Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tazmanianxdude

Trumps speech to Congress 2/28/2017

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/28/us/politics/trump-address-congress.amp.html

What do you guys think? 

I AGree with the point that he should pass something to legalize illegal immigrants that can financially taken or themselves/family and have not cotied serious crimes. I just really mention this part cause that's really the only thing I care about and that affects me right now but I want to hear your guys thoughts.

He not only wore a suit and tie that fit him properly, but he also spoke in complete sentences and gave a mostly coherent speech. I'll give him that much. He obviously practiced this time around.

If we ignore that he announced creating an agency that would publish a list of crimes committed by immigrants that doesn't really serve a purpose outside of exacerbating xenophobia against people who aren't "Real Americans", there wasn't any that ridiculous that we haven't already seen.

Rest of the speech was typical campaign rhetoric filled with half truths that I've lost the will to be disappointed about anymore. There was also the whining about Democrats not cooperating with him as if the past 8 years of his party opposing literally Obama uttered and proposed was all a dream.

2 hours ago, JFK said:

Rest of the speech was typical campaign rhetoric filled with half truths that I've lost the will to be disappointed about anymore. 

I lasted like 5 min. I was really tired for some reason last night. I forget what he said but it was just a blatant lie and was like, "nope. good night" turned it off and went to sleep.

3 hours ago, JFK said:

If we ignore that he announced creating an agency that would publish a list of crimes committed by immigrants

I'd actually be impressed if he was actually able to do this. We pretty much already have this information but I don't know if there are any resources that compile this information or if it is easily accessible what with it being state specific in many cases.

I'd actually be impressed if he was actually able to do this. We pretty much already have this information but I don't know if there are any resources that compile this information or if it is easily accessible what with it being state specific in many cases.

Not to hope on the liberal bandwagon but Hitler did the same thing. Created a list of crimes committed by Jews.

16 minutes ago, Beerman said:

Not to hope on the liberal bandwagon but Hitler did the same thing. Created a list of crimes committed by Jews.

Source?

19 minutes ago, therealone109 said:

Source?

well I found this article: https://www.indy100.com/article/donald-trump-adolf-hitler-nazi-published-list-crime-immigrants-congress-confirmation-7605146

literally could only find it while googling in english if I search for that in german it won´t give me any relevant results lol 

well I found this article: https://www.indy100.com/article/donald-trump-adolf-hitler-nazi-published-list-crime-immigrants-congress-confirmation-7605146

literally could only find it while googling in english if I search for that in german it won´t give me any relevant results lol 

Yeah again I'm at work. I'm just throwing shit out there. I have no clue if it actually happened

I haven't fully watched the whole speech yet, but I've heard it was actually a really good speech, like Trump was actually speaking like a legit President, and not the "crazy man" that some people love to see, and some hate.

I'm very happy though that the Trump administration is looking into a possible immigration reform, instead of a "deport all illegals!".

17 minutes ago, Ironic said:

I'm very happy though that the Trump administration is looking into a possible immigration reform, instead of a "deport all illegals!".

You mean you're happy he's considering the policy hillary already had?

1 hour ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

You mean you're happy he's considering the policy hillary already had?

It probably won't be exactly what Hillary was wanting, because he's still looking to deport criminal illegals (which I'm completely all for, and most people I talk to are too).

9 hours ago, JFK said:

There was also the whining about Democrats not cooperating with him as if the past 8 years of his party opposing literally Obama uttered and proposed was all a dream.

Are you implying Democrats are justified in being non-cooperative? 

7 minutes ago, Ironic said:

It probably won't be exactly what Hillary was wanting, because he's still looking to deport criminal illegals (which I'm completely all for, and most people I talk to are too).

Lmao you realize Obama set records for the most criminal illegal deportations?  Hillary was going to do that to. Trumps basically admitting Obama and hillary were doing it the right way.

12 minutes ago, Ironic said:

Let´s be real here who the fuck isn´t for deporting criminal illegals? Even in Germany that is a process which takes far too long and often gets blocked by the country of the criminals origin (can I also use heritage here?) .

We have several guys who were arrested for robbery or other stuff which were then supposed to get deported but they often get lost and forgotten because their country blocks it or doesn´t want to take them back etc.

6 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

Lmao you realize Obama set records for the most criminal illegal deportations?  Hillary was going to do that to. Trumps basically admitting Obama and hillary were doing it the right way.

Obama changed the way that deportations are measured. It looks like he deported more, but that isn't the case.

13 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

Even if you're right, what's your point? Lol

48 minutes ago, Ironic said:

Even if you're right, what's your point? Lol

The point is people were saying the policy was too lenient and hillary was attacked for considering "amnesty" but when trump basically suggests the same thing trump voters act like it's a brilliant idea(I support amnesty for non criminals). It's a long time Democrat pushed idea that's been attacked by conservatives until trump floated it

1 hour ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

The point is people were saying the policy was too lenient and hillary was attacked for considering "amnesty" but when trump basically suggests the same thing trump voters act like it's a brilliant idea(I support amnesty for non criminals). It's a long time Democrat pushed idea that's been attacked by conservatives until trump floated it

Am I suppose to care? I didn't vote for Trump because I loved his idea of immigration. Way more factors played into it. I honestly thought either way, Trump or Hillary was going to come up with an immigration reform, because America desperately needs one. 

3 hours ago, fatb0y said:

Are you implying Democrats are justified in being non-cooperative? 

Yes. The man that accused the last President of being illegitimate for five years and is part of the party that obstructed literally everything Obama did has no right to whine about Democrats following in their footsteps for the first month. Would you disagree with that?

Lol so now it comes out that Jeff sessions met with the Russian ambassador twice and lied about it during his hearing. It seems Russians are forgettable people because trumps people keep forgetting to mention their connections to Russia. Seriously every 3 fucking days another member of trumps team gets caught having Russian connections. It's a joke at this point