Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moose

[ARCHIVE] Jailbreak Issues

This thread will be for the reporting of any map, game, or rule. Feel free to ask questions, answers, or your input. This thread is not for arguing, if there is not a clear consensus on a ruling please, just wait until a staff member has the chance to respond. I would prefer you still create new threads for things like "New LR Idea X". Examples of things that could go in this thread:

• Should dodge the clip be played in Clouds solitary (or anywhere similar)?
  • Is X situation OK? /Rules Clarification.
  • Issues with specific players (Again, please don't flame, if you feel this will cause issues in the thread, feel free to PM Cows, myself, or an SO and it can be discussed in private).
  • Any general questions.

Trolling, flaming, spamming, etc. will be subject to infraction. This does not mean your opinions will receive infractions (this will be nowhere near as harsh as the complaint department) but please try to keep it civil, and help people out.

That being said, since this will cover what many of you have been posting in the Jailbreak Update thread, it will be closed to other posters. I will still post all the updates I make, and add a post so that you can tell there is something new. 

For bugs in the server, please use the BUG TRACKER

Due to Bullet harassing me, we have created a new sub forum for suggestions.

I honestly believe "Dodge the Clip" should not ever be played. Why?:

1. It has nothing to do with skill or winning/losing, it's all based on where the warden aims.

2. If played at the beginning of the round, those killed in the solitary have to wait the whole round without having any chance to have fun or rebel.

3. There is no reason to play it other than to get free points like a sissy.

It's killwhoring and it's allowed.

-----------------------------------------

Multiple CT's chasing one rebeller that jumped down into the vents is NOT okay. It's unnecessary and it's taking away a large part of the team, leaving the rest vulnerable and outnumbered. In most cases, it completely screws the CT's and the ones that chased in the vents usually end up as LCT.

So add a limit of how many CT's can chase after one rebelling T that just hopped into the vents.

What new maps are we expecting and what maps are you thinking of getting rid of? I know that there are a lot of maps with broken games, so I'm just wondering what we can look forward to in the future.

That's all I got for now.

A big problem in JB right now is wardens starting a round with games listed below just so he can kill off 15 Terrorists right off the bat. It's not fun for either side. 

TNT maze 

Death crate

Break floor

Slide Race (This one is probably the worst one of the bunch)

Dying within the first minute of a round (or multiple rounds in a row) not only makes the server incredibly boring for those who died but it also makes lots of new players disconnect. These games should really be used to decide LR winners.

1. It has nothing to do with skill or winning/losing, it's all based on where the warden aims.

2. If played at the beginning of the round, those killed in the solitary have to wait the whole round without having any chance to have fun or rebel.

3. There is no reason to play it other than to get free points like a sissy.

It's killwhoring and it's allowed.

Multiple CT's chasing one rebeller that jumped down into the vents is NOT okay. It's unnecessary and it's taking away a large part of the team, leaving the rest vulnerable and outnumbered. In most cases, it completely screws the CT's and the ones that chased in the vents usually end up as LCT.

So add a limit of how many CT's can chase after one rebelling T that just hopped into the vents.

What new maps are we expecting and what maps are you thinking of getting rid of? I know that there are a lot of maps with broken games, so I'm just wondering what we can look forward to in the future.

That's all I got for now.

1. I half agree with you with dodge the clip. I don't allow people to play it very often. But perhaps a solution would be to restrict the spaces in which it can be played even further. Places like lego solitary, very few people actually die from it, that's OK sometimes.

2. Again, I half agree with you. Sometimes following one T through vents leads to 3-4, so it's always nice to have backup. That and in a lot of vents there are pistols/leads to armory, so the backup is necessary.

3. I'm not a mapper, nor do I know of anything planned on coming dealing with maps, aside from Killer talking about creating his own map.

A big problem in JB right now is wardens starting a round with games listed below just so he can kill off 15 Terrorists right off the bat. It's not fun for either side. 

TNT maze 

Death crate

Break floor

Dying within the first minute of a round (or multiple rounds in a row) not only makes the server incredibly boring for those who died but it also makes lots of new players disconnect. These games should really be used to decide LR winners.

Ehh. Again, the same as above, I partially agree with you. There are games like death crate where to be honest, it's mostly luck if you live - roulette would be thrown in this category for me as well. I hate that, especially earlier on in the round.

As far as TNT Maze, Break floor, and Slide Race go however, you can improve at these games with skill (OK, maybe not break floor, but most break floors are extremely easy to live through (since you can stand on multiple squares at once)). I can do most TNT Mazes, and a few of the slide races, however a lot of the slide races on maps are extremely hard, and kill you rather than giving you more chances.

If these games are continuously being played on a map, I expect an admin to step up and enforce the 'fun and diverse' rule of JB. 

What about roulette Thou? It is all luck.

But... 

I do agree that Dodge the clip on Clouds is to small to play.

What about roulette Thou? It is all luck.

But... 

I do agree that Dodge the clip on Clouds is to small to play.

You can win in roulette by making your own choice; it actually feels like a game.

Dodge the Clip feels like the warden is just taking free shots at you without any effort put into it.

Moose hit the nail on the head here pretty hard. The one thing I will add is, last time I asked if i should ban dodge the nade and dodge the clip, people wanted it to stay. Do people believe its time for another vote?

I like to play dodge the clip and dodge the nade.

They're filler games, sure, but meanwhile as i'm doing that, i'm also thinking of a game to play next.

My major issue with JB is that wardens don't play games that are not map based, and then the rounds go stale quickly.

I suggest all JB regulars having a meeting on teamspeak so we can discuss and find out more non-game maps to play and add them to motd, so we can actually get more variety. Other than trivia 2+2=. That shit's not even amusing anymore, its just lazy and fucking ruins the game.

Moose hit the nail on the head here pretty hard. The one thing I will add is, last time I asked if i should ban dodge the nade and dodge the clip, people wanted it to stay. Do people believe its time for another vote?

I would say playing dodge the nade in the open would be better than to do it confined easier for them to dodge it Its stead of the clip where you have no where to dodge it

I feel like dodge the nade/clip ain't really that big of a deal because DTN can only kill you if you lost health already, and DTC can only realistically kill like 5 or 6 t's that are all at full health. I do feel like TNT crate and all those other killwhore games does ruin the experience for the newer players and even regular players as you have wardens that kill 80% of the T's and spend most of their time trying to kill of like the few remaining t's. If you're going to kill off more than 60% of the T's, then at least have the decency to end the round ASAP

I feel like dodge the nade/clip ain't really that big of a deal because DTN can only kill you if you lost health already, and DTC can only realistically kill like 5 or 6 t's that are all at full health. I do feel like TNT crate and all those other killwhore games does ruin the experience for the newer players and even regular players as you have wardens that kill 80% of the T's and spend most of their time trying to kill of like the few remaining t's. If you're going to kill off more than 60% of the T's, then at least have the decency to end the round ASAP

That's why it feels bad for the people who got freeshot before the game and died cause of that :)

Edit: also I though this thread was supposed to be question --> answer type of thing not a general discussion of what would be best :P

TNT maze 

Death crate

Break floor

As a rebeller with ~80% T time, I actually enjoy all of these games if or when I'm not rebelling. TNT maze and slide race are two of my favorites because they're skill oriented. Deathcrate and breakfloor are just differing versions of roulette -- you die if you stand in the wrong place. However unlike roulette, my least favorite game, you don't have a 50% chance of dying; you die based on your position and that position is always moving.

I have yet to die to dodge the clip -- pick a corner and you live. Dodge the nade is fun since you get to run around and ct's are scared to shoot you when you knife people.

Tbf when this occurs, the amount of rebel force in vents is almost always nullified when the ct's have backup. I might kill the first or second guy to come up the armory ladder but by then my spray's gone wild and the third will kill me in armory. From what i've seen: with the knowledge that the rebellers have all fallen, morale for the initial non-rebellers falls to levels that makes them not want to further rebel. It's a neat tactic if you're a cop.

I was always ok with revoking freedays when T population got lower, and then doing a game, even tough it might not be for LR. 

I dont agree with revoking someones freeday instantaneously upon round begin.

So since we are on the subject I want to bring another point up;

You know how wardens like to give freedays for T's that drop the guns? If youre granted a freeday upon round begin, can the warden just revoke it immediately after giving it or should we follow the same rule for the LR? 

Bumping this questions because it was never answered in my last post about LR.

Bumping this questions because it was never answered in my last post about LR.

Giving a free day apon round start because a T gave you a fun shouldn't be allowed, maybe an exemption from the next game or something amoung those lines. Reason for this is because they're giving a T who happened to be in the gun cell a free pass to get lr if he survives the while round.

Revoking an lr should only be legit if the warden or map has killed 3/4ths of the T side. Playing favorites when someone is on a free day only encourages more people to request freedays as lrs, making the server stale and vain.

Edit: Over the past month or so I've seen many players request the same things "lg fd or sonic fd" because they understandably want to have fun on our server. I don't think, however, that multiple instances if the same freedays should be given unless it's a regular freedays. Like having 3 separate people request the same lr on the same map. We should be encouraging not only CTs to make the server fun and diverse, but also Ts when it comes to lrs.

Edit: Over the past month or so I've seen many players request the same things "lg fd or sonic fd" because they understandably want to have fun on our server. I don't think, however, that multiple instances if the same freedays should be given unless it's a regular freedays. Like having 3 separate people request the same lr on the same map. We should be encouraging not only CTs to make the server fun and diverse, but also Ts when it comes to lrs.

I mean ct's making the server fun and diverse affects everyone, me getting a sonic fd doesn't affect anyone, if someone makes it through the whole round fair and square and gets lr they should be able to reward themselves with a fd. idk why someone else's lr makes the game feel stale to you but this is one of the dumbest things i've read today

As of now, asking a T to drop a gun for a freeday, is acceptable (I'm not opposed to it being changed, that is just what cows has said).

Revoking any freeday, or LR, is only to be done when the next game is for LR (to my understanding, the LR part is correct 100%, not sure about the any part, although in my opinion, same rules should apply - or possibly any singular freeday would be better put, so if you give a disco freeday for the next minute, obviously that's to everyone and can be revoked...).

And I agree with you Wave, I try and get people to be thoughtful on LRs. We have plenty of commands which can result in fun freedays... rendering, invis, gravity, speed, fly, etc. If staff are on, there's even more choices with resizing, reversing acceleration/air acceleration, etc.

TNT maze 

Death crate

Break floor

TNT Maze - I used to hate this game because I would fail at the very beginning but since I got better it is a lot more fun. It is one of the games that require some amount of skills, and for that reason it should be kept. Playing it as a first game can be extremely irritating to the newer players so I can understand why it should be a game played mid-round.

Deathcrate - I hate this game so fucking much. Whenever I play I usually will die 8/10 times. Again, it's an okay game to play to kill off maybe 3 or 4 people, but there have been times where the Warden will play it for LR and there is around 10 Ts left. 

Breakfloor - Certain maps have a decent breakfloor (The ones where they don't leave only 1 square left). The worst breakfloor is the one on Spy Vs Spy. So many times that game will kill all of the Ts playing it. The maps that do it well are typically fun and I enjoy playing it.

Slide race - Like breakfloor, some maps do it very well (Peanuts and Minecraft Beta). Other maps have really difficult ones and it's always an pain in the ass to play as a T. Side race (depending on the map) should definitely not be the first game of the round.

I agree with you for the most part. It sucks to die really early on the luck or "highly skilled" games. But as long as the warden isn't making everyone play slide race/deathcrate in the beginning of every round, I don't see it as an issue.

---Revoking a FD---

-T's killing other T's (I think this isn't really ok, mainly with the swords on Minecraft, pressing game buttons just means the warden can go somewhere else or play a different game, but having the FD be able to kill the T's almost anywhere is too much.  (I had this question written down before it was decided)

-Can CT's tell a T to drop a non-hurting item (like a decoy, flash, smoke, and c4.)

-when to revoke (i had this question written down before it was decided for an LR game only, but i think that is too late because it guarantees that the FD guy gets a huge chance to win LR again because i do things for LR when i have 2-5 T's left.  Setting a time limit also would help i.e. [When the game is for LR or after 6 mins]  just because sometimes I have 10 T's left and it is 4:00 left.

-FD FA can we revoke (I also think having a FD FA should also be able to be revoke after about 6 min, because if T's aren't killing CT's then why waste the round down to 10 mins.  This however does not include cells opening early when no orders are given.  Sometimes CT's kill all the rebellers and we are down to having 2 T's, can we not play a game to give one of them LR? so we don't wait 5 min+ for one of them to decide to rebel

---Favortism---

-Giving warden to a T (usually an admin of some sort)

-Giving a FD as a prize for a game or dropping a gun. (This shouldn't be allowed, A FD is something LR worthy not spawning in the cell with a gun.  Any other prize would be fine like someone said to be exempted from the next game.)

-Join a spot to die (Cow had a little beef with this at one point and i wanted to discus it.  I play surprise trivia and one of the prizes is to join the person who got it right and die

---Revoking a FD---

-T's killing other T's (I think this isn't really ok, mainly with the swords on Minecraft, pressing game buttons just means the warden can go somewhere else or play a different game, but having the FD be able to kill the T's almost anywhere is too much.  (I had this question written down before it was decided)

-Can CT's tell a T to drop a non-hurting item (like a decoy, flash, smoke, and c4.)

-when to revoke (i had this question written down before it was decided for an LR game only, but i think that is too late because it guarantees that the FD guy gets a huge chance to win LR again because i do things for LR when i have 2-5 T's left.  Setting a time limit also would help i.e. [When the game is for LR or after 6 mins]  just because sometimes I have 10 T's left and it is 4:00 left.

-FD FA can we revoke (I also think having a FD FA should also be able to be revoke after about 6 min, because if T's aren't killing CT's then why waste the round down to 10 mins.  This however does not include cells opening early when no orders are given.  Sometimes CT's kill all the rebellers and we are down to having 2 T's, can we not play a game to give one of them LR? so we don't wait 5 min+ for one of them to decide to rebel

---Favortism---

-Giving warden to a T (usually an admin of some sort)

-Giving a FD as a prize for a game or dropping a gun. (This shouldn't be allowed, A FD is something LR worthy not spawning in the cell with a gun.  Any other prize would be fine like someone said to be exempted from the next game.)

-Join a spot to die (Cow had a little beef with this at one point and i wanted to discus it.  I play surprise trivia and one of the prizes is to join the person who got it right and die

To your first one. Terrorist on freedays on Minecraft, when they go to the pit and grab the decoy/sword, and try to kill other terrorist, I don't personally mind. 

I think, it doesn't really disrupt the round for the terrorist too much, because I've seen most wardens allow the terrorist to crouch when the freeday terrorist

tries and kill them off with the sword. As long as the other terrorist are going to where the warden directed them, and they crouched they're a-okay.

I don't think CT's can tell a terrorist to drop flashes, smokes, or c4. That's just my opinion. I am not quite sure since a warden could say 

"come out with no guns or grenades" 

FD for all doesn't need to be revoked in my opinion again. I see terrorist who are in a freeday for all actually go to armory and rebel.

Usually to grab guns and what not, or just blatantly kill CT's in front of other CT's.

A terrorist shouldn't be given warden, unless it's asked for by LR and is accepted. You can check out cows response to warden as a terrorist here

and can also check out is response to a FD for dropping the gun. http://www.joinsg.net/topic/69095-suggestions-by-ruffles/#entry922858. 

RE: Asking a terrorist to pull out his gun for a freeday.

I think this should be allowed. It helps rounds when you are warden to keep the round moving without any interruptions (ie. the terrorist with a pistol, while in a stack killing people).

Right now terrorists with just a pistol have a big advantage, we don't know who is carrying it (unless you know what cell it spawns in). Back in the day before the orange jumpsuit skins, you used to be able to see who was carrying it. You could unstack the Ts, shoulder to shoulder and make them face cells and do an anal cavity search (haha), you'd see the gun on their hip and tell them to drop it in their cell (similar to what you do with a visible rifle or AWP).

Until the skins are fixed, giving a freeday for a terrorist should be allowed. It's a cleaner round and allows me to do something fun with the round, rather than the chaos created from a hidden pistol.

A pistol can do so much damage, especially on maps where CTs don't have armor.

On that topic, why don't we just spawn everyone with armor?

RE: Asking a terrorist to pull out his gun for a freeday.

I think this should be allowed. It helps rounds when you are warden to keep the round moving without any interruptions (ie. the terrorist with a pistol, while in a stack killing people).

Right now terrorists with just a pistol have a big advantage, we don't know who is carrying it (unless you know what cell it spawns in). Back in the day before the orange jumpsuit skins, you used to be able to see who was carrying it. You could unstack the Ts, shoulder to shoulder and make them face cells and do an anal cavity search (haha), you'd see the gun on their hip and tell them to drop it in their cell (similar to what you do with a visible rifle or AWP).

Until the skins are fixed, giving a freeday for a terrorist should be allowed. It's a cleaner round and allows me to do something fun with the round, rather than the chaos created from a hidden pistol.

A pistol can do so much damage, especially on maps where CTs don't have armor.

Or create a search cmd for cts?

Or create a search cmd for cts?

Or we could just fix the skins since the recent update.

It'd be nice if people actually carried a gun when it was unholstered.

Please no to this, it's hard enough to rebel when ct's have don't have armor and t's are uncoordinated. On the maps where ct's do have armor, I purposely rebel less. It just isn't worth it when it takes 2 slashes and a stab to kill someone.

Fuucck I got to this late. Ill make a few quick points I guess.

Dodge the clip is a shit game to play when you're a t, only fun when you're the one pulling the trigger.

Dodge the nade is risky since it allows t's to run around until a freeze command and it rarely kills anybody. If an motd rule stated the game ends when the nade goes off then it might be different. Personally, I play it when a rebel gets tagged and takes damage but manages to get back into the crowd. A well placed nade takes care of that.

Now I feel like I helped the the fd for giving up the gun situation,after attempts at THPS on blackout usually results in me getting domed. I have only ever given soli/blackout soccer fds. It's the smallest reward I can give as warden to entice people to give it up. A big difference is I only do fds for a cell gun. I don't understand those who give out a regular freeday with 6. T's remaining instead of just doing a search. Is it overdone and mostly unneeded? Most of time. But it is nota problem and i can't see a Strong argument against it. I would recommend giving immunity from the next game instead a full freeday as a final solution.

Sent with a shitty iPad 1 with low processing power and terrible keyboard response.