Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dakka

Journey to the End of Time [Video and Discussion]

Do you believe this is an accurate depiction?

Short Description:

An interesting video starting at 2019 and going well into the trillions of trillions. It shows how everything changes, gradually picking up speed toward an inevitable entropy where nothing exists and time is meaningless. Earth, the other planets in our solar system, our neighboring solar systems, our galaxy, our neighboring galaxies, our universe, and even other universes near and far have to eventually crumble and fade away.

My Thoughts:

Personally, I believe everything is part of an endless cycle; birth, growth, decay, and death. In the video, the narrator talks about child universes being created by very advanced intelligent life through the manipulation of the last bits of energy left over from the remaining giants of our universe: black holes. This could mean that our universe was created by intelligent life of another universe that had already decayed completely. Wouldn't that be awesome? Could this also mean that the intelligent life that created our universe still exists and is living here inside our universe with us? Or perhaps they created our universe in hopes to continue on life after they themselves have perished? Honestly, this sounds like lore for a space sim, but science fiction isn't exactly 100% wrong all of the time. This video has given my imagination of a lot of fuel to burn through, so what are your thoughts on the matter?

;) Also consider voting on my L5 app:

Nice rank plug LMAO. I personally have religious beliefs that have developed what I think to be real. I think the video is really interesting. In my biology class we talked about this growth and decay curve. And Earth is overdue for it's decay curve, I mean huge issues show at least, ice shelfs are melting rapidly, ocean life has died especially in the Great Coral Reef and I think if I remember correctly a huge percentage of life uses fisheries for the protein an everyday person needs to thrive and grow. I doubt people will be around in such as a population as we are in 100+ years unless other things are found to sustain us, or we perish due to over exertion of the planets resources.  

Everything eventually crumbles and fades away, and I knew this beforehand, and instead of existential dread I accepted this because it's not going to affect me in my lifetime or the following hundred. I have faith that humanity will become a spacefaring race, but given how we are right now, we won't last much longer. The idea that our universe was created by some precursor civilization sounds cool though.

well, I watched it. it was nice, im having an existential crisis now 

on the real note, that video was very interesting and presented information that some of us probably already knew, but the depiction and presentation is phenomenal

Watched it. I always thought that Black holes would merge into supermassive entities that could not support its own mass and then explode out into a new big bang. But to think that they too can decay into radiation means that the universe will just end up being litteraly nothing? or dark matter? 

It is just guessing what we humans do as our life from lives in a "fast as fuck" state compared to the universe and I honestly dont think we will excist for more than a couple thousand years to find out or even figure out what will or might really happen. 

Sad, Kinda wish I could live forever.

I don't believe in the galaxy reincarnating itself with a meta-matter. The forces of entropy cannot be stopped, or reversed. The concept of dying energy and matter colliding to create more energy is illogical. You don't add two decreasing numbers to get a larger number than when you started. Eventually, everything will stop. Seems like a fatalistic attitude but if you've ever heard the teachings of Alan Watts, you'll ask yourself this question:

How else can you start if you haven't been stopped first?

I watched this and it was actually very well made the graphics and visuals they had were really fucking nice ( probably be even better high as fuck ) but just the fact that its possible that some other life forms created us is kinda freaky but cool at the same time but im pretty damn sure that Humans wont have the resources / technology we would need in order to escape this universe and make it to another.

IF we did manage to escape the universe beyond all odds then wtf would happen as soon as we escaped the universe how would we go from one universe to another

anyways was a really great vid to watch really liked it tyvm for sharing it