Sign in to follow this  
Destin

Rule Clarification

Some were arguing this spot is fine because you can't see through any textures that benefit you others were saying it's technically out of the map, personally I think the spot is legal but just posting in case this  comes up again, so I can redirect someone here as a source

1. This picture is what you see from sitting in this spot:

vmfaXW0.jpg

2. This the actual spot you're character is sitting on ( the wooden power line.)

NgJQNAt.jpg

Like I said I personally think it's fine but just posting for clarification.

My only problem would be if you are beyond the skybox and others can't get to you. Otherwise it looks fine.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, gemma said:

why would someone even get pissy about that spot wtf

Probably because of the "unfair advantage".

Like we don't have any of those in War 3.

1 hour ago, Trelvick said:

Probably because of the "unfair advantage".

Like we don't have any of those in War 3.

What's unfair about it? The war3 mod opens up new cover and vantage points to maps -- learn them. Simply using them is just part of the mod. Even when we had maps that had areas where you were clearly out of the map, it took a stickler admin to invoke the out of boundaries slay on someone if the location didn't give a clear advantage (unlike this one which only provides a vantage point and prohibits your movement: you can only move to the left or forward.) CS:S cs_militia was fun AF.

36 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

What's unfair about it? The war3 mod opens up new cover and vantage points to maps -- learn them. Simply using them is just part of the mod. Even when we had maps that had areas where you were clearly out of the map, it took a stickler admin to invoke the out of boundaries slay on someone if the location didn't give a clear advantage (unlike this one which only provides a vantage point and prohibits your movement: you can only move to the left or forward.) CS:S cs_militia was fun AF.

Obviously you don't understand. When there are quotations, it usually means sarcasm is amidst. Now if I said it like. "Probably because of the unfair advantage." I would be indicating I actually do not like the vantage point.

I mean you've seen me take advantage of these before.

11 hours ago, Trelvick said:

Obviously you don't understand. When there are quotations, it usually means sarcasm is amidst. Now if I said it like. "Probably because of the unfair advantage." I would be indicating I actually do not like the vantage point.

Oh ha, sorry it was a long day and sarcasm through text was hard to catch.

39 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

Oh ha, sorry it was a long day and sarcasm through text was hard to catch.

That is fine, I understand that.

I apologize for being a bit cheeky I too had a long day yesterday.

I'd say the only reason it might not be allowed is 'cause it will fuck over anyone playing on a knife race, but that should hardly be a problem considering what races can access it and the multiple objective locations.

Bumping the thread for this tidbit:

however, going outside of the fully constructed, textured area of the map or going outside of a wall that is intended to be the boundary of a map is forbidden. This includes being beyond the "skybox" (invisible barrier).

Destin and I were in a discussion started on Nuke about whether beyond the fence is legal or not. He went and pulled up this tidbit after a while of debating, as being beyond the fence is comparable to the topic which started this thread.

So being in that area is not allowed, as part of this blanket rule, and neither is being outside the fence on nuke.

Poor Accuri.

Basically we should have read what Face wrote, but what we all disregarded because Face abandoned us.

3 hours ago, LunaBadger said:

Bumping the thread for this tidbit:

Destin and I were in a discussion started on Nuke about whether beyond the fence is legal or not. He went and pulled up this tidbit after a while of debating, as being beyond the fence is comparable to the topic which started this thread.

So being in that area is not allowed, as part of this blanket rule, and neither is being outside the fence on nuke.

Poor Accuri.

Basically we should have read what Face wrote, but what we all disregarded because Face abandoned us.

Being beyond an invisible wall has always been against the rules since Accuri became aids on old inferno??

Yea. I was just bringing it up again 'cause all I remembered from this thread was "shouldn't be a problem" (on inferno) so I ended up inadvertently breaking rules due to poor comprehension on my part.

I was just making for the opportunity to clear up this spot and the future ones to come.