Sign in to follow this  
Carl Sagan

New mic?

So the mic on my headset magically broke after 2 months, and they told me the warrenty doesnt cover regular wear and tear. fuck you steelseries.

The headphones are amazing, but without a mic it makes them pretty much useless. So im thinking about buying just a stand up mic thats high quality for replacement for 20-30 bucks. Before i go to best buy and buy overpriced 3 year old shit, does anyone reccomend anything?

Haha that was a fail dojima. I don't know much about those types but velosaraptor had commented on my post with one. His post is lacking some details but here it is anyways.

lol, whats it lacking?

and btw how did it work out for you, poc?

i use that mic b/c the headsets hurt my ears after a while, and i get to use my nice desktop sound setup.

i was also suprised by how nicely it works for such a cheap analog mic

did you even read my fucking post?

ahah, my bad. I just ignored that part 'cause desk mics suck for gaming. I have used this and this, though, and they're pretty good. There's no reason to spend 20–30 if you're just gettin' a desk mic for gaming.

ahah, my bad. I just ignored that part 'cause desk mics suck for gaming. I have used this and this, though, and they're pretty good. There's no reason to spend 20–30 if you're just gettin' a desk mic for gaming.

concur...

The best rated mic for online gaming belongs to a headset the G35.

...I have it...I love it