Sign in to follow this  
Microshock

Get rid of the Disrespect Rule

Guest Waffle

I'm going to slay Microshock every time he disrespects me, after the first time, I'm going to kick him, after the kick, it's a ban, a six hour ban, mind you.

I'm going to slay Microshock every time he disrespects me, after the first time, I'm going to kick him, after the kick, it's a ban, a six hour ban, mind you.

omg omg omg do it, jk who cares

This thread is most likely about Ninja Assasin who kicked someone after they called him a faggot...

really? gonna bring up an already resolved issue yet again?

Disagreeing with an admin is different to calling him a faggot, it's not hard to call an admin out on a bad decision without being a douche in the process, and if you still get banned that's the admin abusing not the rule, but if you want to be a prick and call someone a moron or a faggot or whatnot then please spare us your bitching when you get punished.

Though who the fuck bans someone for getting called a faggot, just proves them right.

really? gonna bring up an already resolved issue yet again?

LOL. If you use logic, it did in fact start there, after that post he made about your kick, then he posted this thread.

I never enforce the disrespect rule. When people wanna disrespect me I.......

1. Just laugh

2. Call my buddies into the server to record their rage

3. Make funny sound clips

4. Make them avaliable to the whole community here: http://www.syndicate-gamers.net/showthread.php/33483-You-Don-t-Deserve-My-Respect-(2010)

5. Have random people spam the clips to make that admin rage even harder

See how that works?

1. Just laugh

4. Make them avaliable to the whole community here: http://www.syndicate-gamers.net/showthread.php/33483-You-Don-t-Deserve-My-Respect-(2010)

See how that works?

WIN. Even though I can't see that thread you posted >_<

I know whoever put that there had the best of intentions on that rule but it DOESNT WORK.

All that ends up happening is admins who want to abuse their power will use it as an excuse to kick anyone they feel like.

That's the only purpose it serves. It doesn't make the servers better, it just conserves the admins feelings so they're not hurt.

Ends up hurting the players more since admins never ever will kick a normal player for disrespecting another player. I've never seen that once.

not true for me, if i hear ppl starting to get pissed off at each other, i try to break it up, either by saying dont argue or no flaming, etc. then if it doesnt work, they both get muted, regardless of whoever is right or wrong, or kicked if it keeps going through chat.

1. Just laugh

See how that works?

and i dont have access to that thread :(

People need to request access to the soapbox (FFA, but w/ a new name) PM an ADV or JCS.

Don't even associate the Soap Box with FFA. Soap Box is fucking terrible.

Don't even associate the Soap Box with FFA. Soap Box is fucking terrible.

Ya the soap box isn't that great. I would love to have the FFA back though..

not true for me, if i hear ppl starting to get pissed off at each other, i try to break it up, either by saying dont argue or no flaming, etc. then if it doesnt work, they both get muted, regardless of whoever is right or wrong, or kicked if it keeps going through chat.

and i dont have access to that thread :(

It still is a useless rule that accomplishes nothing but lets admins punish players for whatever the ADMIN thinks is disrespectful. Some vegan nut admin could think someone talking about meat is disrespectful and kick them.

well you would whine about that rule micro.. tbh... you start flaming and spamming the admin chat with disrespecting comments when evere you get killed in jb.... it's kinda troublesome to see the Ts chat when the whole chat box get's filled with: FUCKING MORONS! etc..

There's a difference between calling someone a faggot once, then continuing to bother said admin/person by doing so for a long, long time. If it gets to be harassing/bothersome then yeah, kick and whatever, but if you're being called a moron once and you're kicking, I think you need to go get in a few fights and learn how to toughen up a bit.

I really just see no need to kick someone for "disrespect" unless it's constant and overbearing. Even then, you do have mute/gag which fucks with them more than a kick.

Sign in to follow this