Sign in to follow this  
Lesbian Dad

I'm in the mood to try and switch browsers again

I am sort of tired of Firefox, though I am content with it. Before this I was on Chrome and before that I was Firefox ...

But, I'd like to hear some reasons why you use the browser that you do. I've read some articles about speed, security, features etc. and I still can't make a decision. I figure I should hear from a user's experience to help make a decision.

Whether it's Opera, IE, Chrome, FF ... let me know your experiences with your browser and why you use it. Detailed and technical explainations for your opinions are appreciated.

As a longtime fanboy of Firefox I made the switch to Chrome and felt really weird about it, so eventually I switched back to Firefox after a while and told myself it'd be better now with all the new updates.  Then I tried Nightly, and another variation of Firefox but it just feels clunky after a lot of use and can rape your memory out of no where sometimes.  Back to Chrome now and been here for months.

Nightly is the beta 64-bit version, they state it when you install it you may run into issues. Personally, I don't like chrome for how it looks, simple as that. Sort of why I am using firefox.

I had firefox for a long time but it randomly crashed sometimes with youtube videos and stuff open. Switched to Chrome and never had a problem ever since.

+ Chrome has a good addblocker

Edited by Master Chief

I'm on chrome, it seems to run the best with my computer, 

Firefox would be my second choice, but I only use Firefox for my ChaCha Guide stuff.

I've used Opera in the past, It isn't the best, but if you looking for something different you could try it.

Worst case senerio, you download a browser and hate it, uninstall it.

I been using Chrome for almost 2 year now. I just like it since you can change the themes. The regular theme it just too bright.

ngbbs47feba28f1872.jpg

logo-history-ff.png

EDIT: Grammar problems.

Edited by Kung-chan

I use firefox for no reason other than it works as a browser. I don't care enough (also chrome uses a fuckton of processes for some reason)

Each tab(might be window) is its own process to prevent one crashing and bringing down the "whole ship" with it.

Each tab(might be window) is its own process to prevent one crashing and bringing down the "whole ship" with it.

This is the only reason I've used chrome in the past but I had some crashing issues and reverted back to firefox...been using firefox for a long time except for those couple of months I was trying out chrome....I prefer Firefox.

" IE raced through the tests in 97ms in desktop mode, while the touch-based IE took 113.7 milliseconds. Those numbers are amazing: it wasn't that long ago that IE benchmarks were measured in millennia.

Chrome was next, at 147.2ms, Firefox was narrowly behind with 176.6ms, Opera scored 180.5ms and Safari was narrowly beaten into last place with 182.7ms."

Assuming it is a WIndows 8 PC with latest version of IE (10)

Edited by Jungle Fever

" IE raced through the tests in 97ms in desktop mode, while the touch-based IE took 113.7 milliseconds. Those numbers are amazing: it wasn't that long ago that IE benchmarks were measured in millennia.

Chrome was next, at 147.2ms, Firefox was narrowly behind with 176.6ms, Opera scored 180.5ms and Safari was narrowly beaten into last place with 182.7ms."

Assuming it is a WIndows 8 PC with latest version of IE (10)

Yeah, but IE 10 is kind of a bitch to setup the way you want it to be. Addons are super easy with firefox