Sign in to follow this  
turbulance

Abusing AFKS

So I joined war3 today just now actually and there were 2 afks T's and 3 active CT's and the CT's were farming the afks and it was like round 10. I came in killed them a few times and one complained I was fucking up their free afk farming and I called them out on their BS and left. 21g and pancakes were the two names I knew on CT. This is not in the complaint compartment because I am not filing a complaint per say but calling out people for their bs and how badly the afk kicker needs to be put back in place to stop the very thing it was made for. 

yeah idk what happened to the afk manager, but it needs to be fixed. iv had problems of people afk farming me, but i really don't care tbh with you. just them bragging about it when i come back is a little annoying. 

i mean it does need to be fixed xD but if you care that much you can move yourself to spectate or just leave? Don't get me wrong it does need to be fixed just not a big issue and if they are farming then what are they getting 50 xp when they kill one person? its not a big deal when there are bigger problems on the server like broken races and bugs with maps etc. 

If I see it, I'll slay, kick, ban for trying to abuse the system just like in the case of betting abuses.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Dakka said:

If I see it, I'll slay, kick, ban for trying to abuse the system just like in the case of betting abuses.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

wouldn't it be better to move the afk to spec instead of punishing those who are playing the game?

57 minutes ago, -Sharp- said:

i mean it does need to be fixed xD but if you care that much you can move yourself to spectate or just leave? Don't get me wrong it does need to be fixed just not a big issue and if they are farming then what are they getting 50 xp when they kill one person? its not a big deal when there are bigger problems on the server like broken races and bugs with maps etc. 

why would you go into spectate if your just gonna be put on a team again the next map..

If the people that were farming the AFKs were regulars, they know that's against the rules as it's exploiting something for extra xp.  Hell, they could potentially be getting upwards of 200 xp a round due to this.  That's excluding tomes.  Even for 200+ level races (like my Thor), that's a good dent after 5-10 rounds.  If I knew that this was happening, I would have jumped on and done something.

Add me and if it happens again when I'm online, I'll take care of it.  I don't have a problem stopping what I'm doing (even if it's pooping) to deal with it.  If I'm not available, I can just let someone else know and pass it off to them.

Don't be afraid to utilize the SO/Staff members, you guys.  We're here for a reason.  There's not much we do on war3 besides give out cash and yell "OBJ", but this could become a problem with the AFK Checker being down.  Again, add me or other SOs and we'll take care of it.

YA STOP FARMING MY POINTS YOU BOTS.

But for real, you can't join spec because you will get forced to a team anyways. I know the afk checker was breaking the server, but there has gotta be a way to fix it. i hope...

Oh, and listen to Man Bear :>

Edited by TotesMagoats

24 minutes ago, trigger.exe said:

why would you go into spectate if your just gonna be put on a team again the next map..

if you are gonna be gone for a long period of time you could jsut leave... i know it needs to be fixed and regulars should know not to farm XP i didnt know everyone hates a way to solve a problem while the problem can not be fixed properly. sorry 

Just now, Swed said:

Can you fucks not go 3 months without trying to cheat on war3? Holy fuck you guys should be penetration testers with all the bullshit things you do to circumvent actually playing the game.

when was the last time you have been on to help with the problem? @Swed lol2.png :thinking: 

27 minutes ago, Nav said:

I mean if only we had 1 of our SO's  to play regularly  to deal with these problems

Look, we all have our own lives.  If I didn't already have a full time job (40 hours a week), an on-call part time job over the weekends (usually working), and potentially another part-time weekend job, I would be on the server for much more.  Hell, potentially 8 hours a day.  With one war3 SO being on a LoA and another hardly playing, it is really hard for two SO's to play and monitor the server constantly.  Especially with a potentially exploitative problem like we just learned we had.

As far as I know, no-one tried to contact any SO/Staff to try to help resolve this problem.  Sure, we could have been on the server for it (especially since it was a Sunday).  But it's Sunday, we have our own lives too.  However, that does not mean that you guys can't help too; either record someone breaking the rules and post it on forums, or contact an SO/Staff.  We are in our positions because we care enough to respond to your requests or take action when we're there.  

1 hour ago, Bear-Man-Thing said:

Don't be afraid to utilize the SO/Staff members, you guys.  We're here for a reason.

Edit: This does not mean that I don't have time to be on the server.  This just means I only have time at night.  Just thought I'd make that clear real quick.

Edited by Bear-Man-Thing

59 minutes ago, -Sharp- said:

when was the last time you have been on to help with the problem? @Swed lol2.png :thinking: 

26 minutes ago, trigger.exe said:

goddamn sharp dicked you there

I'll let you kids in on a little secret. There's these things called leaves of absence. I've been on one for two months while I handle real life shit like school and my internship. It's funny because 3 of the people who gave you rep have access to LOAs and thought your uninformed comment was rep-worthy anyways. @TotesMagoats @Iherdcows @MistaChang

Just now, Swed said:

I'll let you kids in on a little secret. There's these things called leaves of absence. I've been on one for two months while I handle real life shit like school and my internship. It's funny because 3 of the people who gave you rep have access to LOAs and thought your uninformed comment was rep-worthy anyways. @TotesMagoats @Iherdcows @MistaChang

Why are you getting butt hurt over people giving someone rep?

:thinking:

Edited by MistaChang

Just now, Swed said:

Why are you getting butthurt over people calling you a child predator? :thinking: 

I don't really care.

LUL

On top of your comment, I don't pay attention to an LOA after a week or two. You being away from a video game is none of my concern.

Edited by MistaChang