Sign in to follow this  
Skipp

Periath of Health buff

Now that the shop item Periath of Health only lasts for one turn 7000$ seems quite excessive for it.

Im not sure what the exact health it gives (because it doesnt say in the item description)

But i think that everybody would buy any other item over it with such a high cost.

Don't think of it as a permanent item think of it as a 7,000 dollar heal. On strong races that can't heal or regen it's a very good use of 7,000.

Then what if the item just completely healed you to base health + 25 and armor. That way it would be more like a cheap skate version of a revive on demand.

I personally think the item is still work 7k. +50HP on any race is very valuable. Healing when you have no heal skills is very valuable (e.g. think if you are at 40 hp and have LJ, chain, claw, ... spending 7k to potentially save all those items and win a 1v1 is DEFINITELY worth it).

I believe skitt agrees with me (iirc he is the one who suggested dropping it to 1 round and I agreed and made the change myself). I don't think it needs to have a stronger effect. Dropping the price is always pretty dangerous, especially on the stronger items.

Yea those are some pretty decent arguments.

I kinda expected it to be looked at that way but i had the feeling it was a bit too much aimed towards itemwhoring/unhealable strong races.

I was just throwing some ideas around but it seems everybody generally agrees that it should be this way.

Its not bad for what it gives, I have to agree with Face. Especially if you have a bunch of people on your team with bets going on you, and its like you versus 1, 2 or 3 people. The price is high but it provides some decent hp, definitely for the people who are a bit more serious about rank and points/kills in a round. 

With what we currently have on the server, 7k for a 1 round boost of hp just isn't worth it. I'd much rather teleport into a group of enemies and get a 1 for 1 trade, possibly more, then respawn for 3k more. I used to play much more defensively when it was a permanent item -- the way shopmenu items are now makes my meta playstyle extremely toxic: rush enemy spawn, suicide to kill 3 people, respawn and repeat. There's simply no reason to buy anything other than a respawn nowadays but I think that speaks less towards this item and more towards respawn's pricing after all of the other items' price increase.