Sign in to follow this  
_kyle_

Microsoft to stop windows 7 support

Yeah the mainstream support ends... Atleast they will keep the security updates coming till 14th Jan 2020.. Will propably update to windows 9 or w/e when it comes out.

Yeah the mainstream support ends... Atleast they will keep the security updates coming till 14th Jan 2020.. Will propably update to windows 9 or w/e when it comes out.

They still haven't ended support for Vista and xp literally just ended the security. Windows 7 has until like 2020 for security updates I heard somewhere

yeah if you actually read the article you would know that security updates go until 2020. The performance tweaks and other little updates not related to security are what is going bye bye. In other word MS policy is to keep developing a product/version for 5 years after it's release. They are just stopping development of Win 7. However, if a security related bug is discovered they will patch it.

Edited by centran

"Free mainstream support for all versions of Windows 7 will end on 13 Jan 2015, but the company has promised to provide security patches through to 2020, according to Business Insider."

Clickbait is clickbait

windows 7 is getting quite old, and well its a business so they have to focus less on there old stuff and more on the newer stuff. cant be too surprised 
and plus hype for windows 9?

yeah if you actually read the article you would know that security updates go until 2020. The performance tweaks and other little updates not related to security are what is going bye bye. In other word MS policy is to keep developing a product/version for 5 years after it's release. They are just stopping development of Win 7. However, if a security related bug is discovered they will patch it.

;)

The question is, who is still using windows xp

I've got a desktop that I don't use much anymore that is still running xp ^_^

yeah but those computers aren't connected to the internet so they don't have to worry about security patches!

Yeah, they are. The government spends lots of money for custom systems to work on a particular OS. At times a patch or new OS will break the software.

XP lives on certain government comps.

Truth

Win 95 still lives on in my old lab. Only one connection away from the internet. They had a computer still running 3.1 for something retarded as well. I managed to get a picture of the windows 95 i believe somewhere on my phone.