Sign in to follow this  
Ghost X

For people have GPU / CPU heat problems.

When I first played BF4 my GPU had a temperature of 92°C and would probably go higher if I continued playing.

Today I opened up my pc and opened up my graphics card. there was quite a lot of dust in the heat sinks and under the ventilator. After removing the dust I applied new thermal paste to both GPU's (I used Arctic Silver 5). After assembling everything back to what it was I opened BF4 again and now I reach 70°C MAX on everything Ultra. That's a 22°C!! difference.

So if your pc is 1 year or older you might want to open up your GFX card and check for dust because it makes a ton of difference.

I don't know if applying new thermal paste did a lot to my gpu but I sure am happy with the result.

If you never applied thermal paste before, don't hesitate to ask me how to do it :)

Posted · Hidden by Eddy, November 10, 2013 - flaming
Hidden by Eddy, November 10, 2013 - flaming

if ppl that have overheating problems dont look into it, isnt that on them. y are u spamming can u fucking stop

its like for me to tell u that i have a soft penis and i found the fix is that I need to have intense incest roleplay to get my dick throbbing hard. my little penis problems arent gonna help anyone unless u have a small dick too but u got a small dick so shits done anyways. u know? so please k

its like for me to tell u that i have a soft penis and i found the fix is that I need to have intense incest roleplay to get my dick throbbing hard. my little penis problems arent gonna help anyone unless u have a small dick too but u got a small dick so shits done anyways. u know? so please k

What we can gather from this is that Pebbz has a small penis and loves intense incest roleplay.

incest roleplay is pretty fun tbh

incest roleplay is pretty fun tbh

Did you really not learn your lesson the last time you did this?

On topic: master, I would recommend cleaning out your pc with an air duster every couple of months. It keeps build up from getting bad and if you got a clear side panel, its nice to see a dust free rig. 

Edited by Illogical

Did you really not learn you lesson the last time you did this?

On topic: master, I would recommend cleaning out your pc with an air duster every couple of months. It keeps build up from getting bad and if you got a clear side panel, its nice to see a dust free rig. 

I have a clear side panel, but you don't see the dust inside of the graphics card. Never thought about dust stacking in my gpu heat sinks because every fan I have got a dust filter

:::General PC owning tips:::

Blow your PC out with compressed air every 4-7 months depending on environment
re-apply Thermal paste every 12-15 months depending on ambient temp and humidity of environment

Defrag PC once a month
antivirus scan 1-2 times a month(can be more)

re-apply Thermal paste every 12-15 months depending on ambient temp and humidity of environment

Defrag PC once a month

Going on that, always SCHEDULE the latter two during a time when you're not at the computer, but have it turned on.

I also recommend a full rebuild while re-applying thermal paste just for the sake of completely clearing the chassis of dust

Defrag PC once a month

Just a heads up, Win7 automatically defrags in background at idle which is why the HDD LED goes wild sometimes for no reason. Not sure if Win8 does this.

The same thing happened to my graphics card, I neglected it for a bit over a year and suddenly while playing Tomb Raider I started to get wild graphical artifacts. Checked my temps and they were mid-90C. I cleaned all my fan filters and the heatsink for the card and suddenly the temps top out at 65C again like they did when I first installed it.

The same thing happened to my graphics card, I neglected it for a bit over a year and suddenly while playing Tomb Raider I started to get wild graphical artifacts. Checked my temps and they were mid-90C. I cleaned all my fan filters and the heatsink for the card and suddenly the temps top out at 65C again like they did when I first installed it.

For some reason mine is running cooler than when I first got it

everyone should download hwmonitor pro off tpb for temps if you dont have a cool story bios

if you go above 80 while gaming you should prob stop and get that shit fixed before you continue

physically take apart your video card to remove all the dust- remember this is just expensive lego

"bu-but i dont want to spend $30 on fans..."

well i guess you arent cut out to be a pc gamer

everyone should download hwmonitor pro off tpb for temps if you dont have a cool story bios

if you go above 80 while gaming you should prob stop and get that shit fixed before you continue

physically take apart your video card to remove all the dust- remember this is just expensive lego

"bu-but i dont want to spend $30 on fans..."

well i guess you arent cut out to be a pc gamer

WHY HAVEN'T I USED THIS!

I'VE BEEN USING THE SHITTY SPEEDFAN PROGRAM