Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jodas

Political Compass

5 minutes ago, Sith said:

It's almost as if this questionnaire is self-serving in its private interests and offers a forced perspective

owait

FRNQuq6FtiQHC.gif

1 hour ago, Travesty said:

FTFY

I wonder who will end up on the right side of the spectrum if Ironic is on the left of all places.

I was pretty surprised where I was put too. Seems like they put me almost smack dab in the middle of left and right views. I definitely expected to be way more right lol. I answered everything 100% honest though. 

RYrUL2L.png

Your Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: 0.88 
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.36

MFW I'm more conservative than Ironic

A significant advantage of a one-party state is that it avoids all the arguments that delay progress in a democratic political system.

That question bothered me probably the most.

It's technically correct in a sort of sense, but behind the scenes you try to think about advantages and disadvantages behind a one-party vs democratic system and you choose your answer based on that.

I feel if I answered this as agree it is point towards saying a democratic political system is fucked.

Face Value: Yes in a one party system there are probably going to be less arguments that delay stuff compared to a democratic system.

What the quiz is probably calculating as: +0.5/+1  Authoritarian if you answer Agree or Strongly Agree.

I'm somewhere around the same place as Jodas

I had to take this test for my gov class and our teacher told us that this site has a liberal bias so if you seem moderate by American standards you will be conservative by their European standards.

personalised chart

We also took this one which is American: http://www.people-press.org/quiz/political-typology/

The answers are allot more polarizing in this quiz.

tgsshr7.png

Result doesn't surprise me. On most questions I agreed with both answers to an extent... but I'm definitely *slightly* more conservative.

u86IBD0.png

I was expecting to be more moderate. I don't know that I like the binary system since it forces you to pick an extreme. Even if you think you're in the middle on an issue.

Mmpt0za.png

There are a handful of statements where my answers conflict with the majority of liberals, but this one takes the cake. I guess only 6% of 'Solid Liberals' would agree with the statement that Blacks have equal rights. I mean, they do. What rights do they not have? I suspect the other 94% of liberals conflate "equal rights" with "not discriminated against" but the two are not the same thing. What the law says and how people view/treat each other are not necessarily congruous. 

u86IBD0.png

I was expecting to be more moderate. I don't know that I like the binary system since it forces you to pick an extreme. Even if you think you're in the middle on an issue.

Mmpt0za.png

There are a handful of statements where my answers conflict with the majority of liberals, but this one takes the cake. I guess only 6% of 'Solid Liberals' would agree with the statement that Blacks have equal rights. I mean, they do. What rights do they not have? I suspect the other 94% of liberals conflate "equal rights" with "not discriminated against" but the two are not the same thing. What the law says and how people view/treat each other are not necessarily congruous. 

I guess the other questions you answered put you into the liberal category rather than this question alone. Some left would say blacks don't have equal rights.