Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Destin

SCHOOL'S OUT SUMMER CSGO TOURNEY June 3rd, 4th & June 10th, 11th

SCHOOLS OUT SUMMER TOURNEY

CS:GO June 3rd & 4th, June 10th & 11th

Before we dive into this, I need to explain why the format is two seperate weekends. There was a vote to determine if the whole thing should be jam packed in to one weekend or spread out into multiple. One Weekend was the majority, but spread out had enough votes that I felt a compromise was in order. Even though this is spread out over 2 weekends, the first weekend is a group stage where one group plays on Saturday then the other group on Sunday. This way it doesn't feel you're dedicating two enitre weekends for this event. The 2nd weekend will be a single elimation bracket stage. With that said here's the rest of the details.

Prerequisites

Be registered on the sG Forums.

Have a minimum of 50 hours on any of our servers from the time of this post.

Not banned during the duration of the event.

Format

There will be 2 groups of 4 (This limits the number of teams to 8, however that's assuming we actually get 48 players who sign up not including people who sign up to be subs. If we manage to get 96 sign ups, I will make it 4 groups of 4 and change how the playoff bracket works.)

Teams will play every other team in their group twice, for each map win your team get's 1 point.

The top 3 teams from both groups will move on to the bracket stage playoffs with the top team from each group getting a bye in the first stage of the bracket. 

After the Group stage you will not be allowed to pull in a dedicated sub.

Teams

We will be using Captain pick again this time around.

Teams of 6, teams will only be allowed to use one sub from the dedicated sub list at a time. With 6 players this gives you one dedicated sub on your team plus 1 sub from the sub list. Essentially meaning you will need at least 4 of your players to show up.

Teams will be picked on Saturday May 21st at 7PM CST, Captains will be notified to join teamspeak for the draft

There will be a dedicated Sub system, players who don’t have open availability but still want to play can sign up to be a sub. If a player from one team cannot make it a sub will be randomly assigned to that team for the duration of that match.

Signup

Go to this thread to sign up for the CS:GO tournament. Include your gameme link, mm rank, community profile link, and whether you are interested in being a captain in your post.

Go to this thread to sign up to be a Sub. Include link to gameme, mm rank, and community profile link.

*Make sure you are available for the dates June 3, 4, 10, 11

***If you no-show without letting your team know ahead of time during the tournament you will be banned from the next CS:GO Tournament***

Rules

sG's Global Server Guidelines apply.

Teams get one tactical timeout per game max of 2 mins.

There will be Technical time outs but only for player D/C or emergency situation (Destin discretion) max of 15 mins (again at Destin discretion more time can be added for something super serious.)

No excessive flaming and trolling. (Keep the shit-talking to a minimum)

No exploiting.

No intentional griefing of teammates and other players.

Sky-walking or wall glitching is forbidden.

Boosting is fine unless it is to places where textures/walls are missing in view.

Planting bombs in places where they cannot be defused by the other team is forbidden.

Boost plants or plants where many players are required to defuse are allowed.

Grenade bugs are not allowed. (ex. Throwing into certain spaces to create infinite sound loop.)

Using any form of hack, cheat, script, or any other 3rd party program to further aid you and your team is STRICTLY forbidden and you will be held to the same punishment as a normal sG Server. (Does not include voice programs such as Teamspeak or Ventrilo)

Remember you are playing on sG servers so all punishments will be global.

Sitting in spectator, regardless of team, is not allowed during a match. (Not including GOTV)

If a team is not ready in within the 10 minutes after their time started they either have to play with what they have or forfeit the match. (If a player is late to the prior match they may join in at anytime of the game)

**Failing to comply may result in disqualification from the tournament and the next tournaments**

Times

To have preset times so everyone knows when you have to be available in the day we have decided to limit the number of teams to 8.

Times are in CST

Saturday 3rd - 4pm to 11pm

Sunday 4th - 3pm to 10pm

Saturday 10th - 6pm to 12am

Sunday 11th 6pm to 11pm

Settings

This will be a traditional 5v5 Counter-strike tournament using the same rules that other leagues do.

1:55 round time

40 second bomb timer

15 second freeze time

128 tick

Knife for sides

Best out of 30 rounds (16 rounds win)

Side change after 15 rounds

Maps will be chosen in an elimination format. The first team to eliminate a map from the pool will be randomly chosen. The last remaining map will be played first, second to last second, and third to last third in a best out of three. In a best out of one the last map remaining will be played.

During a tiebreaker teams stay on their previous ending teams.

Each team is required to screenshot the final scoreboard after the match ends

The winning team will be required to post the final screenshots of all the maps to prove their victory (In the appropriate forum)

Teams are required to be on time to their scheduled match. Teams will be allowed to have 10 minutes from the schedule time before they will be forced to forfeit in case of an absent player/s

It is the team's responsibility to make sure their fellow members show up to the posted times.

Maps

de_dust2

de_nuke

de_train

de_cache

de_mirage

de_cobblestone

de_overpass

Prizes

The first place team will be awarded a $20 amazon card per player including the 6th player. 

The second place team will get $10 per player including the 6th player.

To encourage more people to sign up we will also be raffling off prizes, so if you don't want to sign up because you don't think you're good enough to win then don't be discouraged. In this tournament EVERYONE can win.

If you would like to donate prizes please reach out to me on the forums, steam, or discord.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

First I like it a lot
Sign Me Up
http://sg.gameme.com/m/playerinfo/1066112?uid=e490e3abdaaa419be5c6a62f48fcb1fd
Silver 4 cause I'm on a huge down rank
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/[u:1:159185248]

http://www.joinsg.net/profile/40017-booch/

Wouldn't like to be captain and I'll be a sub

Thanks for showing interest, however there are dedicated threads for signing up, and one thread for subs to sign up. You can only be a dedicated sub or signed up to be on a team you can't be both so if you'd like to be on a team signup here:

If you wanna be a sub sign up here

Just now, Overeem said:

Super PUMPED for this!!!! Here is my info.

http://sg.gameme.com/m/playerinfo/1046676?uid=b5fb94023fa8f7c3208d88f77bfb476f

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198050767193/

Someone pick me up :)

Wrong place

do it here: 

Just now, Ordinarygamer96 said:

tfw this is finals week for me and alot of people:(

legit never heard of finals in June, most places where i live in end school between late april - mid may

Just now, Destin said:

legit never heard of finals in June, most places where i live in end school between late april - mid may

west coast college bro. Although not all the west coast .Its technically the weekend before my finals week.

west coast college bro. Although not all the west coast .Its technically the weekend before my finals week.

FeelsBadMan 

tfw this is finals week for me and alot of people:(

same. school ends june 18th for me

1. Why dust_2 and not inferno? You stated that this will be a traditional tournament using the same rules as other leagues. Currently dust_2 is out of all leagues and has inferno instead.

2. Where will the servers be?

1 hour ago, Jodas said:

1. Why dust_2 and not inferno? You stated that this will be a traditional tournament using the same rules as other leagues. Currently dust_2 is out of all leagues and has inferno instead.

2. Where will the servers be?

sorry map list is literally copy paste from last tourney, maps will be updated when i get home from work. I'm still keeping Dust2 though 

Same as our regular servers, Central US/Chicago

Just now, Destin said:

sorry map list is literally copy paste from last tourney, maps will be updated when i get home from work. I'm still keeping Dust2 though 

Same as our regular servers, Central US/Chicago

You need to remove one map from the pool though. 

Dust_2 is the obvious choice it currently isn´t in active duty pool nor is it in the pool of any professional league.

Putting my money on greasy sax winning it all FeelsGoodMan

Good job RO's on getting all the events going! :D 

23 minutes ago, Jodas said:

You need to remove one map from the pool though. 

Dust_2 is the obvious choice it currently isn´t in active duty pool nor is it in the pool of any professional league.

Why you gotta be like this jodas it's not super cereal 

Just now, Destin said:

I hate dust_2 ;-;

16 minutes ago, Destin said:

He's literally Hitler. Look at his title. Plus he loves to trigger us with the way he spells dust2 with an underscore.

Edit:

@Destin Are subs supposed to be there for when the tourney starts? How are subs going to be contacted? And does the captain get to choose from the sub list or will it be a staff member choosing for the team? Also are there any penalties for not showing up?

Depending on this I might change to be a sub instead.

Just now, LVL4ROCK said:

School dont end for me until June 19th i feel bullied FeelsBadMan

Same goes for all the people in Canada (at least the ones in highschool)

Just now, Travesty said:

Same goes for all the people in Canada (at least the ones in highschool)

Yea its only for highschools, we end 3 days before middle school and middle school is 3 days before elementary.