Sign in to follow this  
Mitch

Syndicate Gamers Digest Volume 11 [11/27/10]

Syndicate Gamers Digest Vol. 11 [11/27/10]

Community

It's been some time since our last digest and since a lot of updates have been made, here is another digest for all the community to read and gossip over. Enjoy!

Staff

Staffing Changes

We would like to formally welcome Fatb0y to Engineer! Fatb0y will aid Yiyas, Klark and Jason with the server maintenance duties, as Fatb0y is extremely skilled in this area and would help things move faster on the technical side. Congrats Fatb0y!

For the community's reference, here is the current staff list.

JCS:

CoinStar

Church

Jason

Junzou

Oracion

Advisor:

Mitch

Marvin

Lopez

Blob

Zachmanman

Engineers:

Klark

Yiyas

Fatb0y

Recruitment Officers:

ChosenOne2000 [Zombie]

Super Novacaine [JB]

Empire [WCS]

Clan Ranks & Recruitment

Our Ranks and Recruitment process has recently been changed, but it's still under a lot of work.

NOTICE TO ALL RECRUITS WHO WERE DENIED FOR THE NOVEMBER 2010 MONTH, YOU HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL JANUARY 2011 BEFORE YOU CAN APPLY AGAIN (YOU ARE DISQUALIFIED FOR THE DECEMBER 2010 RECRUITMENT PERIOD).

Attention sG Community, we are looking for your opinions on both the current sG ranks and recruitment system. Please let us know of all feedback (please keep it appropriate, no trolling/flaming) with the system in the thread by posting in this digest thread. We will take all posts into serious consideration amongst the staff.

Other

Server Changes

We have added a climb and readded a zombie mod server. Please help us populate these servers!

Attention sG Community, we are looking for your opinions on both the current sG ranks and recruitment system. Please let us know of all feedback (please keep it appropriate, no trolling/flaming) with the system in the thread by posting in this digest thread. We will take all posts into serious consideration amongst the staff.

Oh boy... INCOMING!!!!!!

I like keeping the ranks simple. The recruitment could probably use some work and you will hear a lot of opinions. The only think I will say is that I am not a big fan of exponent ranks. Maybe do something where you increase the amount of pipes in your name with rank. Or, add brackets around sG and you get more brackets with higher rank. Something not so obvious but clan members will know.

http://www.syndicate-gamers.net/showthread.php/37251-Rank-System-Idea.

:3

oh hai there

congrats fatboy?

My idea:

New people get into sGr immediately like now.

During 1-month trial period, community votes on them.

If they get 15/15 negative votes, then the staff will vote on their acceptance at end of the month. (Higher number for more clan members)

Staff can tell if the community is just trolling or actually doesn't like the recruit.

If the member doesn't get 15 negative votes, they get into sG^1 automatically.

I suggested this once for recruitment:

Members and staff vote at the same time. If either member vote or staff vote ends up negative, the person is rejected. Otherwise, if either member vote or staff vote passes (15/15 or 5/5, or some reasonable number for both), the person is accepted. This takes everybody's opinion into account and doesn't take more time since both votes are happening at the same time.

I like the old recruit application system better :I

I personally dislike the monthly recruitment thing. I might add an addendum to my post about a revision of the OLD recruitment system, back when you got a staff ref, 4/4 and then were in.

I personally dislike the monthly recruitment thing. I might add an addendum to my post about a revision of the OLD recruitment system, back when you got a staff ref, 4/4 and then were in.

i like the recruitment thing, keeps people out who kiss ass for ten minutes then go douchebag like shippo

i like the recruitment thing, keeps people out who kiss ass for ten minutes then go douchebag like shippo

I like the new version I wrote up better. And keeps Shippos out.

Addendum:

Alternate recruitment system:

Applicant requirements:

• One staff referral, or two PM or higher referrals
  • After a screening, the applicant must get 4/4 staff votes. If there are 5 votes against them at any time, they are denied.
  • After the staff vote passes, they are inducted in to the clan. They do not get access to the "Trial Period" forum.
  • They are a Clan Member for three months. This is similar to the recruitment period.
  • Instead of wearing the recruit tag, they have a regular clan tag.
  • If this user is a complete fuck-up, any clan member can start a thread against them in the Trial Period forum. They voice their complaints about the person, provide demos or post links (if necessary), chat logs, etc.
  • After their Clan Member period, in their application to member, the person is voted upon by the community.
  • NOW. You may be saying, "What in the fuck are you on? Three months of recruitment is absolutely retarded." But, think about it. It's not recruitment. And it's already 6 months until newbz level up to sG2 anyways... So, I'm basically giving them a faster way to get to being more "in" the clan, and I'm giving you an easier way to weed out idiots.

Sign in to follow this