Sign in to follow this  
Yamakasi

Game Lag due to hi ing time

Hi,

I've noticed while playing CS on all different servers not just SG ones that when ppl with hi Ping times come on everyone suffers... Admins don't boot them just wondering if this is something you guys are looking into or not something to worry about...

omgawd, wrong forums dood. go to the complaint department. and the lag is probably your internet. we have no control over the other servers.

Guest rw.Sentenced

Either way. You're wrong. Individual ping times of other players do not make you lag. Have you bothered seeing if your choke is high from having the rates set wrong. Thats usually the cause of most lag for people with low ping

Either way. You're wrong. Individual ping times of other players do not make you lag. Have you bothered seeing if your choke is high from having the rates set wrong. Thats usually the cause of most lag for people with low ping

this

I have given up trying to convince people of this

Guest Waffle

High ping does not mean you will lag. I've seen a person with 500 and he plays fine. Doesn't effect anyone at all.

Thank god at least some people know that the high ping of one person has no effect on anyone else.

High ping does not mean you will lag. I've seen a person with 500 and he plays fine. Doesn't effect anyone at all.

What?

Guest Waffle

I meant that if someone has high ping, it won't effect you at all. :X

I just worded it badly.

Ping does affect other people if you are the host player ( non-dedicated servers ) but not if you are just a player .

Just to clarify .

What?

It's just like any other server except you can play on the machine that's hosting... Works the same way.

Oh , you gonna argue again ?

You're saying that if the person hosting has high ping the players in the server won't lag? Holy fuck, if you think that you're hella stupid .

I'M TALKING ABOUT NONDEDICATED SERVERS

Uh...well, yes, I suppose that would be true. If their machine is somehow so slow that they themselves do not have ~0 ping, yes, everyone would lag. The host in a listen server typically gets zero ping, though... If they don't, low ping for other players is probably the least of the concern.

Uh...well, yes, I suppose that would be true. If their machine is somehow so slow that they themselves do not have ~0 ping, yes, everyone would lag. The host in a listen server typically gets zero ping, though... If they don't, low ping for other players is probably the least of the concern.

Are you saying that your machine is the sole purpose of ping lag?, bandwidth is mostly the cause of non dedicated server lag .

Oh and ~1ping* , 0 ping is impossible .

If you don't have around 0ms in a listen serv, yeah, it's your machine's fault.

Omg, you know there's a thing called bandwidth cap .

Please look up and know how a non dedicated ( A chooser like IWNET ) server ACTUALLY works instead of using your popular *I know it's right because i'm always right method" and then come back and talk.

I said...

0 ms is not possible

Then you said...

Never said it was.
If you don't have around 0ms in a listen serv, yeah, it's your machine's fault.
The host in a listen server typically gets zero ping, though...

nb4 back trackin'

'Cause I already established that I meant in the general area of zero... While it's of course not exactly zero ping, it is effectively zero ping.

You guys are really grasping at straws here.

Sign in to follow this