Sign in to follow this  
HurFFiNatEr010

I've been Hacked

Some douche hacked my computer. I opened an exe like a dumbfuck then 10 min later I hear the anon catchphrase come from no where. I start looking through Skype and the I hear "you can't find me". So I turned my computer off. When I rebooted within 30 seconds he says "welcome back Evan". He then proceeds to disable the icons on my desktop and I couldn't do anything. Random chat box opens the says what's up, I went along with it do I didn't seem mad so he wouldn't get what he wanted. Then says oh you password is .... And he was right so I turned off computer, went downstairs and changed every account password that matched.

As of now my computer is in safe mode and disconnected from Internet. My antivirus won't open and it says task manager is disabled by admin. I'm moving my good files to flash drives then formatting and reinstalling.

Is this what I should do? Any more precautions to take? This never happened to me before so idk what do

Keep that computer PHYSICALLY disconnected from the internet until you've taken the right steps.

I suggest formatting and re-installing windows to be safe. Your tormentor clearly took an interest.

And because of that, when your're back up and running safely again, he may still be targeting your home IP, so get some firewalls set up.

In the end, if its a script kiddy, the firewalls will stop him. If it's an actual hacker, you're fucked call the police.

EDIT: Call your ISP and request a new IP and explain if need be. Tell them that they need to defend you better too if they argue and sound mad.

Edited by DarkPredator

Reformat, if you're desperate, unplug your internet modem for 6 hours (if comcast). Sometimes it will give you a different IP.

Make sure you isolate your computer not just from the internet, but all other computers in your house.

Copy all files you want to a flash drive.  DO NOT put this drive into any other computer!

Reformat the computer, don't just re-install but make sure you actually format the whole drive, including any 'backup' drives / partitions.

Reinstall your antivirus and anti malware programs. 

re-insert your flash drive containing the backed up files.

Do a complete scan on all the files.  Make sure non of this shit you talked about earlier happens again.

Once you are happy the new files are not infected I would then re-connect directly back to the internet (isolate all the other computers from the network for a few minutes) and once connected, update your system to the latest service pack.

Confirm that above shit doesn't return, and if you wish, do another scan of your computer.

Once you are happy you have gotten rid of the virus / malware, feel free to continue installing all the other programs, and reconnecting the other devices to the network.

This is what I would do, then again, I always do virus scans on all the files (not just .exe's) I download from sketchy sources anyway.

It's a learning experience.  Use it as such, and be more careful in the future.

Also just curious, what is your login name for windows?   (if you click start, I belive it's also displayed in the top right corner (depending on OS version)).  Is it by chance Evan?

The "You can't find me" phrase gave me the chiils. If I would go randomly on my Skype and hear that I would shit my pants.

That just pissed me off even more lol, but the creepier thing is it didnt come from skype

UPDATE: got window going and reinstalling drivers. Forgot to bring up i was updating my iphone when it happened and since i panicked and shut down my system i lost all my shit. He hit me good.

ALSO forgot to say he was opening and closing my disk drive. I shit mad brix

@ctark yea my username was evan.. Ill make sure to listen to your advice thanks dude.

Edited by HurFFiNatEr010

Keep that computer PHYSICALLY disconnected from the internet until you've taken the right steps.

I suggest formatting and re-installing windows to be safe. Your tormentor clearly took an interest.

And because of that, when your're back up and running safely again, he may still be targeting your home IP, so get some firewalls set up.

In the end, if its a script kiddy, the firewalls will stop him. If it's an actual hacker, you're fucked call the police.

EDIT: Call your ISP and request a new IP and explain if need be. Tell them that they need to defend you better too if they argue and sound mad.

Do this,

In your firewall settings make sure there are no unnecessary open ports. (ie. game ports, ftp, rdp.. etc)

Some isp's will give a new ip if you disconnect your router for a few hours.

:)

GL Bro.