Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carl Sagan

Swatting claims first victim over Call of Duty

https://charlieintel.com/2017/12/29/dispute-call-duty-wager-leads-death-28-year-old-man-kansas/

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article192111974.html

“It was a shooting call involving hostages,” Police Chief Troy Livingston said. “The original call, we were told someone had an argument with their mother and dad was accidentally shot. And now that person was holding mother, brother and sister hostage. We learned through that call that a father was deceased, and had been shot in the head. That was the information we were working off of.”

hieXt4l.jpg

police briefing with the call https://www.pscp.tv/LJSNicholeManna/1lPKqponlzQxb?t=9m10s

so id wager 95% fault on the cops and 5% on the guy who posted his address on the internet

So did the cops just go in blindly shooting? The people they responded to weren't even the people involved with the dispute. How the fuck did somebody die? 

5% on the dude who called the cops!? Bruh they are both equally at fault. Blame on the cops for handling the situation like shit and blame on the caller who didn't git gud fast enough and swatted the wrong address. 

1 hour ago, Beerman said:

So did the cops just go in blindly shooting? The people they responded to weren't even the people involved with the dispute. How the fuck did somebody die? 

5% on the dude who called the cops!? Bruh they are both equally at fault. Blame on the cops for handling the situation like shit and blame on the caller who didn't git gud fast enough and swatted the wrong address. 

I read that the victim was confused and officers thought he reached for his waistband, to draw a weapon. I think people forget that there are other people on the other side of these screens and usernames and forget that their actions, while not directly in front of them, do have an impact. Shameful, pointless death. The caller should be charged with 2nd degree murder

5 minutes ago, Dr. NarwhalsNumbNuts IV said:

I read that the victim was confused and officers thought he reached for his waistband, to draw a weapon. I think people forget that there are other people on the other side of these screens and usernames and forget that their actions, while not directly in front of them, do have an impact. Shameful, pointless death. The caller should be charged with 2nd degree murder

Nah the kid that swatted is a legit fuck

https://imgur.com/a/kYAi1

but so far we have a picture of what he looks like and a full legal name. I just feel horrible for those kids and wife.

Just by looking at the kids Twitter makes it clear that he’s a complete degenerate 

7 hours ago, Dr. NarwhalsNumbNuts IV said:

If the kid gets charged with 2nd degree murder, a decent lawyer and sympathetic jury panel could get him off no problem. A manslaughter charge would have a better chance at success IMO. 

1 hour ago, fatb0y said:

If the kid gets charged with 2nd degree murder, a decent lawyer and sympathetic jury panel could get him off no problem. A manslaughter charge would have a better chance at success IMO. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depraved-heart_murder

I'm actually pretty dubious he gets off no problem in this case. His experience as a gamer as well as his previous experience with swatting as well as the pre-meditation on twitter, and the recent public debate about police being trigger happy could lead a jury to believe he knew the exact possibilities of outcome when he decided to make the call to 911.

I hope this kid gets murder 2. 

5 hours ago, Swed said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depraved-heart_murder

I'm actually pretty dubious he gets off no problem in this case. His experience as a gamer as well as his previous experience with swatting as well as the pre-meditation on twitter, and the recent public debate about police being trigger happy could lead a jury to believe he knew the exact possibilities of outcome when he decided to make the call to 911.

I hope this kid gets murder 2. 

Trigger happy cops aren't a point of evidence, or even a good point to argue IMO. Especially for a prosecutor who has to work with these same cops. 

He pre-meditated a prank, he had no way to tell that the swat team, a professionally trained force, would react the way that they did. He committed a crime in filing a false report. Everyone would reasonably expect the police to properly assess if a situation warrants lethal force when responding to a police report. 

More importantly, this case fits perfectly for a manslaughter charge. Where "the intent to do harm" doesn't need to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

3 hours ago, fatb0y said:

Trigger happy cops aren't a point of evidence, or even a good point to argue IMO. Especially for a prosecutor who has to work with these same cops. 

He pre-meditated a prank, he had no way to tell that the swat team, a professionally trained force, would react the way that they did. He committed a crime in filing a false report. Everyone would reasonably expect the police to properly assess if a situation warrants lethal force when responding to a police report. 

More importantly, this case fits perfectly for a manslaughter charge. Where "the intent to do harm" doesn't need to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

On paper, one would expect law enforcement to consistently act by the book and be totally shocked when they don't.

In practice, come on. Anyone that's not living under a rock knows full well that too much of the U.S. police force have this inexplicable urge to shoot to kill at the slightest bit of movement.

what the fuck guys im hijacking my own thread

Dont get me wrong the kid deserves 25 years in jail like other known swatters but the main issue here is the fact that the cop who shot him, actually fucking sucked at his job and should be rightfully charged with murder for pulling the trigger no exceptions

idk if the time will link but 43:10 is basically the go-to training video for why cops act the way they do and somehow this has been distorted into having like 20 armed officers armed with m4's trained on some guys front door and the second he "APPARENTLY" reaches for his waistband they get a flashback to this video and take the shot

having the cops called on you should not be a death sentence

The cops are at fault for fucking shooting an unarmed man at the wrong house.

The dude is at fault for taking it way too far and getting an innocent man domed. 

This happened in my old hometown or now, the next city over. Shit's fucked on both sides, cop shouldn't have been so trigger happy and the call shouldn't have been made by the little faggot in the first place, childish and annoying when nerds get a taste of "power" like swatting but all this info and opinion is already known and shared by most of the people near me and a lot just in general. I feel bad for his kids having to grow up without a father because of a false call that had nothing to do with him in the first place, they're gonna grow up and know that shit and it's going to fuck with them for a long time

See, now this is what pisses me off. How low fucking life could you be to get the fucking inspiration and dedication to do this. Who the fuck even thinks this is funny?

23 minutes ago, Hentai said:

See, now this is what pisses me off. How low fucking life could you be to get the fucking inspiration and dedication to do this. Who the fuck even thinks this is funny?

^ Ban for necro!

Since this has been necro'd i'll add to it.

The cop that killed the bro was trigger happy indeed. Maybe it was an impulse. Now he has to live with the image of the face of the guy he killed in his head for the rest of his life. Fuck