Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fugner

Minecraft Server?

Minecraft Server  

45 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Would you be interested in an sG Vanilla Minecraft Server?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If we did make a server, which would you prefer?

• PVP
    • PVE
  3. 3. Whitlist?

• Yes
    • Nah

So after hearing some interest, I set up a Vanilla Minecraft server. It's got all of the standard server plugins, permissions. and such. However, i'm not entirely sure which direction to take the server. So I thought I would ask you guys. 

Option 1: A Vanilla server with PVP on. There would be spawn protection and such. But people would be able to kill you and take your shit.

Option 2: A Vanilla server, but with PVP off. In this one, I would add a grief protection plugin and a chest protection plugin. This server would be strictly PVE and more about building nice things. 

Neither of those options is concrete and I'm open to suggestions. What do you guys think? 

Standard sG rules apply right? Hacking=perm because some of these nerds assume hacking on Minecraft won't be a severe ban.

Minecraft server would be fun but what is Whitlist on the poll?

If a server with pvp on as player can kill and steal your stuffs. Do they also able to destroy stuffs like your house and other stuffs? If so then player have to make a well hidden base huh that would be interesting.

2 hours ago, krony said:

Minecraft server would be fun but what is Whitlist on the poll?

If a server with pvp on as player can kill and steal your stuffs. Do they also able to destroy stuffs like your house and other stuffs? If so then player have to make a well hidden base huh that would be interesting.

I think he means whitelist to remove griefers and only allow people who register on joinsg.net.

I think this is a wonderful idea (oh boy 1400 fps with insane coil whine xD).

3 hours ago, vexer said:

Standard sG rules apply right? Hacking=perm because some of these nerds assume hacking on Minecraft won't be a severe ban.

Yup. sG global guidelines would apply. 

Just now, Terumi said:

can we have both? have a specific area for PVP and another for PVE?

I actually like this idea. People seem to be split on what kind of server they want. I'm thinking that half of the map could be PVP and the other could be PVE. 

Just now, Rayne said:

Is this server open already on any level?

It's open right now. I just haven't given out the IP. It's pretty much ready to go. I just need to do some final setup and test a few things. 

51 minutes ago, Fugner said:

I actually like this idea. People seem to be split on what kind of server they want. I'm thinking that half of the map could be PVP and the other could be PVE. 

It's open right now. I just haven't given out the IP. It's pretty much ready to go. I just need to do some final setup and test a few things. 

Having both and a slightly protected base / place to build cool shit would be a good idea. 

When are are you planning on making it public? 

We could make awesome events events for this, like the achievement hunter let's plays! 

@Swedremember my connect 4 on Pixelmon ;) 

1 hour ago, Fugner said:

Yup. sG global guidelines would apply. 

Are you going to do a split where spawn has signs you can click on to tp to either PVP or PVE, or a command to transport between?

15 minutes ago, Rayne said:

Having both and a slightly protected base / place to build cool shit would be a good idea. 

When are are you planning on making it public? 

We could make awesome events events for this, like the achievement hunter let's plays! 

@Swedremember my connect 4 on Pixelmon ;) 

yeah it was shit m8

PVP would probably get more traffic and be more cancer (see: Rust, @Karma (lol))

PVE would probably have a healthier player base (almost typed more mature, then I realized it's minecraft so the avg age is like -4)