Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SmileyCat

Transgender Community

Just now, Fugner said:

What an unbiased article lol. The first example is BS because there wasn't any sexual harassment. Examples 3-5 have nothing to do with being transgender. 

I still don't understand what your birth sex has to do with what bathroom you use. You never really explained why it matters so much. 

What I see in the birth sex restroom thing is a man who no identifies himself as woman walking into the women restroom and using it. It is still technically a man in a womans restroom.

Just now, TheAAAngel said:

What I see in the birth sex restroom thing is a man who no identifies himself as woman walking into the women restroom and using it. It is still technically a man in a womans restroom.

But why does it matter? You just keep dodging the question. IMO there's nothing wrong with gender neutral bathrooms. We all shit and piss, no need to segregate ourselves. I just want to understand why you think sex matters so much. 

If you want to get into technicalities, what if someone was originally born male, but has gone though full Sex reassignment surgery (many states don't even require this) and is legally female. What bathroom should they use?

Again... I don't think any of us are going to change any other persons mind so there's not really any reason for us to keep going back and forth arguing about the same thing.. I personally don't agree with the transgender or LGBTQ+  community, but that doesn't mean that I don't like the person. It just means that I don't agree with them. It doesn't mean that I'm intolerant or hating towards someone who does  believe it or who is transgender. I don't care what bathroom they go to as long as everyone else around them is fine with it, as long as it isn't hurting anyone else.

Thank you Fugner for saying it before I did lmfao

Angel, I'm not trying to convince you to do a total 180 on your thinking here. It's not uncommon, nor is it surprising. All I'm saying is look past what you were brought up to believe. You don't have to accept it. You don't even have to be slightly okay with it. You, as a functional person in society, will meet people from vastly different backgrounds than you. Keep an open mind. At the very least, learn to respect other people's choices and don't bother yourself with hypotheticals. 

I, for one, think hill billy rednecks are the scrouge of society. Unyielding and close minded opinions, along with a recorded rate of lower IQ's and social standings? Yeah fuck those guys. I won't be swayed to think otherwise

Just now, Dr. NarwhalsNumbNuts IV said:

Thank you Fugner for saying it before I did lmfao

Angel, I'm not trying to convince you to do a total 180 on your thinking here. It's not uncommon, nor is it surprising. All I'm saying is look past what you were brought up to believe. You don't have to accept it. You don't even have to be slightly okay with it. You, as a functional person in society, will meet people from vastly different backgrounds than you. Keep an open mind. At the very least, learn to respect other people's choices and don't bother yourself with hypotheticals. 

Just now, TheOrangeGrape said:

Again... I don't think any of us are going to change any other persons mind so there's not really any reason for us to keep going back and forth arguing about the same thing.. I personally don't agree with the transgender or LGBTQ+  community, but that doesn't mean that I don't like the person. It just means that I don't agree with them. It doesn't mean that I'm intolerant or hating towards someone who does  believe it or who is transgender. I don't care what bathroom they go to as long as everyone else around them is fine with it, as long as it isn't hurting anyone else.

Just now, Fugner said:

But why does it matter? You just keep dodging the question. IMO gender there'es nothing wrong with gender neutral bathrooms. We all shit and piss, no need to segregate ourselves. I just want to understand why you think sex matters so much. 

If you want to get into technicalities, what if someone was originally born male, but has gone though full Sex reassignment surgery (many states don't even require this) and is legally female. What bathroom should they use. 

I completely agree and will not deal with hypothetical and like how Orange said arguing will not change anyone's mind. I do respect trans people and respect everyone, (except some type of people, will not get into that).

I completely agree and will not deal with hypothetical and like how Orange said arguing will not change anyone's mind. I do respect trans people and respect everyone, (except some type of people, will not get into that).

I don't  like to argue hypotheticals either. But I was bringing them up to show you it's not as black and white as you might think. 

Just now, Fugner said:

I don't  like to argue hypotheticals either. But I was bringing them up to show you it's not as black and white as you might think. 

I know there are many hypothetical situations, endless ones and I can not give you an answer for every single one.

I do respect trans people and respect everyone, (except some type of people, will not get into that).

O tis gunna b gud

Just now, Dr. NarwhalsNumbNuts IV said:

I also don't like Dexter Laboratory cosplayers.

Fucking Deedee, get out of my laboratory!!!!

Omelet du fromage

2 hours ago, TheAAAngel said:

I do respect trans people and respect everyone, (except some type of people, will not get into that).

I really only needed to read this to understand the one track mind your argumentative skills employ throughout the last few pages.

As an FYI, the websites you use are a load of trash too. Your phone probably has a crop tool too if you're scribbling over it with a paint tool. Don't be an idiot.

http://legalbeagle.com/6809407-female-restroom-laws.html

I'd think the name itself should allude to some interesting implications to not trust anything it publishes, but our audience here might need more persuasion. Not only does the author, according to google, adhere to fiction; the only reference he gives on this page is a Washington Post article from 2005. To my immense displeasure, I decided to scour said article to see if it was worth reading at all. Surprise surprise, it wasn't. Just skimming through the news piece, it becomes clearly apparent it has next to nothing to do with female restroom laws. Interesting.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/05/26/AR2005052601470.html

What does that tell me? Well, clearly I'm required to do your homework for you, and that's exactly what I did.

http://www.ncsl.org/research/education/-bathroom-bill-legislative-tracking635951130.aspx

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_Facilities_Privacy_%26_Security_Act

Thus far, North Carolina is the only state to pass such a law. According to the source I cited, it's currently in the process of being repealed as well. Strange isn't it? It's almost as if the author of legalbullshit doesn't have a clue what he was talking about, and was simply hoping for a click for money. Almost like clickbait. Hmmn.

But there's good news! My source ALSO shifts in your favor if you consider that quite a few states on that line up currently have bills PENDING in that list.

Albeit.. There's on oddity as well. What city would bother using their precious time and money to go out of their way to catch this evil trans-gendered menace invading bathrooms? Next to none. There's already a few sources I've looked through that suggest cities in North Carolina pretty much ignore the bill's existence because this is essentially a non issue.

It becomes an issue when people like you or I decide to argue stupid, metaphorical situations that you forget entirely about when you're actually using the restroom. When overpaid morons sitting in government have nothing better to do but ignore glaring issues in their states, and instead waste time on "pressing issues." If for some reason you've opted to try to look at someone else's genitalia while relieving yourself, it's likely you'll be the one penalized in the first place.

All in all, this "issue" is fucking stupid. I'm rather ashamed in myself for even bothering taking the time to even look through any of this.

13 hours ago, Fugner said:

You aren't born with a gender. Gender is more cultural and societal than it is biological. 

I still don't know why that has anything to do with which bathroom you use. 

What?

Of course you're born with a gender you absolute sprout... Since when has gender been cultural and not biological? I hope this is the depression from the constant roasting talking, and not your actual mindset. What a stupid thing to say.

52 minutes ago, Rayne said:

Of course you're born with a gender you absolute sprout

Yes you are typically assigned a gender at birth. But that gender isn't entirely biological. Society is deciding your gender based on what biological sex you are.

52 minutes ago, Rayne said:

. Since when has gender been cultural and not biological? I hope this is the depression from the constant roasting talking, and not your actual mindset. What a stupid thing to say.

There are certainly biological factors when it comes to gender, but a lot of it is societal/cultural.

EtKAJns.png

ntB3slJ.png

WZEklsP.png

wHRCqZw.png

VwRcnwa.png

3dGw4g2.png

World Health Organisation

Oxford Dictionary

Merriam-Webster

Dictionary.com

United Nations

Just now, Fugner said:

Yes you are typically assigned a gender at birth. But that gender isn't entirely biological. Society is deciding your gender based on what biological sex you are.

There are certainly biological factors when it comes to gender, but a lot of it is societal/cultural.

EtKAJns.png

ntB3slJ.png

WZEklsP.png

wHRCqZw.png

VwRcnwa.png

World Health Organisation

Oxford Dictionary

Merriam-Webster

Dictionary.com

I can't see the pictures you posted, so I'll reply the only way I know how.

If you're born with a penis, you're male.

If you're born with a vagina, you're female.

Anything else is what ever it is.

There's nothing social or cultural about that, it's been the way since humans have been on the planet.

In a fashion you're correct, but that's down to modern society, social media and the fact a lot of people now feel free to express them selves a lot more openly then ever before.

The world went and got itself all sensitive and weird since social media came about.

Just now, Rayne said:

If you're born with a penis, you're male.

If you're born with a vagina, you're female.

Anything else is what ever it is.

This is closer to the definition of sex, which is determined based on a few physiological factors (reproductive organs, chromosomes, and stuff) and behavioral factors. Gender takes into account both biological and societal/cultural elements. 

Just now, Fugner said:

This is closer to the definition of sex, which is determined based on a few physiological factors (reproductive organs, chromosomes, and stuff). Gender takes into account both biological and societal/cultural elements. 

Please refer to the last portion of my response, the only reason Gender is now considered societal/cultural is because of social media.

Just now, Rayne said:

Please refer to the last portion of my response, the only reason Gender is now considered societal/cultural is because of social media.

I don't think that's accurate. The UN established it's definition back in 2001. That predates most social media platforms used today. Aside from that social media usage and overall adoption at the time was minuscule. 

Outside of that, I believe there is evidence of gender being used in that manner as far back as the 14th century. 

Just now, Fugner said:

I don't think that's accurate. The UN established it's definition back in 2001. That predates most social media platforms used today. Aside from that social media usage and overall adoption at the time was minuscule. 

Outside of that, I believe there is evidence of gender being used in that manner as far back as the 14th century. 

I'm back tracking now purely because I missed the entire point here... grammatically speaking you're correct.

I was arguing my point based on sexual orientation, reproductive organs meaning you fit one sex or the other... apologies for missing the ball and arguing about the word 'gender'.

1 hour ago, Rayne said:

Late to the party and fugner already mentioned it but many human cultures have already had a history of believing in multiple genders. I believe Hawaiian culture used to have a third gender. Sex is biological. The simplest way i can describe gender is it denotes if you're assumed to be feminine or masculine in personality although thats tremendously over simplifying it. 

Regardless of any laws, I'm going to pee in the men's bathroom. I look like a man, and I'd probably scare a lot of people going into the women's.

IMO, being transgender is a medical condition that can be treated with hormones and surgery to alleviate dysphoria.  There really isn't a way to accept what you were born as and ignore it if you're trans. 

My last Drill I had, when I was up at the Fire Station, we were pretty much forced to go through a PowerPoint about how the Air Force is dealing with transgenders now, and what's all up with that. Of course, being apart of the military and such, a good amount of us are more conservatives, and were shaking heads and such. Anyway, opinions out the window, one of the serious questions to the Major who was giving us the PowerPoint presentation was "So, since I technically don't have to go through surgery to identify as a female, could I get my gender changed here on base, tell them I identify as a female, and then get to take the easier PT test that's for females?"

Long story short, the Major actually didn't have an answer. He said that most likely, people could actually do that if they wanted to.

I post this to say no, I don't have a problem with transgenders. Your business is your business. However, I feel that it's getting to the point that people could (like a PT test) try to "identify" as the other gender, just to get by with certain things. Do I believe transgenders should also have the same rights non transgenders do? Absolutely! Do I think they should have special rights? No.

That's my opinion on that whole shabam.

5 hours ago, SmileyCat said:

being transgender is a medical condition

I normally dont get involved in these threads but how is being transgender a medical condition? Personally Ive got no idea wether it is or is not but I'd like to know why you say it is.

On 6/8/2017 at 9:11 PM, Cman said:

I normally dont get involved in these threads but how is being transgender a medical condition? Personally Ive got no idea wether it is or is not but I'd like to know why you say it is.

Causes severe dysphoria. Treated with hormones and surgery.