Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fugner

sG Vanilla Minecraft Server! 7PM CST Monday!

cMYaR3w.jpg

After hearing about some demand, I decided to set up a new sG Vanilla Minecraft server! With both PVP and PVE areas!

ETA:

• Monday September, 10th, 2017 @ 7PM CST.

Server Information:

• Server IP: 167.114.208.122:25580
  • Minecraft Version: 1.12.1
  • Whitelisted
  • 16000 x 16000 size world.

Click here to Apply for the whitelist. 

Commands:

Spoiler

• /help: Lists available commands
  • /list: Shows online players
  • /motd: Shows the message of the day
  • /msg: Sends a private message
  • /msg.color: Sends a colored private message
  • /ping: Pings the server
  • /r: Replies to last message received
  • /rules: Displays the server rules
  • /seen: Shows when a player was last online
  • /suicide: Commits Sudoku
  • /time: Shows the current server time
  • /rock: Allows you to edit Lockette signs
  • /sethome: Sets your home
  • /home: Teleports you to your home
  • /balance: Shows your current balance
  • /pay: Sends money to a player
  • /balancetop: Shows the players with the highest balance

Different Zones:

• Spawn Zone: No Build and No PVP- 200 x 200 area around 0,0.
  • PVP zone: PVP On- Anything East of (100,0)
  • Build Zone: PVP off - Anything West of (100,0) excluding Spawn
  • Nether/End: PVP off

6fA17KR.png

Rules:

Server Rules:

1. sG Global Guidelines apply at all times
  2. No Hacks/X-Ray/Flight, etc. 
  3. No inappropriate player skins.

4. Do not make any attempt to crash or slow down the server.

5. Report all bugs or glitches immediately to an admin, not reporting it could get you banned.

PVP Zone Rules:

1. All Server rules apply
  2. Spawn killing and spawn trapping is not allowed

3. No excessive griefing

4. No teleporting away (/home, /spawn, etc) while in combat. 

Build Zone Rules: 

1. All Server rules apply
  2. No stealing
  3. No Griefing
  4. No trespassing
  5. Don’t create 1x1 towers or pits.
  6. Please! If you are cutting down a tree, cut down the whole tree not just parts of it!

7. Do not build too close to the spawn area. If spawn expands, your build will be moved if it is too close.

Nether/End Rules:

1. sG Global Guidelines
  2. All Build Zone rules. 

Lockette:

In order to minimize stealing and griefing in the build zone, I have added a plugin called Lockette. This plugin allows you to lock doors, furnaces, chests, and a few other things. This means only you and other's you specify can use/open them. To keep PVP interesting, people can break into your locked chests in the PVP side of the world. But you build zone chests are still safe!. 

How to use Lockette:

Spoiler

For players, just hold a sign in your hand, then right click a chest or any lockable block. If you want to lock a door, you may put a sign on the block above or below the door too. You may also SHIFT+RIGHT CLICK the block to prevent it get automatically locked, or you can write [Private] text manually on signs as well.

zfGn67x.png

Advanced Usage:

Spoiler

Share the chest with another user:
After claiming the chest, you can add another user on the sign. First, right click the sign, then enter /lock 3 <user name>
poX5NDK.png

Share the chest with everyone:
Same as above, you just use [Everyone] (with brackets) in the username.

pCZTX97.png

Add another sign:
If one sign is not enough, you may hold a sign and right click on another surface. It will snap on the surface and become a [More User] sign automatically. Placing the sign while holding SHIFT will bypass the sign creation.

4qfm3IG.png

Timer with doors:
I have no idea why Lockette is doing this, but I am adding this feature anyways. If you add a line [timer:X] (with brackets, and X means an integer) to a door lock, the door will automatically close after X seconds.

ai4JKfD.png

Even more information, please see https://github.com/connection-lost/LockettePro/wiki Wiki.

Sign Shop:

This allows you to make sign shops. You can use these signs to buy and sell items.

How to use sign shops:

Spoiler

Video

JKlANo4.png

1 hour ago, Swed said:

Wait so we have to lock individual blocks in the build zone? 

No, I've seen this on other servers before, pretty much you can lock all your chests/doors that way no one can steal your stuff and enter your house/buildings. Only you will have access to those things. (If it's like it was on the other server that had this I played on) you can also add other players to the sign and give them access as well. 

2 hours ago, Ironic said:

No, I've seen this on other servers before, pretty much you can lock all your chests/doors that way no one can steal your stuff and enter your house/buildings. Only you will have access to those things. (If it's like it was on the other server that had this I played on) you can also add other players to the sign and give them access as well. 

could someone just bring some tnt and blow your house up though? including your chests/furnaces/doors..? or will tnt not be alloud in the build zome or somethin

edit: Also, do you think you could add some commands like /tpa? And what will /pay be used for? Will there be a shop in spawn? How will you get money?

Just now, TheOrangeGrape said:

could someone just bring some tnt and blow your house up though? including your chests/furnaces/doors..? or will tnt not be alloud in the build zome or somethin

edit: Also, do you think you could add some commands like /tpa? And what will /pay be used for? Will there be a shop in spawn? How will you get money?

Blowing up a house would be griefing, and thats not allowed according to the rules in the build zone. If the command works as intended and you have a lock on your chests/furnaces/doors they wont be destroyed.

Read below for the answer to this question "And what will /pay be used for? Will there be a shop in spawn? How will you get money?".

13 hours ago, Fugner said:

Build Zone Rules: 

1. No Griefing

Sign Shop:

This allows you to make sign shops. You can use these signs to buy and sell items.

How to use sign shops:

Reveal hidden contents

Just now, Hawk said:

Blowing up a house would be griefing, and thats not allowed according to the rules in the build zone. If the command works as intended and you have a lock on your chests/furnaces/doors they wont be destroyed.

Read below for the answer to this question "And what will /pay be used for? Will there be a shop in spawn? How will you get money?".

edit: I know about the sign shop but how would anyone sell anything if no one starts out with money? Will there be a specific area for sign shops or will you have to go to people's houses and hope they have a shop?

I know it's against the rules but is there anything to prevent someone from doing it? If someone did end up griefing would there be a way to find out who it was?

I think there are some plugins where if someone places TnT in the PvE(building) zone, then the TnT will blow up, but won't destroy anything in there. I'm going to try and grief first day tho with lava and water buckets

I know about the sign shop but how would anyone sell anything if no one starts out with money? Will there be a specific area for sign shops or will you have to go to people's houses and hope they have a shop?

There will be a sign in spawn that lets you trade 1 diamond for $100. People can make shop signs wherever they want. I do have some plans for a dedicated trade area with a warp where people can set up little shops and such. 

I know it's against the rules but is there anything to prevent someone from doing it? If someone did end up griefing would there be a way to find out who it was?

TNT explosions are disabled in the build area. Along with that, we have some very good logging and rollback plugins. That means that if someone griefs you are steals from you, we can find out very quickly, roll back your stuff, and ban them. 

How will anyone get any money in the beginning? Will we start with $500 or something? There will be shops but how will anyone be able to buy anything in the beginning? Will we be able to vote or do certain things for money?

How will anyone get any money in the beginning? Will we start with $500 or something? There will be shops but how will anyone be able to buy anything in the beginning? Will we be able to vote or do certain things for money?

Everyone starts with $0. But there will be a sign in spawn that lets you exchange 1 diamond for $100. In the future, I'll probably be implementing more features that you can buy with $. 

Who needs $... it's fucking Minecraft!

Last thing, in the rules you say no 1x1 pillars, but could you build one to make a skybase? Maybe remove the pillar after you get high enough?

Yes

21 minutes ago, TheOrangeGrape said:

Last thing, in the rules you say no 1x1 pillars, but could you build one to make a skybase? Maybe remove the pillar after you get high enough?

Just now, Fugner said:

Yes

Yeah, that rule isn't to disallow 1x1 all together. The rule is there for people like @ThatOllieWhoDies who would litter 100s of 1x1 all over the place to grief and see how much they can get away with before they get banned so that they can learn the fine line and tip toe next to it as close as possible because lolz or something.

Just now, centran said:

Yeah, that rule isn't to disallow 1x1 all together. The rule is there for people like @ThatOllieWhoDies who would litter 100s of 1x1 all over the place to grief and see how much they can get away with before they get banned so that they can learn the fine line and tip toe next to it as close as possible because lolz or something.

It was a meme and I've never built a 1x1 in minecraft or Rust in my entire professional gaming career. My LOL'ING days are over, btw.

Just now, ThatOllieWhoDies said:

It was a meme and I've never built a 1x1 in minecraft or Rust in my entire professional gaming career. My LOL'ING days are over, btw.

As a casual gaming community I feel like we should ban professional gamers. You guys are too scary. Or maybe @Fugner, we can expand the PvE area as no one will venture out to the PvP area in fear of being destroyed by the memelord. :P 

sorry but you cant have both lol, nobody will use half the map in the current setup

vanilla minecraft is pretty safe with a 16000x16000 block world, can we just bite the bullet and go pvp only?

1: its just a videogame

2: its minecraft

3: its 2017 just relax guys

the reason why pubg, rust, and ark are doing so well is because they have fun, dynamic social pvp gameplay and im not going to lie we have ran successful minecraft pvp servers with (little) to no issues for years in the past before and they always lasted longer than our boring pve attempts

vanilla minecraft is so basic jesus just let me run the server (as spiritual leader lol)

i suggested the server because i actually wanted to have fun on one of our servers again, dont fuck this up fugner

Just now, Carl Sagan said:

sorry but you cant have both lol, nobody will use half the map in the current setup

vanilla minecraft is pretty safe with a 16000x16000 block world, can we just bite the bullet and go pvp only?

the reason why pubg, rust, and ark are doing so well is because they have fun, dynamic social pvp gameplay and im not going to lie we have ran successful minecraft pvp servers with (little) to no issues for years in the past before and they always lasted longer than our boring pve attempts

vanilla minecraft is so basic jesus just let me run the server (as spiritual leader lol)

i suggested the server because i actually wanted to have fun on one of our servers again, dont fuck this up fugner

The WoW memes

Remember the time you were given the choice to mine obsidian or get banned haHAA

11 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

everyone cheats though