Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pike

Jailbreak Mapping Contest (June 20th-Sept 1st)

sdRNamx.png

INTRODUCTION

JAILBREAK is quite an old mod. Its gameplay never stopped evolving thanks, especially, to its maps, battlefield of thousands of players all around the world. However, they took a bad way of life. Playing the same maps over and over became boring and stale. Relying on their achievements of predecessors, without any innovation of their own.

This is why today, the biggest JAILBREAK servers decided to create an alliance. Various jailbreak servers are coming together to create this alliance. An alliance that will allow anybody to improve the situation, by creating a new map and bringing fun to thousands of players around the globe.

JUDGEMENT

Ratings will work in the following way : Each community will put a grade to each map. The average value will be their final mark, and the highest scores will win the competition. Communities won’t be able to judge maps made by players of their server (to be sure that they don’t give better mark to their friends).

Criteria to be met are:

Design / looks of the map

Originality (custom textures / props, no copy/pasterino etc…)

Games (Quantity, Splitting, originality etc…)

Interest in each team (Map has to be balanced, but Ts are supposed to be able to escape, and CTs to survive if they are good and if areas are not too small)

Enough spawns / cells (42T and 22CT spawns)

On Sunday, October 1st we will be playing the maps to try them out. A post will be made, in the members section, and you can post your rating for each map and we will average it out to get our community rating for each map.

PRIZES

Let’s speak now about, the most important part, what do the winners get! Cash prizes are split like this:

1st place:  400$ + A 6 GB server for six months valued at $270 thanks to www.pulseservers.com

2nd place:  100$

3rd place:  50$

***For sG members only*** If any member places in first, second, or third place, they will receive an additional $50 - Donated by Don Juan

PARTICIPATION

To participate to this contest, you will have to finish and publish your map before October, 1st.If you think you are going to participate, we are asking you to go on the following website. You will be able to register with your steam account, and see other participants.

http://mappingcontest.rebels-corp.net/index.php

To be valid, you have to publish your map on the workshop or on gamebanana indicating that the map is made for the Jailbreak Mapping Contest and then share it on the website in the “Map” section.

You will also have to put the following banner in the map:

yLgziop.png

Good luck, everybody!

Considering it's a contest between 9 clans I would shy away from your gay weaboo palace gimmicks

ur just mad no one ever made a beerman palace

If only I was good at making games :(

Best of luck to everyone participating! Make some good maps and make sG proud! ;D 

Just now, Raphi said:

This rookie has no chance

Yeah only cause you can't rush brilliance ;)

good time frame, I might have to put off jb_airforce for a bit then to work on my other side map project.

11 hours ago, Beerman said:

Considering it's a contest between 9 clans I would shy away from your gay weaboo palace gimmicks

Dude the weeaboo palaces are frighteningly popular on some servers.

But you'll probably lose more points than you'd gain. LUL

Huh, I guess it could be interesting to try and come up with something good. No guarantees.

It would definitely be more compact than Dojo though.

Just now, thorgot said:

Dude the weeaboo palaces are frighteningly popular on some servers.

But you'll probably lose more points than you'd gain. LUL

Yeah, I'll just say I think we're about done with those things now. Ifeelbadyou'refacetoseeithalfthetimeyougothroughvents

Since @Pike posted, can we get more details on how we got into this contest and the results that would stem from a victory?

Were we approached by the sponsor or another community in order to join in? Is the top-prize server given to the map creator or the clan? If given to the clan will it be used to support already existing servers or will we get another 6-month dark RP? Etc and shit ya know?

Just now, Beerman said:

Since @Pike posted, can we get more details on how we got into this contest and the results that would stem from a victory?

Were we approached by the sponsor or another community in order to join in? Is the top-prize server given to the map creator or the clan? If given to the clan will it be used to support already existing servers or will we get another 6-month dark RP? Etc and shit ya know?

@Raphi  Approached the mapping group and staff of sG months back to join in on this mapping contest that he was orchestrating.  The prizes I believe are for the map creator not the community.  Each community is going to have 1 vote for each of the maps entered (None towards their own community map creators) and the best map wins.

Just now, Beerman said:

I organized this contest, I contacted every communities I knew to make something big.

The point of this contest is not to be a war between communities, just a contest FOR mappers. Even mappers not from one of the 9 servers organizing can participate.

Prize will be for the winner, the mapper :) 

I hope who ever is judging doesn't just look at aesthetics of the map. ie: clouds etc. 

Thanks for putting this together @Raphi. Really great idea and I hope we get a lot more JB maps out of it. 

Just now, Revöker said:

@Raphi  Approached the mapping group and staff of sG months back to join in on this mapping contest that he was orchestrating.  The prizes I believe are for the map creator not the community.  Each community is going to have 1 vote for each of the maps entered (None towards their own community map creators) and the best map wins.

Who from our community will be the judge? Or will we be doing a vote as a community on the best map? 

can we make sure the Dj on this map doesnt have any N*words in it.

Looking forward to what everybody sends in <3 good luck on everyones maps

@thorgotwhat you got comjing in this time?

Thanks for organizing this @Raphi!

I'm really looking forward to seeing all the cool maps that come from this, and hopefully spark the love for JB that a lot of us have felt into the next generation of gamers.

Also @fontaine, make a map, pay for your med school bills!

1 hour ago, Travesty said:

I hope who ever is judging doesn't just look at aesthetics of the map. ie: clouds etc. 

I think the mechanics of the judging will help. Since there are 4 categories (Design/Looks, Originality, Games, Balance) communities will probably vote on each category for each map.

Criteria to be met are:

Design / looks of the map

Originality (custom textures / props, no copy/pasterino etc…)

Games (Quantity, Splitting, originality etc…)

Interest in each team (Map has to be balanced, but Ts are supposed to be able to escape, and CTs to survive if they are good and if areas are not too small)

Enough spawns / cells (42T and 22CT spawns)