Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beat

Tips About Dota 2?

I wanna get into dota, but i dont want to learn or play on my own.... anyone wanna help me if I install the game?

Practice against only bots with a few heros (4ish?) to get the hang of the game and maybe after you feel comfortable, try playing against bots with a team.

If you're completely new to MOBAs I suggest you try any of these heros -

Carries: Drow Ranger, Sniper, Viper, Phantom Assassin, Luna, Ursa

Supports: Crystal Maiden, Ogre Magi, Witch Doctor, Lion, Dazzle

Here are some more tips:

• Besides doing damage, understand what else your skills do (whether it does armor reduction, movement slow, attack slow, healing, etc.), and use that to your advantage.
  • Understand the importance of game mechanics such as armor, creep aggro, tower aggro, pulling, stacking, denying. A lot of this info can be found easily in YouTube videos.
  • Understand why you are buying the items the guides tell you to get. Most community guides have some nice descriptions on the bottom of each item you should buy.
  • If you are a support, do not take any of the CS (last hits against creeps), unless a) your carry leaves lane to heal/buy items/take a jungle stack/etc., or b) there is no way they can get the CS
  • If you are a carry, ALWAYS try to get the last hit on enemy creeps, the gold and xp you get in the early game decides who wins the rest of the game (for the most part)
  • It is primarily the supports job to deny friendly creeps, but if you are carry and can deny a creep without losing CS, go ahead and do it.
  • As a support, your wards in the early game should be used primarily to spot enemies coming for a gank, so set them up to help you spot them.
  • Don't flame or trash talk your teammates, nobody wins. If someone is flaming you, mute them.
  • Understand you are going to lose games and there is nothing you can do about it.

Add me if you want, I'm down to hop on Teamspeak and we can play bots matches

http://steamcommunity.com/id/SpookyAIDS

8 hours ago, Yunki said:

• Don't flame or trash talk your teammates, nobody wins. If someone is flaming you, mute them.

Literally every multiplayer game. Don´t ever trashtalk your mates

When I first started DOTA2 I was a little overwhelmed, as my first ARTS/MOBA game it was pretty complicated. I soon started to pick up the mechanics like last hitting and denying. Before I knew it, I was performing лучше and better. I stopped making silly ошибки and я got vastly better at not кормление the enemy команда. For the наиболее part, everyone I've met was very helpful and хороший, there есть the иногда рывок however. As Я по-прежнему play DOTA2 все более и более, Я уверен, что я буду продолжать совершенствовать. Я рекомендую эту игру для всех!

Keep in mind, if you want to play dota 2. You will meet many players who are toxic af just like league of legend, a lot worse in ranked for sure. Many Russian play dota 2 as well

25 minutes ago, krony said:

Keep in mind, if you want to play dota 2. You will meet many players who are toxic af just like league of legend, a lot worse in ranked for sure. Many Russian play dota 2 as well

Russians used to be a problem, but then they got region locked. The problem now is the Peruvians.

tiz I'll play with you sometime if you need help

6 minutes ago, Imperium420 said:

Russians used to be a problem, but then they got region locked. The problem now is the Peruvians.

tiz I'll play with you sometime if you need help

paging @Lv. 100 Crobat yer being called out

On 2/25/2017 at 9:01 PM, Poseidon said:

was going to say the same thing.

Just don't.

If you do play. The best thing you can do for yourself is practice last hitting 10 min a day. Your goal is to get a bare minimum of 50 last hits by 10 minutes. Eventually you should really be trying to get 72-80 LH EVERY TIME in a lobby.  Choose lich if you want to practice ranged or anti-mage if you want to practice melee. NO ITEMs. After you get comfortable with 70+LH you want to go middle with a hero of your choice and try to get I believe it was 12 LH & 12 DENIES by 3 minutes. This will teach  you A LOT about lane equilibrium.  Then once you get that shit down you need to learn every heroes abilities but you can do this simply by playing. Learning items, counters, positioning, drafting, etc are all pretty important.  GL if you start and GJ if you don't.  

Thank you guys for the tips and tricks! Much love :) 

On 2/25/2017 at 10:39 PM, Branden said:

I wanna get into dota, but i dont want to learn or play on my own.... anyone wanna help me if I install the game?

Did you ever start playing? I can help out in a few bot games if you want.

On 3/7/2017 at 5:59 PM, Ozstrik3R said:

Did you ever start playing? I can help out in a few bot games if you want.

not yet, soon.  Send me your steam profile link in pm's