Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shikaku

Logan *spoilers*

Spoiler

The movie was dope. Sad ending. No end credits rip. Funny premovie Deadpool scene though.

with all these movie threads I thought about making one for logan since I just watched it on wednesday

Spoiler

in all seriousness I thought the movie was really cool. Crazy to see the x-24 fighting logan and logan going ham and chopping people limbs off. Maybe they'll make a movie with what happened between the events in logan and the last x-men movie explaining why all the mutants were gone, I was a little confused on that part. It'll be interesting to see if they do more movies and if they pick up where the kids left, a couple years down the road or if there is gunna be anymore x-men movies. Overall I this movie was totally badass.

Tried to keep it vague in case some people click and not realize its spoilers

Spoiler

Fuck dude. I wasn't ready for how heavy this movie was. Charles' seizures killed the x-men at westchester, Charles dying, the black family dying, Logan dying. Just fuck man, kill me pls. Movie was a solid 10/10

Spoiler

I'd argue its one of the best superhero movies ever made and will probably change how future superhero movie's are made. Especially tonally. Excellent action and I love how its vaguely implied all or some of the movies were made up.

Spoiler

I love how meta the movie was with the X-Men comics. I left the movie sad as fuck! I mean, the action was great and the girl was a legit badass, but damn... I left feeling depressed as shit. I'm getting depressed writing this reply...

Also Professor X made me sad as fuck. That once proud distinguish man looked so helpless. He deserved a better death.

Spoiler

Absolutely loved it. I agree that the in-between with the loss of the mutants should be explored more. Blood and gore was amazing. The realism was fantastic. I think that Jackman and Stewart stepping down from their roles is nod to the New X-Men. The girl that played Laura was incredible. She was strong, independent, fierce, and extremely enjoyable to see fight

Spoiler

This movie was fantastic. It's everything I ever wanted from an X-Men movie. Real risks, real gore, and characters you care about. All of the scenes where X-23 goes off were amazingly raw. I'm so glad this wasn't a "we have to save the world" movie again. also rip that black family, even if the metal hand people didn't show up those good ole' boys were about to lynch a family.

On 3/2/2017 at 6:05 PM, shikaku158 said:

Hide contents

in all seriousness I thought the movie was really cool. Crazy to see the x-24 fighting logan and logan going ham and chopping people limbs off. Maybe they'll make a movie with what happened between the events in logan and the last x-men movie explaining why all the mutants were gone, I was a little confused on that part. It'll be interesting to see if they do more movies and if they pick up where the kids left, a couple years down the road or if there is gunna be anymore x-men movies. Overall I this movie was totally badass.

Spoiler

While a movie would be nice to show exactly what happened they did explain what happened to all the mutants. Professor X killed a handful by having a seizure. I'm going to take that as the "X-Men" or most of them died that way and then there was no group like them to fight back from the rest of the mutants being hunted down. 

As for the rest of the mutants getting hunted down for their sweet sweet DNA, they explained how Caliban helped "track" many of them down. 

So basically what I think happened was instead of the insanely over-powered sentinels that can somehow read mutant DNA by looking at them and then re-configuring their... um... robot dna??? Well whatever, instead of that world happening which was erased by Days of Futures Past they still ended up with a world where mutants where hunted down for their DNA. In the new Logan timeline they genetically engineered mutants instead of made robots.

Not sure the movie detailing everything will be made as I believe Jackman and Stewart are out. If it somehow does get made I would love to see the plot involve around Transigen "poisoning" Professor X so his mind eventually goes out and causes him to have seizures. They thought that he would kill many of the mutants on the planet(that has been the plot for a couple comics) but assumed wrong that it would only effect mutants. Then have Logan escape to Mexico with Professor X and have it explained that even though they lost them for awhile they did find their location but left them alone since Logan had a good setup and it was deemed too dangerous to attempt an operation.(that is until the events of the movie Logan took place)

Just now, York said:
  Hide contents

daddy...

Spoiler

That part had me sad af cause i was like they just started that father/daughter relationship after charles death and then he died. Amazing movie which had me in a roller coaster of emotions. Absolutely loved it.

Just now, York said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

papi!!!!!

I was fine with her being younger but holy crap when she talked and especially in Spanish I felt the rage that every comic book nerd must have felt.

Spoiler papi!!!!!

I was fine with her being younger but holy crap when she talked and especially in Spanish I felt the rage that every comic book nerd must have felt.

What do you mean