Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eddy

Ranks and Recruitment changes (3/31/2017)

2 hours ago, Moose said:

Don't forget tomorrow is April first, everybody!

Is this just some sick prank by our JCS Memelord? Or are these actual changes.

Stay tuned.

0hQyd5L.gif

Just now, Bulldog said:

I'd like to go on record as saying the following in regards to the new clan application process: :angry::angry:

NiRJcq7.gif

When you are applying for a rank and have/use staff members for refferals shouldn´t these refs already count into the staff vote?

Instead of making staff members double post.

That would be alot more organized and stop confusion.

This is where my trust issues come in I want to believe it but ummmm 

It's just like prom today for me is it a peak or is it real :thinking:

Sorry  @Junzou  idk why I can't take this @ from my post .

After looking back at all the apps since the recruitment tool was put in place, only one application didn't meet the required 25 votes after being referred: The Ogre Shreklord in December. 

So this mean every app before and after had at least 25 members vote. 

@Moose for curiosity's sake could you release the total number of voters each month since it was implemented in June 2016? And of you're not willing to, I'd be interested in compiling the data if approved. 

Just now, Travesty said:

After looking back at all the apps since the recruitment tool was put in place, only one application didn't meet the required 25 votes after being referred: The Ogre Shreklord in December. 

So this mean every app before and after had at least 25 members vote. 

@Moose for curiosity's sake could you release the total number of voters each month since it was implemented in June 2016? And of you're not willing to, I'd be interested in compiling the data if approved. 

You wouldn't be able to compile it.

I probably won't do it, because, lazy.

But here's the info I did give Eddy when we initially started looking at things.

b6471cfe9d.png

That being said, January and December were very few recruits. I think one of them, there was only 3 recruits. There were a few other problems we were still seeing:

• From quite a few people, remarks similar to "I've never even looked at the recruit app" for various reasons, usually because they "felt it was dumb", didn't feel like they were doing anything, etc. etc. 
  • There were a few members literally voting no on every applicant every month.

There were a few other things that I was going to mention, but I'm blanking. May come back and edit if I think of 'em.

Just now, Moose said:

You wouldn't be able to compile it.

I probably won't do it, because, lazy.

But here's the info I did give Eddy when we initially started looking at things.

b6471cfe9d.png

That being said, January and December were very few recruits. I think one of them, there was only 3 recruits. There were a few other problems we were still seeing:

• From quite a few people, remarks similar to "I've never even looked at the recruit app" for various reasons, usually because they "felt it was dumb", didn't feel like they were doing anything, etc. etc. 
  • There were a few members literally voting no on every applicant every month.

There were a few other things that I was going to mention, but I'm blanking. May come back and edit if I think of 'em.

Does 43 rows in set mean total votes for that month? 

Just now, Moose said:

Yup

There were 5 applications in January all meeting at least 25 votes. 

Which means there must have been at least 100.

Why does it show only 43? 

Did you get any other months or just those three? 

I have a question when it says 100 hours. (I know I already have 100) but it says on a server so does 100 hours have to be on one server or are the hours combined

Just now, Booch said:

I have a question when it says 100 hours. (I know I already have 100) but it says on a server so does 100 hours have to be on one server or are the hours combined

combined 

There were 5 applications in January all meeting at least 25 votes. 

Which means there must have been at least 100.

Why does it show only 43? 

Did you get any other months or just those three? 

uhhh I have no clue don't take my word for it, but I think it's 43 unique voters not the actual total vote count. Again, I'm prob wrong just an assumption 

Just now, Destin said:

uhhh I have no clue don't take my word for it, but I think it's 43 unique voters not the actual total vote count. Again, I'm prob wrong just an assumption 

I thought the same but in November that would mean 483 unique voters voted on applications haha.

Just now, Travesty said:

I thought the same but in November that would mean 483 unique voters voted on applications haha.

jesus, ok yea idk

17 hours ago, Eddy said:

Under these new recruitment changes, all members giving referrals must give a detailed explanation as to why the member deserves entry into the community, failing to do so will result in the referral being removed from the application.

How strictly will this be enforced, and what in general are you looking for when people make these explanations?

So with the recent rank changes then, (in my case) I just recent got L2 and had to wait a whole year to get but now to get L3 it changed. So does that mean now I can apply for L3 now? If that's the case all I need now is to get my gameplay up then.

22 hours ago, Eddy said:

Member Level 5

Requirements:

• 3 years of clan tenure.
  • 2000 post count minimum.
  • 1000-hour minimum requirement on our servers.
  • 10 referrals from Veteran Members and above, 2 have to be Staff.

I apologize for being nit picky but shouldn't L5 members be able to refer people for L5?  That would fit the trend at least.  

Just now, waffles said:

I apologize for being nit picky but shouldn't L5 members be able to refer people for L5?  That would fit the trend at least.  

It's a few more line down under the perks :P