Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Destin

This is awkward (Step Down)

Ayy lmao didn’t even make it a week.

Seriously though I wasn’t ready for this. Even with the help of Kid Fearless, Jeff, Moose, and Mimic I still feel completely overwhelmed, strained, and have no clue what I'm doing. Past week all I’ve done is work and skill surf with 4-6 hours of sleep in between and the burn out is already setting in. Hopefully this doesn’t mean the end of skill surf, I’m 99% sure I’m not required for this server to thrive. Jeff actually has more play time on the server than me atm and I know he wanted this server just as much, if not more, than I did.

Stepping down after only a week makes me feel like I wasted the time of the people helping me on staff. Mainly the people I listed above for different reasons. There’s IRL reasons for this also, Back to School is coming up (I work retail) which means even less free time (got 45 hours scheduled next week and that’s only the pre-BTS stuff,) and I’ll be starting back to school myself in August. When I accepted the position for ADV I hadn’t planned on going back to college but my parents have pushing me to go back really hard recently, if I had known this was going to happen I wouldn’t have accepted the position.

I’m still gunna be here, I’m not going anywhere. I just wanna play our server(s) instead of running them, when I come home I don’t want it to feel like a second job, and that’s kinda what’s starting to happen. Honestly stepdown threads have always felt dumb to me, I don’t think I ever made step down threads the 4 times I quit being SO (I made one but I didn’t actually step down it was a bamboozle thread.) 

With all this being said I actually wouldn’t mind going back to being an RO, even with the increased workload IRL I’d still have time to play and do events and not feel like banging my head against the wall, but that’s not up to me. I’d probably have a better chance of going back to RO instead of L4 if I didn’t make this thread, but I didn’t feel like waiting for a staff meeting. I wanted this off my chest.

Fuck I’m gunna get memed on for only lasting 5 days aren’t I? I can already feel the aids.

TL;DR was a good RO, got promoted, none of my RO skills applied to advising a server so I am suck.

Totally unrelated note, I’m going to start streaming more often over at http://twitch.tv/destlnl  so make sure to drop a follow :D (thats 2 L’s before and after the n.)

All good dude. I'm sure everyone totally understands. We all still appreciate the effort you put in. It's duly noted. Thank you and everyone else you listed for ensuring this servers smooth launch. There were very few hiccups (map timer), which were solved hastily.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Things like this happen, no worries. At least yo tried and also you realised that you couldn't make it so you made the right decision and stepped down, instead of getting demoted.

Imma get mad if ponyboy doesn't get RO again FeelsBadMan

Good call to step down my dude, being overwhelmed in a position isn't good for anyone. Hope ya get your RO back and schedule a brofest. Sad to see your dark purple go FeelsBadMan

Thanks for all the work you did put into the server and adding that map for me my dude (^:p 

P.S. You look better in blue ;) 

You just needed to learn how to ADV :D If you need help most were/are willing to help/teach you destin! Anyways, thanks for your hard work as RO/ADV and best of luck in college!  RL comes first.

Just now, fps_trucka said:

You just needed to learn how to ADV :D If you need help most were/are willing to help/teach you destin! Anyways, thanks for your hard work as RO/ADV and best of luck in college!  RL comes first.

Yo fam I still want RO back, I'm pulling a crobat stepping down from ADV applying to RO

At least you tried your best, looking forward to the streams

You guys aren't realizing how serious this is. That's one less person that can use the grab command for general shenanigans! This is bad, I might have to step up to the plate.

Great server @Destin!  Wish you had stuck with it, after it got setup and the bugs worked out, it would have been WAY less work.

That being said, I'm sure any ENG knows what you just went through with that server, esp one where any config issues cause maps and timers to completely break requiring even more work to fix.

Hopefully you can stay on as RO and run some awesome events for the server!

Something...Something... Kordless....

But thank you, even though it was 5 days you still put a shit ton of work into the server even to just get it up and running. I for sure appreciate the work you've done bud