Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ATG_AGENT

DND Group Looking for more - Read more for info.

Hey, as some of you may know we have a DND group that likes to play every week. We recently had two different sessions going, with two different DMs. However, peoples lives have changed and some people that used to play no longer want to - or no longer have the time to play anymore.

We are looking for more people to join us and play some DND. We want people who have a stable scheduled and have the time to commit to play with us.

Experience isn't needed, we will teach you all you need to know so don't worry about being shy. Love for the game is good as it will make you want to play and enjoy the game more.

The most important thing we are looking for is people who will have the time to play, and will show up when we set up the event dates.

EDIT - We do 5e

Just now, Rune said:

Are you running 5e?

Yes 5e.

Just now, Booch said:

What days are they typically on/what times?

Depends on a time sheet we set up ussualy to see when we can all play - but generaly its friday/weekend - and mabye sometimes a day during the week more rarely

Depends on a time sheet we set up ussualy to see when we can all play - but generaly its friday/weekend - and mabye sometimes a day during the week more rarely

Maybe I'll think about it I've never played that game in my life only heard about it

i'd be interested. I usually play a bard and do bard things like sing and sing and sing and sing and sing and dance

18 minutes ago, Rune said:

Who are you current members tho?

Well, the people who seem to be there every game atm are Myself, Pike, Water, Tansen

Others who either never have time to play or play randomly are Trav, don, mark, Fug. Though we cant really count on them showing up reliably, or even at all,  which is why we are looking for more people now.

Just now, Dr. NarwhalsNumbNuts IV said:

If y'all can teach me how to play, I'd like to learn and participate. 

We dont mind teaching, as long as the person has time and wants to play / will show up and continue playing.

Just now, shikaku said:

i'd be interested. I usually play a bard and do bard things like sing and sing and sing and sing and sing and dance

More people who speak and RP the better - as its hard for people to RP off people who dont reciprocate.

Hmmn. Slightly interested. My brother has most of the 5e books since he's a big DnD fan.

Albeit I'm usually working 9am - 6/7 pm Mon. - Friday. Usually not doing anything over the weekends past 3-4 pm though.

Last time was weird, but I'd be willing to try again if people are only rarely shitting themselves/throwing midgets. Also, I love Pike but I'm not sure he's a good DM

Just now, Karma said:

Last time was weird, but I'd be willing to try again if people are only rarely shitting themselves/throwing midgets. Also, I love Pike but I'm not sure he's a good DM

Well if this time this is a serious question - i can say that the last game you played was not representative of what actually goes on in dnd. Besides the fact he through together a simple scenario in 30 mins - and the fact that we had people who basically didn't care/was there for shits and giggles - and the rules weren't followed - the game became a cluster fuck. I can tell you that games where everyone there wants to play, and doesn't purposely make it sound like there 4 year old's the game is quite fun.

I have only heard of the game never seen it or played it but Im down to learn how to play, then immediately get dicked on by everyone like in rust until i kinda know what i am kind of doing so i can get it going for myself. Im down to play on week days up until like 10 cause i like to try to get some sleep ( never works ) but on weekends im down to play whenever

On 5/7/2017 at 1:31 AM, ATG_AGENT said:

Well, the people who seem to be there every game atm are Myself, Pike, Water, Tansen

Others who either never have time to play or play randomly are Trav, don, mark, Fug. Though we cant really count on them showing up reliably, or even at all,  which is why we are looking for more people now.

Yeah, my schedule got all over the place and I kind of just... fucked you guys over.

Once everything slows down for me, I'll be able to play again. i might have also gotten burned out slightly of DnD so the way everytrhing happened is kind of good, since it will allow me to... well.. recompose myself.

And I think im just too behind to hop back on, I'll see at another campaign.

On 5/7/2017 at 0:31 AM, ATG_AGENT said:

Lol damn dawg, just throwin shade at us like that?

Anytime I said I would show up I did. This week, I have been working OT all week and weekend. Is our campaign over now because we missed a week? lol

IMO I think it's best to play like once a month or bi-weekly, and on a weekend night. Start at like 5pm CST and go until our hearts content. We can drink and really get into our characters. I think it's too easy to get burnt out from it if you're playing more than once a week. And I think once a month keeps players more engaged and RPing more.

In my eyes, I want DND to be like this:

I understand they're not really following the rules to a T but I expected something similar. There's a story being told with a beginning and an end and you're on a quest to finish it. Where you talk to people of the town, rather than just a fighting your way through a campaign haha. I don't blame our DM either because it seemed like our group would just seek out fights rather than actually talk to people and RP lol. That's all well and good to get the hang of combat, but it became a bit repetitive. Fights take so god damn long and to me aren't as interesting. For me, it's just not what I was expecting.

Yeah man more than once a week is rough. And it sucks when fights take up a good portion of an entire night, but that's just a hard-to-avoid aspect of DND. I'm in it way more for the RP.

4 hours ago, Travesty said:

Lol damn dawg, just throwin shade at us like that?

Anytime I said I would show up I did. This week, I have been working OT all week and weekend. Is our campaign over now because we missed a week? lol

IMO I think it's best to play like once a month or bi-weekly, and on a weekend night. Start at like 5pm CST and go until our hearts content. We can drink and really get into our characters. I think it's too easy to get burnt out from it if you're playing more than once a week. And I think once a month keeps players more engaged and RPing more.

In my eyes, I want DND to be like this:

I understand they're not really following the rules to a T but I expected something similar. There's a story being told with a beginning and an end and you're on a quest to finish it. Where you talk to people of the town, rather than just a fighting your way through a campaign haha. I don't blame our DM either because it seemed like our group would just seek out fights rather than actually talk to people and RP lol. That's all well and good to get the hang of combat, but it became a bit repetitive. Fights take so god damn long and to me aren't as interesting. For me, it's just not what I was expecting.

We play once a week - mabye twice if its a short session. But on your note about "Is our campaign over now because we missed a week? lol" We didnt play in 3 weeks! lol.

Nothing against you, when you said youd come, you were there - and that story is still going on. Its just we lost people and when we miss what few we have, even if they say "Play without me" we cant because we just dont have the people. Example: Fug/Trav/Don/mark are not there, but say play without them, Bcock quit. That leaves literaly the DM and two players. Cant play with that lol.

And yes i agree we fight abit to often, but alot of that i believe is on the group choosing to go directly into combat instead of talking, exploring, RP'n.

I love to RP, and i know, especialy as a DM that pike must have set up RP stuff too - but then the players will just ignore/cut through all the planned RP and just fight instead throwing away all the backstory and plans the DM had lol.

But anyways to summerize it wasnt trying to throw anyone under the bus - just trying tom refill our roster. Pikes group is still going, we just need to fill the holes up with some new players.

6 hours ago, LVL4ROCK said:

I have only heard of the game never seen it or played it but Im down to learn how to play, then immediately get dicked on by everyone like in rust until i kinda know what i am kind of doing so i can get it going for myself. Im down to play on week days up until like 10 cause i like to try to get some sleep ( never works ) but on weekends im down to play whenever

19 hours ago, ATG_AGENT said:

If you were interested in joining - add me on steam / contact me in TS or send me a PM on the forums/discord.

4 hours ago, Beerman said:

Yeah man more than once a week is rough. And it sucks when fights take up a good portion of an entire night, but that's just a hard-to-avoid aspect of DND. I'm in it way more for the RP.

Yea as i said sometimes fighting does happen - and trumps RP, but sometimes - that happens cause the group rushes into battle instead of RP'n and enjoying themselves. I love the RP nature, and wish i had people around who also wanted to thats what makes DND fun. As a DM i know im guilty of sometimes going fight to fight without much RP, but im a new DM so im still improving and working on stuff. Im trying to get much more RP in my games, but again thats hard to do if you dont have enough members playing to get the flow of the story going off of each other,

On 5/7/2017 at 11:45 AM, Ghoul said:

you know im down,  i am going to rape @B-cock #1 better watch out at camp bro....

On 5/7/2017 at 3:06 PM, ATG_AGENT said:

Bcock doesnt play anymore.

I'm a huge faggot

On 5/7/2017 at 1:27 AM, Dr. NarwhalsNumbNuts IV said:

If y'all can teach me how to play, I'd like to learn and participate. 

Were you still interested? if you were - add me to steam/send me a message on forum/discord.

On 5/7/2017 at 1:13 AM, shikaku said:

Were you still interested? if you were - add me to steam/send me a message on forum/discord.

37 minutes ago, ATG_AGENT said:

Shikaku158 on steam

Couldn't find ya

11 hours ago, shikaku said:

Shikaku158 on steam

Couldn't find ya

I added Shikaku158, shows hasnt logged in in over a year and only has 1.6 hours in source. You sure thats you?