Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mimic

Community Digest - 7/1/2017

UFVHYyl.png

Hey guys,

As promised, we are delivering another quarterly community digest providing updates on the community, servers, and staff. In this digest we will be discussing the status of our current servers, the addition of new servers, Staff and Server Officer changes, upcoming events and previous event winners and prizes, rank updates, and donations since the last digest. A lot of focus and work has been put toward the addition of a few new servers such as 1v1 and skill surf. In addition, a few staff changes have been made to help with the development and progression of a few of our servers that are falling off (Jailbreak, Rust).

Enjoy the Digest, and for you Americans, enjoy the fourth of July!

News

• Staff Changes
  • Server Officers
  • Server Updates
  • Events
  • Ranks and Recruitment
  • Donations

Staff Changes

Hey everyone,

Now that Summer has started we have decided to put some major efforts into expanding the community into more competitive and relaxing servers including Skill Surf (Easy and Hard Servers), 1v1, Retake, and Dust 2 Warm Up/Deathmatch. Hopefully, with these servers, we can increase the visibility of our community on CSGO and leverage that to populate other existing servers. To accomplish this, we will be re-purposing some of our permanent development servers as well as our CSGO tournament servers, and will purchase servers where necessary to host events and/or develop servers. If these servers are successful we will consider further expanding into more competitive servers.

In order to help with the development of our existing servers, we have decided to welcome the following members back on to Staff:

• fps_trucka - Jailbreak Engineer
  • Karma - Rust Engineer

Note that Karma will be returning to Staff after a ton of discussions regarding her prior dismissal which ultimately led to both parties agreeing for her return to her previous position.

In addition, to help out with the community expansion into these new servers I am pleased to announce that Destin will be looking over the new Skill Surf servers in an Advisor role. He will be working with the community to determine the best configuration for the server as well as with the engineers to implement more technical changes where necessary.

Next, Iherdcows will be stepping away from his role as the lead of Jailbreak giving the reigns to Pike. Pike will be working with both Moose and fps_trucka on the development and upkeep of the Jailbreak server and community going forward. We hope to see great results out of this trio!

Lastly, I am sad to announce the departure of both Will.Alaska and Paul_Waffle from Staff, and I wish them the best of luck in the future.

- Mimic, Chairman of the JCS

Server Officers

Thank you for all of our server Officers, the community would not be the same without any of you. You guys are the backbone of our servers. Thank you for all of your hard work and continue representing our community in the best way possible.

Server Officer Roster:

Jailbreak

Don Juan Dracula - Grayson Levi - Groot - Papyrus - Scrub - Sponsored

Trouble Terrorist Town

DannyShr - DMODW - Husky - Krony - Lotmoshr - October - Sith

Zombie Escape

Chet - Dashe - MistaChang - Terumi - Zerosz 

Surf

HELP WANTED, PLEASE APPLY HERE

Mini Games

BabyNicol3 - Dash - Dr.Pepper - Tyrone

Warcraft 3:GO

Bear-Man-Thing - DarkFalcon - Swed - Wall

KZ/Climb

AjSimeon

TTTGO

Lindsay - Rose

Server Updates

New Servers:

Skill Surf

We are pleased to announce that your dreams are no longer memes, and we will be introducing two skill surf servers (one for easier tier maps, and one for harder ones). We hope that all of you enjoy it, and it is able to draw in a population that we have yet to reach out to. Stay tuned for updates as these roll out to the public. As of today, there is one server up and running here. After the other server is completed, this maps will be reorganized, and this server will only have easy tier maps, while the second will have the harder tier maps. The server is mostly complete, but there are some things that are still being worked out. The biggest thing that is to be noted, map start and end zones for the timer have to be manually added. As we add new maps if you see any that do not have zones, please contact an SO or Staff and they can set it up. On that note, if you are interested please send in your SO applications for these new servers.

Multi 1 vs 1

For those of you who haven't played in a 1v1 server before, this is quite a simple game mode. It rotates through different aim maps, and each round you are matched up against another opponent in the server. If you win, you advance, if you lose you drop. The goal is to try and be in arena #1 being the best of the best, proving you can win any 1v1 duel. Try it out here: 216.105.171.123:27015

Retakes

Look for an announcement in the coming weeks as this server gets setup. This is another simple gamemode to practice your competitive strategies. Two or three terrorists will spawn in a bombsite, plant the bomb, and hold it from the soon coming CT's (typically 2x more than the number of T's). 

24/7 Dust2 Deathmatch

We will also be introducing a standard 24/7 dust2 deathmatch server that will be up shortly as well. Look for an announcement soon.

Existing Servers: 

Jailbreak

JB has had its ups and downs throughout the last year. Through continuous effort, it has continued to get a decent population pretty consistently. Many issues have been fixed, a couple of rules have been changed (mainly no detours and delays being implied) making it easier for new players to follow and give orders more quickly, and a few new plugins have been added over the past few months making things generally more simple (ie last CT plugin to notify users when it's last CT). A special shout out to Trucka for his work and dedication in learning to help improve the server.

Zombie Escape

Zombie Escape has been struggling to gain/keep population in June due to final exams and the Hydra update breaking most of our plugins. Due to this, we removed the Crobot plugin along with Text-To-Speech. If you have purchased Text-To-Speech, please contact @Lv. 100 Crobat to have your credits refunded. Since the server is in constant development, you can check the server changelogs here. As we continue to work on fixing and improving the server if you have any feedback, suggestions, or find any bugs, please post in the Zombie Escape forum or bug section.

RPG Surf

Surf has had a long history with sG, and we're excited to announce that we'll still be keeping RPG Surf for the moment. The server has recently had some resurgence thanks to MistaChang and a few others. We hope to see this server revitalized and running along side our Skill Surf! 

Minigames

Minigames has been focused on adding better Quality of Life improvements to it's server. Through some trial and error we've been able to solve the issues with elevators on maps like br_flood and mg_jacs_multigames. Grenades Also properly collide with players on dodge ball game modes. Vehicle physics have been tweaked so that players are not likely to fall through them. We've added some admin tools to better help our SO's and players catch hackers on the server. Course maps now have more styles for players to mess around with such as: Autostrafe, lowgrav, and slowmotion. Thanks to everyone that played during the minigame event.

Warcraft 3

War3 has undergone some pretty major changes in the past couple of months. We experienced some downtime after the last major CSGO update, which pushed us to make some very exciting changes. Moving War3 off of sharing a box with other major servers such as ZE allowed us to increase it to a 128 tick server. Since then we've seen better stability and an overall healthier server. Additionally many long standing bugs have been fixed, and War3 supporter has been updated (to no longer permit the same map being played over and over again). If you haven't been around the server in a while, hop in and check it out!

Trouble in Terrorist Town: Global Offensive

TTTGO is still steadily being worked on by @bulletford almost daily. The server has been improving tremendously thanks to his efforts as well. We have dealt with many bugs and the server crashing due to recent updates from Valve. These have mostly been fixed and we're looking to add new features onto the server this summer. I won't reveal these new features, but when they happen you can view them at our change log topic for TTTGO here: http://www.joinsg.net/forums/topic/66498-tttgo-change-log-3202017/?page=3#comment-1027694). We also have an upcoming event planned for this summer so I hope to see you all there then. Stay frosty traitors.

Trouble in Terrorist Town (GMOD)

GMOD TTT's population has been booming since the addition of Vanilla Central.  We have been getting requests from players to add more maps to our otherwise small map rotation.  We are open to suggestions, which can be made here.  We've had issues in the past with getting a reliable reading of your total time spent on the servers, usually requiring players to get a vouch for rank apps, so @ZachPL is currently working on a new player time tracker.

Events

Heroes Never Die!

Congratulations to Team#69 for winning the first Overwatch event. Thank you for all participants, I personally had a blast, and being my first event, I learned quite a bit, and have plans to revisit an Overwatch event in a later date, and taking in a lot more of the community input. 

Spring Poker Tournament

It ended up coming down to a battle of attrition between ZachPL and Elmo, but ZachPL came out on top this time around in the Poker Tournament. Had a lot of fun playing in this event and thanks to @Reaper0470 for organizing it!

TTTGO Spring Event

This event was a huge success in revitalizing the TTTGO server. Thanks to donations we had a huge prize pool to reward as many people as we could who participated! Big shoutouts to @bulletford, @Ruffles, and @Jeff The Flying Shark for organizing/running this event and for the work they do on the server. Hope we continue to see you all on the server!

ZE Challenge Event Vol. 2

During this period, ZE had a great playerbase and frequent players trying to get the daily achievements, congratulations to @_Ice_ @MidKnight and @Jake From State Farm❤™ for getting the highest points during the event. Also thanks to everyone who participated during the event. Next event will have a follow up team competiotion like in 2016, dont miss it!

Jailbreak Event

Grats to Leeroy, Sponsored, lvl4rock, Booch, Noah, Wolfshade, and TheOrangeGrape for winning prizes this time around and thanks to everyone who participated. We had a great turnout for a majority of this event, and jb has since seen a steady growth in population! Hope to see you all again for the next event.

Summertime Vanilla Madness

The SUMMERTIME VANILLA MADNESS Event was a blast! I'd like to thank everyone who participated. It was a fun event and we haven't had a GMOD event in the last two years. So we'd like to give a big shout out to the players, members, SO's, and staff who helped participate and play in the event. This being my second event running, it was cool to have a more challenging event planned and having so much help to create it. A big shout goes out to @Avenger for taking his time to play and donate to the event. As well as being there when I had to go LOA. Another shout out to @ZachPL for creating a plugin for the event. Even though there were some mishaps with it, it was awesome having his support and contribution throughout the event. Also to the SO's who monitored the server and enforcing the rules during this time. Without you guys the server would be a hellhole. To those who donated and for sG donating, I'd like to say thank you! I cannot wait to run another event like this in the future. Now to the winners! Congratulations to October, ADA, Asarolol, Taz, and Sith! 

School's out Summer CSGO Tournament

CSGO Tournaments the name, attendance issues is the meme. All memes aside I personally still had fun running this event, I think some people might've taken it a bit too seriously, but hopefully everyone had atleast some fun. Grats to Alcyone for taking 1st place.

Minigames Summer

Congrats to Imperium, Mr.Kon, TheOrangeGrape, Tyrone, tazmanianxdude and FreeLancer! Seems like people enjoyed the event. Would like to see some more players next time though, I hope to see you all in the next event!

Ranks and Recruitment

New members:

Spoiler

Husky 

Branden

DannyShr

TheOrangeGrape

trigger.exe

FreeLancer

Level 2:

Spoiler

Apache

spiderpigrider

Grayson Levi

October

Smash

Papyrus

Level 3:

Spoiler

Chowder

MistaChang

Yunki

The Doctor Zed

Jodas

Tyrone

zip

Bite

Eeiu

Cman

Shiro

Ironic

Chowder

Dakka

nothing_but_fail

Travesty

Lindsay

Leeroy

AntiTeal

Jiffy

spiderpigrider

tazmanianxdude

Chilly

Level 4:

Spoiler

Hawk

Face

Timeassassin103

Dr. NarwhalsNumbNuts IV

KiLLeR

Bluestreakid15

Ordinarygamer96

Avenger

iafunky

Poseidon

Noah

TrinityCrush

Level 5:

Spoiler

Waffles

Sean

TurtleFrenzy

water.exe

Lv. 100 Garchomp

sweetrock

Swed

Shikaku

Demon

DogsGoMeow

Rune

Driz

B-cock #2

Lv. 100 Crobat

Veteran:

Spoiler

Donations

October - $100.70

Mimic - $55.00

chaos4499 - $45.00

Destin - $30.00

IPlaySparks - $30.00

Krony - $30.00

darfrywarrior - $20.00

fps_trucka - $15.00

JWB10 - $10.00

Dakka - $5.00

iafunky - $5.00

Dawn - $3.00

Just now, Lindsay said:

Second. Grats to Trucka and Karma!

Just now, Mimic said:

In addition, to help out with the community expansion into these new servers I am pleased to announce that Destin will be looking over the new Skill Surf servers in an Advisor role. He will be working with the community to determine the best configuration for the server as well as with the engineers to implement more technical changes where necessary.

Wow. :<

Looking forward to working alongside @Moose & @Pike! Let's make jailbreak the best it can become! If anyone ever has a suggestion for a plugin please feel free to ask either on the forums / TS / Discord / or even steam and I'll try my best to make it happen.  I am also pretty excited to see more servers for csgo ( and see rpg surf still alive). Lastly, congratulations to @Karma and @Destin for the promotions as well!  See you all on the servers!

Mentioned twice in a community digest, it's true that dreams are no longer memes. Also, glad to see some new servers, hopefully it does help us grow!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk