Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

therealone109

Oscars 2017(Discussion)

Haven't seen Hacksaw Ridge but it doesn't really interest me.

Hell or High Water was dope and I recommend it if you like westerns with a modern take.

I though Moonlight was really good and I'm going to assume that wins best picture (even if I don't think it should win best picture).

I enjoyed La La Land in theatres but I don't think I could recommend it unless you're seeing it with your girl or unless you like musicals. I don't like musicals but I still enjoyed it.

I think Nocturnal Animals should win best picture but it wasn't even nominated.

O.J. Made in America was definitely the best documentary I saw this year, but I haven't seen The 13th yet.

Tbh the only "oscar" type movie I had the chance to see this year was la la land. It was pretty good considering I normally hate those movies.  But we all know moana will get best picture (kidding but it was actually pretty fucking good)

Pool so far:

• ChosenOne - Fences
  • Ordinary - La La Land
  • Travesty - Moonlight
  • Darren - La La Land

You have to be in the mind of the Academy to guess who will win haha

I'm rooting for Arrival but its chances are slim I think. 

Best Picture will most likely be either La La Land or Moonlight. Both are pretty much Oscar-bait.

DONALD TRUMP REVIEWS THE BEST PICTURE OSCAR NOMINEES

“Manchester by the Sea”

A loser goes back to his home town, in Pocahontas Warren’s Massachusetts, after burning down his house. A real dump! Sad!

“Arrival”
Aliens come to America illegally and a nasty woman completely misses her chance to wipe them out. Sad!

“La La Land”
Two Hollywood liberal élites fail miserably. Ryan (Long Face) Gosling isn’t very attractive. Should have just walked up to Emma Stone and started kissing her. Sad!

“Fences”
All talk, no action. Sad!

“Lion”
Dev Patel (Bad dude? Possibly!) goes back to his country and doesn’t stay there. Nicole Kidman, once a ten, wears a horrible wig. Sad!

“Hidden Figures”
This film is the story of some African-Americans who were able to escape the burning inner cities and work for totally overfunded nasa. FAKE NEWS! Sad!

“Hacksaw Ridge”
Mel Gibson is a tremendous talent and an even better husband! All the haters and losers need to get OVER the stuff he said on tape. Mel never claimed he’s a perfect person! Move on! Sad!

“Hell or High Water”
Two real Americans go after the banks while exercising their Second Amendment rights. Things go horribly wrong when they forget that #BlueLivesMatter. Sad!

“Moonlight”
A total disaster.

Pool so far:

• ChosenOne - Fences
  • Ordinary - La La Land
  • Travesty - Moonlight
  • Darren - La La Land
  • Detective Nom Noms - Arrival

Pool so far:

• ChosenOne - Fences
  • Ordinary - La La Land
  • Travesty - Moonlight
  • Darren - La La Land
  • Detective Nom Noms - Arrival
  • TheRealOne - Hacksaw Ridge

Tbh I haven't seen arrival but from what I've heard it might deserve it. Sounds similar to one of my other all them favorite movies which is contact. Still have me down for LA La land since it's all I've seen

3 hours ago, therealone109 said:

Props to you Travesty,you're basically a genie

I'm actually a bit surprised the ESPN documentary about OJ won.

But seriously, if you haven't seen that yet... spend a weekend watching it. It's really fascinating what America went through during that time and how it sparked the sensation we know as 'reality tv'.