stated would require some effort.

ITT: Older VETs want the newer VETs to bow before their epeen.

What other reason is there for me to make this thread? The other lowly inferior members shall bask in my shine and glory.

Just add a number to it, like 6 year Veteran. That way people like Howard will always be higher than Hornycat forever.

I also had a dream last night where I got JCS again from Ctark

#operationJPHowardFromClanSoHornycatIsForeeverAhead

What about just creating badges for Vets?

Like. 2-4 Years badge.

4-6 Years badge.

6-8 Years badge.

How about this for everyone tho? 

Make an automated badge system where it tracks your time in the clan (idk how hard that would be) and put the years you've been in on your badges (in like 2 or 5 year increments)

People wanting a badge for just showing up is an example of what's wrong with 'merica. A badge is an achievement or recognition of service. It's not "everyone gets a trophy" like your t-ball league. Folks get mad when we "newfag, mediumfag, oldfag" them. Congrats! You're a 6th year Senior. Maybe you can buy all the Freshman some cigs and date their mothers.

A badge for just being here, Jeez...

People wanting a badge for just showing up is an example of what's wrong with 'merica. A badge is an achievement or recognition of service. It's not "everyone gets a trophy" like your t-ball league. Folks get mad when we "newfag, mediumfag, oldfag" them. Congrats! You're a 6th year Senior. Maybe you can buy all the Freshman some cigs and date their mothers.

A badge for just being here, Jeez...

A badge for being here 8 years doe?!?!? soon to be 9 and then 10?

There are already too many ranks.. Keep it simple I think. 

^^^ Listen to him, he ain't bitchin like the rest of you.

What other reason is there for me to make this thread? The other lowly inferior members shall bask in my shine and glory.

#operationJPHowardFromClanSoHornycatIsForeeverAhead

I would give up my title as Legend just to keep you in your place.  Don't worry.

^^^ Listen to him, he ain't bitchin like the rest of you.

I would give up my title as Legend just to keep you in your place.  Don't worry.

It takes a Legend to stop a Vet? I feel honored yo