Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

krony the brony

Warcraft 3 Christmas Event

wow01.jpg

Merry Christmas from Warcraft 3!

30% Bonus Experience

December 22 to 31!

Winners of Prizes and Raffles please Contact @ATG_AGENT ASAP

(Winners on Page 4)

Contests

Collect presents from all over the map or pick them up after a player dies.
Turn presents into tickets to have a chance to win prizes in a raffle. The first two tickets for a prize will cost 100 Presents. Each ticket for that prize afterwords will double in cost each time.

There will also be some quests for you to complete during this event to win more prizes.

Quests

In order to claim a quest prize, you must post here while it is still open. Providing screenshots as proof. In order to complete Quests, there must be 10 active people on the server.

• Surprise Gift! - Get a kill with a normal Flash Bang. Will win a Steam Gift Card worth $25.00. A completely unmodified Flash with no bonus effects or damage. Must see Flash Bang Symbol in Kill Feed, as well as Myinfo command showing race, and Console showing damage. Won by @epickillerj Congrats!
  • Christmas Bounce - Get a total of 10 Goomba Stomps with Gargoyle in one game will win 20 Level Bank Levels and 2 Tickets. Needs confirmation from a SO or above. Won by @nc Congrats!
  • Christmas will go on! - First person to plant / defuse and win in a 1v5 situation will win a Choice of $20.00 Game. Needs confirmation from a SO or above. Donated by @krony
  • Present Giver - First person to hunt down and knife 6 different sG personal ( SO / RO / ENG / ADV / MGR / JCS ) will win 20 Level Bank Levels and 2 Tickets. Must show the knife symbol on the kill feed. Won by @HelloJoe Congrats!
  • Gifts? I'll make you Gifts! - First to go 24-0 on Devious Flim-Flam will win Warcraft 3 Supporter for 3 Months and 3 Tickets.
  • Christmas? Bah-Humbug! - While having over a 1.0 KDR with 1200+ kills who ever has received the least presents will win Choice of $60 Game and 5 Tickets. Donated by @-Sharp-.If its tied, who ever has the better KDR will win. If tied, less deaths will win. You must post your gameme, add up your total kills, deaths from December 22 - December 31 and calculate your KDR. Then post your in-game screenshot of total presents using command Gold. Won by @Serif The Sheriff Congrats!

Raffles

To participate in the raffles please post a screenshot showing your total presents using the gold command. You will then say how many tickets you want, and for what raffle (Prize) you wish to put them into.

You will have until January 5th to submit your raffle tickets.

Open Raffle

50 Level Bank Levels

Warcraft 3 Supporter for 6 Months

Steam Gift Card worth $25.00

sG Members only Raffle

Work with an engineer to pick an Expertise. ENG has final word.

Choice of $60 Game Donated by @-Sharp-

Rules

You may only win one prize per section. Please be patient while we hand the prizes out.
The sG global guidelines must be followed at all times

Staff and SO are eligible to win prizes unless stated otherwise

You must have a forum account at www.joinsg.net and not be banned from the servers or the forums at the time of the event in order to be eligible for prizes.

Do not attempt to loophole these rules, in any way shape or form. If you are caught doing so, you will be disqualified and other punishments may happen.

Do not attempt to cheat or glitch the event, you will be disqualified and other punishments may happen.

Any issues or questions can be sent to @ATG_AGENT or @krony

On 12/13/2017 at 10:00 PM, krony said:
  • Gifts? I'll make you Gifts! - First to go 24-0 on Devious Flim-Flam will win Warcraft 3 Supporter for 3 Months and 3 Tickets.

That is legit going to be hard to get. This event is going to be quite fun to be honest.

On 12/13/2017 at 10:00 PM, krony said:

Present Giver - First person to hunt down and knife 10 different sG personal ( SO / RO / ENG / ADV / MGR / JCS ) will win 20 Level Bank Levels and 2 Tickets. Must show the knife symbol on the kill feed.

Am i allowed to use my op lawnmower to do this? cause i could prob get this in like 1-2 maps if we have enough ppl

7 hours ago, Mr.Thaco-Olmon said:

Are you able to be a recruit and still join this raffle? 

Or must you be a full member?

member, recruits don't get any member benefits until they are in. 

Ok, firstly, having an SG only raffle is kind of dumb when it has the best prize and the majority of people that play here are not SG. Second, the knifing 10 DIFFERENT SG people is going to be aids because we don't really have 10 different SG members that are on on a consistent basis

I don't agree it is the best reward. There are 2 60$ gift cards also from the same person and the five tickets can be debated as better. Having something nice for members only is a good way to get members who do not normally play on the server be on the server so it is kinda a lure. I do not see that as a bad thing. I don't think needing to bait other sG members to play on the server is a bad thing either because  war3 and CSGO is not for everyone. You gotta look at the bigger picture more or less 

I think most of the people who play on the server (non SG) or at least the people who always make sure to partake in these events do so because they want to make a race or an exp, and that is now the one thing we can't get. I personally have never cared for the game prizes or extra level bank levels because those are kind of useless for me. 

Most people play for the top prize which is usually the race or an exp, not having that as a prize for the community anymore is going to ruin some peoples want to even attempt winning a raffle. Almost everyone on the server right now is upset that they won't be able to win the exp raffle because that is what they want the most.

Also, one of the $60 games is only available to SG members. Most people on the server won't have a chance to get the other one because it has very specific requirements to get that one

11 minutes ago, turbulance said:

You keep saying most people your speaking for others who have not voiced it themselves so I feel your sharing an opinion that's not really based on anything. 

We are on the server talking about it right now and everyone here is upset over it. 

On top of that why do you think the race make or exp has been top prize in the past? Because that's what a lot of people want and if you don't know that then you don't pay attention during events

Why not have an exp for the SG members and the community members?

I go by people voicing their opinions where and how it matters. This is not the first event were creation of a race was not involved and why should they all have that in the reward? why is that fair to the devs? why is that expected? it's an event you should be thankful it is even happening and it has rewards. I'm sorry but this to me just looks like an ungrateful community. Whine about it all you want on the server please get everyone that is upset about their not being a race creation on the line to come here and make their statements. Either way it should not be expected

You misunderstand, I am not saying we need to have that as a prize at all, if they removed it altogether I would be fine with that. I am not saying we should force the ENG or anyone to give the community these kind of prizes for stuff, but IF they are going to have that prize in there, why keep that from the largest group of people who play on the server? And not everyone who plays on the server has a forum account and is able to voice their opinion here and I agree that is kind of their own fault, but they still play the server and this still affects them.

its one expertise vs extra tickets and rewards. People know where to go to put in ideas for expertises and face listens a lot more then people realize because again expertises are not suppose to be shared and given out to the masses to know who, what, where, when and why. Again I think this is an entitlement issue. 

7 minutes ago, turbulance said:

Again I think this is an entitlement issue. 

I think you are way off base with that. How many people go post exp ideas that never happen? Or play races to level 100-200+ just to not have one on their favorite race? That's what this is about for those people, it's the chance to get an exp on a favorite race that they otherwise might not have the chance to get.

None of that is or should be relevant when coming up with and designing a community event. Just because you have a whore race doesn't mean the ENG needs to go out of their way to appease you. More often then not they have. This IS an entitlement issue instead of being happy that your even getting an event with really good prizes your nit picking at it because it is not giving you the rewards YOU want and  what YOU feel it should be. Just to be clear when I say YOU I mean people that are complaining about the rewards. SO's are usually exempt from events in one form or the other let's spoil them for once? again sorry we don't agree but I think your way off on what events are about and why they exist. I am going to make this my last reply because the event thread is now drowned in us arguing.  Sorry Krony

11 hours ago, Mr.Thaco-Olmon said:

Are you able to be a recruit and still join this raffle? 

Or must you be a full member?

I'd say member, although it's not my event so krony/atg can give the final decision. Although you still wont be able to apply in time to make it matter for this event.

12 hours ago, Imperium said:

Why is there an sG member only raffle

Why not?

2 hours ago, Serif The Sheriff said:

Ok, firstly, having an SG only raffle is kind of dumb when it has the best prize and the majority of people that play here are not SG. 

I really don't understand why people think that it's dumb to have prizes for only sG members. It's an sG event on sG servers... For a long time I've said all prizes (or at least any decent ones) should be members only. It's not like it's hard to join, but it's rewarding people for wanting to a part of the community, and providing an incentive for people like you who have been around a long time but see no reason to join. You're the only reason you're not getting a chance at those gifts.

16 minutes ago, Moose said:

Although you still wont be able to apply in time to make it matter for this event.

They said you have until Jan 5 to turn in your raffles, so you would have time as SG recruitment is open for the first 7 days of the month. Imo it would be a opportunity wasted if you didn't let recruits raffle in the SG side. You would by far get more people who are regulars to War3 to join SG, and if they're regulars to War3 they wouldn't really have a reason to leave the community after the raffle.

I also think that having a SG on raffle is an odd choice, the only actual reasoning I see is for knifing 10 unique SG staff members which in itself is a really stupid Quest.

and I'm with Serif on making something like a expt be a member only thing, the majority of the regular population on War3 aren't in SG, to me it just seems like a weird way to try to get people to join SG but no one will care to do that because of the earlier statement saying that Recruits can't join that raffle

2 minutes ago, Mr.Thaco-Olmon said:

They said you have until Jan 5 to turn in your raffles, so you would have time as SG recruitment is open for the first 7 days of the month. Imo it would be a opportunity wasted if you didn't let recruits raffle in the SG side. You would by far get more people who are regulars to War3 to join SG, and if they're regulars to War3 they wouldn't really have a reason to leave the community after the raffle.

I also think that having a SG on raffle is an odd choice, the only actual reasoning I see is for knifing 10 unique SG staff members which in itself is a really stupid Quest.

and I'm with Serif on making something like a expt be a member only thing, the majority of the regular population on War3 aren't in SG, to me it just seems like a weird way to try to get people to join SG but no one will care to do that because of the earlier statement saying that Recruits can't join that raffle

Your first point is very fair. I'll talk to ATG and we'll let you guys know the decision. Then you guys wouldn't have to miss out on this events' potential prizes at all.

Second, I do think unique is tough. Maybe we'll revise it to 10 kills on staff, regardless of duplicates. Again, we'll let you know a decision.

Finally, again the only thing keeping you guys from being eligible is yourselves. It has been your guys' choices in the months/years to not join sG. IMO it's perfectly fair to give sG members a higher chance at winning (some)prizes, similar (but not exact) to streamer giveaways and subs getting a higher chance.

6 minutes ago, Moose said:

Finally, again the only thing keeping you guys from being eligible is yourselves. It has been your guys' choices in the months/years to not join sG. IMO it's perfectly fair to give sG members a higher chance at winning (some)prizes, similar (but not exact) to streamer giveaways and subs getting a higher chance.

It's not even chance, there is straight up one Raffle that ONLY SG members can do, giving them 2 separate raffles they can choose to participate in while non SG members only have the one.

and the Raffle includes something that anyone who is a regular on War3 would want.

2 minutes ago, Mr.Thaco-Olmon said:

It's not even chance, there is straight up one Raffle that ONLY SG members can do, giving them 2 separate raffles they can choose to participate in while non SG members only have the one.

and the Raffle includes something that anyone who is a regular on War3 would want.

Right, I said it wasn't exactly the same, but the idea is...Rewarding members of your community(subs for streamers).

1 hour ago, turbulance said:

None of that is or should be relevant when coming up with and designing a community event. Just because you have a whore race doesn't mean the ENG needs to go out of their way to appease you. SO's are usually exempt from events in one form or the other let's spoil them for once? again sorry we don't agree but I think your way off on what events are about and why they exist.

AGAIN, I never once said that any ENG needs to go out of their way to do anything for the server, not once did I ever say that. But if they are going to have a prize like a race or an EXP (THAT THE EVENT CREATORS CHOSE TO PUT IN WITHOUT THE COMMUNITY ASKING FOR IT), I think it is kind of dumb to keep that from 90% of the players that play on the server.

Also, I never said that SG members or SO's don't deserve to be rewarded, I have said multiple times in the past that it's dumb that they don't get to participate in events (part of why I haven't joined up with SG) and I am always down for showing appreciation and doing stuff for them because without them we wouldn't have the server. I don't think you are understanding AT ALL any of what I am trying to say because you keep accusing me of things that I have never said or done.

11 minutes ago, Moose said:

I actually tried to join SG once, but at the time me and one of the higher up members of SG had some major issues going on so my application had all sorts of drama and bullshit surrounding it and I wasn't going to get accepted. I was even a supporter donating money to the server for a long time because I enjoy this server and it's community. And if I have to join SG in order to be eligible for the better prizes in events then that is enough reason for me to try and join again, but I still think it's a bad idea when the unique prize is something I think a majority of the community would want but they can no longer have. 

For years people have said, "why should I join sG?"

Well now you guys finally have a reason to. You're going to see more of this in the future.

I think it would've been cool if this was announced at the start of December so people knew that was going to be an sG member only raffle

Cool event, I hope this will bring back a stable population to the server

Updated

Present Giver - First person to hunt down and knife 10 6 different sG personal ( SO / RO / ENG / ADV / MGR / JCS ) will win 20 Level Bank Levels and 2 Tickets. Must show the knife symbol on the kill feed.

The member only raffle is staying as is. For a long time people have wanted / said for a reason to be a member. This is just an added benefit for joining the community. Maybe think about joining the community of server you love to spend so much of your time on?

Merry Christmas all, and hope you enjoy the event!