Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Booch

Maybe Idea to Help Killwhoring

So this is a big issue to me and it could solve the people just disconnecting due to it.

1. Change the amount of points for MVP on CT you get 25 maybe lower it to discourage killwhoring

2. Maybe a discussion through everyone and decide what rules should govern killwhoring

3. Feel free to add any other ideas

killwhoring is usually situational so IMO it is usually best to leave it to whatever admin is online.

on a side note alot of you young bloods still dont know the difference between killwhore and playing the game effectively. the whole point of JB is to trick the t's into messing up so you can kill them, so that the last t can get lr.

now if you see a t move 1 step when they should be frozen it was probably just an accidental WASD key press, and so i would let that slide. just dont be afraid to kill them if they are jumping around when they should be frozen or if they mess up, that is their own fault for not listening/rebeling.

I mean yeah i agree with you that killwhoring is really bad and it does sometimes kill server pop, but its part of JB its always been there and will always be.

Sure we could do some things to restrict it down but then it would make things get out of place and unbalanced, i remember back when i first started playing and Monkeh was wardening if the T's had a round where there was a mass rebel he would punish them by giving them killwhore commands and always having his finger on the trigger.

I feel like we should maybe add a balance where if you are constantly killwhoring every round over certain small things like a T takes an extra step or they move after 6 seconds instead of 5 its the small things like that, that get people pissed off thats when i dont like it, i admit I used to be a super big killwhore and got cted for it before, so I feel that if you spot someone killwhoring at an extremity past what is big things like Ts are rebelling constanty or they are attemping to rebel is fine to me. Its when a T messes up at the slightest and they instantly want to end their life or when they are purposefully trying to trick the T's into killing every single one of them and make it so no-one will get Lr with their commands, doing things like that is something that I would warrant a 5 round ct to let the person cool down and let them know they are going to far.

Who fucking cares about points?  I don't get it, I only thought it was just a joke when people say "I did it for the points."  And besides that people were killwhoring in JB long before they cared for points.

IMO Killwhoring is a balance Like Pepper said though it shouldn't be extreme, but sometimes you have to punish T's that keep rebelling by giving them orders that are slightly confusing if they didn't listen and were too busy trying to figure out ways to rebel.  I really miss the days when MONKEH could take warden and no one would killwhore and no one would rebel and the game was just fun.

I think there are more withstanding issues with the server that are more important to having a populated server than killwhoring:

- amount of rounds on each map

- diversity of maps being played

- detours/delays after every order

- warden queue

- having all players unmuted if below 10 people

Killwhoring is managed very easily if a good admin is on. We need more ways to keep the server diverse and fun rather than doing the same thing time and time again. 

Just now, Travesty said:

I think there are more withstanding issues with the server than are more important to having a populated server than killwhoring:

- amount of rounds on each map

- diversity of maps being played

- detours/delays after every order

- warden queue

- having all players unmuted if below 10 people

Killwhoring is managed very easily if a good admin is on. We need more ways to keep the server diverse and fun rather than doing the same thing time and time again. 

- Wouldn't mind it changed but don't care

- Understandable

- They got rid of it before I think (back when i was scoping out the server).  Lots of people still said it anyways, I know I would still say it

- What do you mean? that you want one? I'd say just have a rule that If someone else wants to take warden after you've had it twice then you must give it to them.  Forcing some people to be warden can be very disastrous

- Yes I want this. 1000x time want unmuted below 10

The Warden queue is simply for people that want to be warden can enter a queue until the map changes or if they change to the Terrorist team. Once they have been warden they are put to the bottom of the CT team queue. It happens on other servers I've played on and works very well. In some servers, the members of the clan are given priority making the server run smooth and diverse. There's also less bitching between people (not that there's a lot right now cause our server isn't anywhere near as populated as it used to be). But when it's a full server, it keeps things diverse to have different warden each round rather than having the usual warden whore making it unpleasant to play T.

Sure a rule could work if you're warden two rounds in a row but an automated queue if written properly can make it all the easier and productive for people playing the server. 

New rule for detours and delays:

"You must say no detours and delays on the first order given as Warden. After that, no detours and delays is implied for the following orders given by the Warden in the round."

Just now, Travesty said:

It happens on other servers I've played on and works very well. In some servers, the members of the clan are given priority making the server run smooth and diverse

Traitor???????

6 hours ago, Revöker said:

- They got rid of it before I think (back when i was scoping out the server).  Lots of people still said it anyways, I know I would still say it

Saying it wont make your orders invalid. Not saying it shouldn't either.

This rules probably makes at least 30% of new players turn their back before they are even on the second round.

- Join first time

- CT spot open

- Join CT cus chill

- Do warden cus regulars dont.

- Didn't know about "No detours No delays" being mandatory on each and every fucking single command

- Get slayed/CT'd

- Leave and never rejoin...........

10/10 rule

I agree with you both makes it hard to get regulars because with the detours delays rule you need to practice with it. @Iherdcows what do you think?