Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ironic

Trump administration withdraws federal protections for transgender students

6 minutes ago, Ironic said:

http://www.med.monash.edu.au/gendermed/sexandgender.html

Gender is basically your way of thinking. Either masculine, or feminine. This you can change easily, and doesn't require surgery. Your sex is what will require surgery, in order to change your genitals.

Sorry, I guess I meant to say the "sex" then. Lmao

Pretty sure you just didn't know the difference until we pointed it out.  Also you're totally sounding like one of those people that think being gay is a choice 

4 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

Pretty sure you just didn't know the difference until we pointed it out.  Also you're totally sounding like one of those people that think being gay is a choice 

Depends what you're talking about is the choice. You may not have the choice of controlling your feelings (whether that be feeling a different gender or feeling affection to the same sex), but you have the choice of what to do because of those feelings. Same way with being straight.

12 minutes ago, Ironic said:

Sorry, I guess I meant to say the "sex" then. Lmao

Scenario:

Trans woman was born as a male but looks everything like a 'real woman' on the outside after going through extensive hormone treatment. However she has not had surgery yet to remove her genitals. She goes to a new university and wants to fit in. Which washroom should she enter?

5 minutes ago, Ironic said:

Depends what you're talking about is the choice. You may not have the choice of controlling your feelings (whether that be feeling a different gender or feeling affection to the same sex), but you have the choice of what to do because of those feelings. Same way with being straight.

Even if you choose to be abstinent you're still gay. So it's not a choice. 

6 minutes ago, Travesty said:

Scenario:

Trans woman was born as a male but looks everything like a 'real woman' on the outside after going through extensive hormone treatment. However she has not had surgery yet to remove her genitals. She goes to a new university and wants to fit in. Which washroom should she enter?

Right now, she would probably have to use the male restroom because of her genitals.

In the future, like I said above, hopefully she can get a waiver signed and get a special pass to be able to use the women's restroom (assuming that would be her choice of restroom).

5 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

Even if you choose to be abstinent you're still gay. So it's not a choice. 

Agree, but being gay and acting in "gay activities" is still a choice. I'm not saying it's a bad choice, I'm just saying it's still a choice.

As, choosing to use the opposite restroom of your birth sex is a choice. Again, I hope the Trump Administration can come up with a better idea giving trans people easier ways to use the restroom. But the Obama plan I didn't like at all, because that basically said anyone could use whatever restroom they wanted. And if I saw my little sister go into a bathroom, and some guy walks in behind her, oh you bet your ass I'd go in there to make sure he doesn't do anything to her.

3 minutes ago, Ironic said:

And if I saw my little sister go into a bathroom, and some guy walks in behind her, oh you bet your ass I'd go in there to make sure he doesn't do anything to her.

But dude, you'll be using the wrong bathroom! *gasps*

Any fucking guy can walk into that bathroom right now if he so pleases. Again, if someone is disturbing people, we already have laws in place for that...

4 minutes ago, Ironic said:

Right now, she would probably have to use the male restroom because of her genitals.

In the future, like I said above, hopefully she can get a waiver signed and get a special pass to be able to use the women's restroom (assuming that would be her choice of restroom).

Agree, but being gay and acting in "gay activities" is still a choice. I'm not saying it's a bad choice, I'm just saying it's still a choice.

As, choosing to use the opposite restroom of your birth sex is a choice. Again, I hope the Trump Administration can come up with a better idea giving trans people easier ways to use the restroom. But the Obama plan I didn't like at all, because that basically said anyone could use whatever restroom they wanted. And if I saw my little sister go into a bathroom, and some guy walks in behind her, oh you bet your ass I'd go in there to make sure he doesn't do anything to her.

Wouldn't by that logic it be safer for your sister because you can always accompany her ? What stops a normal non trans man from going into the bathroom when noone is looking and waiting in the stall till a girl is alone ? Now if you're suspicious something is wrong you can get in trouble for going in to check potentially. Nothing is stopping law breakers from going into the bathrooms 

9 minutes ago, Travesty said:

But dude, you'll be using the wrong bathroom! *gasps*

Any fucking guy can walk into that bathroom right now if he so pleases. Again, if someone is disturbing people, we already have laws in place for that...

8 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

Wouldn't by that logic it be safer for your sister because you can always accompany her ? What stops a normal non trans man from going into the bathroom when noone is looking and waiting in the stall till a girl is alone ? Now if you're suspicious something is wrong you can get in trouble for going in to check potentially. Nothing is stopping law breakers from going into the bathrooms 

The only problem is Obamas old law can easily encourage more pedos by saying "anyone can use whichever restroom they so choose!". A simple google search will show you all the reports of pedos going into women restrooms because of the old law. This is why I'm hoping Trump will come up with a new, improved plan to deal with the whole transgender and bathroom issue.

3 minutes ago, Ironic said:

A simple google search will show you all the reports of pedos going into women restrooms because of the old law.

Please show me these statistics from the 12 states with LGBTQ protection that have "easily encouraged more pedos to enter women's restrooms".

8 minutes ago, Ironic said:

The only problem is Obamas old law can easily encourage more pedos by saying "anyone can use whichever restroom they so choose!". A simple google search will show you all the reports of pedos going into women restrooms because of the old law. This is why I'm hoping Trump will come up with a new, improved plan to deal with the whole transgender and bathroom issue.

Repealing the law puts more trans people at risk than girls  it potentially "protects". Trans people are attacked often when they use the bathroom of their sex rather than their gender. Trump is simply putting trans people into potentially abusive situations. Also I've never heard of one confirmed  incident where an assault occurred by a pedo pretending to be trans

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/32594395/

22 minutes ago, Ironic said:

And if I saw my little sister go into a bathroom, and some guy walks in behind her, oh you bet your ass I'd go in there to make sure he doesn't do anything to her.

What if the man was a trans man forced to use the women's bathroom now ?

Really it's just the media invoking fear into the likes of Ironic creating unnecessary hysteria for non-existent issues.

The argument to protect women was reused and recycled many times before. And it can go back all the way to the transatlantic slave trade where blacks were given their own washroom in order to protect white men and women from the 'black brutes committing murder to white men and raping white women'.

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-13%20at%2011.43.

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-13%20at%2011.58.

8-500x227.jpg

I sexually identify as a pony

I demand bathrooms for ponies in every establishment. If you don't you will hurt my feelings and I will alert the media of feelings being hurt.

3 minutes ago, Velo said:

I sexually identify as a pony

Piss outside like the rest of 'em then

Ironic will be shilling for Trump forever.

1 hour ago, Ironic said:

Rather strange of you to be concerned about how transgender protections can potentially encourage pedophiles when in the last topic, you saw nothing wrong with Milo Yiannopoulos claiming cross-generational relationships between 13 year old boys and 25 and 28 year old men can be consensual.

20 minutes ago, Velo said:

I demand bathrooms for ponies in every establishment. If you don't you will hurt my feelings and I will alert the media of feelings being hurt.

even to make a point this doesent realy work here ,  its not about them getting special extra facilitys its about wich of the existing ones they should be able to use .

39 minutes ago, therealone109 said:

Can we all agree on something?There shouldn't be this much debate about a place were people go to take a shit

The "debate" is pretty much Ironic showing he's ill informed on the situation and literally everyone else who has done any research saying he's wrong 

Being trans is not a choice. CHOOSING to get the procedures done to reflect how you feel is.

In the end, if the person chooses to get a procedure done to make them feel more comfortable as a person, then that shouldn't have any effect on where you take a shit. I've known 2 trans people from Highschool. Both ended up being much happier as people after they went through HRT and surgeries to reflect their inner "self image".

It's just bigoted people fearing that the "gays" will come and get them and their children, why not attack a group of people that are even more vulnerable then them.

Jesus.

6 minutes ago, Battlemech7 said:

Being trans is not a choice. CHOOSING to get the procedures done to reflect how you feel is.

In the end, if the person chooses to get a procedure done to make them feel more comfortable as a person, then that shouldn't have any effect on where you take a shit. I've known 2 trans people from Highschool. Both ended up being much happier as people after they went through HRT and surgeries to reflect their inner "self image".

It's just bigoted people fearing that the "gays" will come and get them and their children, why not attack a group of people that are even more vulnerable then them.

Jesus.

Couldn't agree more

I wrote a lot and took my time doing so but decided against it, so I'll just say that people will do as they please in a free society.

6 hours ago, Travesty said:

Please show me these statistics from the 12 states with LGBTQ protection that have "easily encouraged more pedos to enter women's restrooms".

I couldn't care less to do that much research. All I know is I have heard on the news before (even here in my hometown) about a guy trying to act Trans in order to get into the Womens bathroom. I'm sure a simple google search can help you find that out. Also, can you provide me with statistics that show there was no encouragement whatsoever with Obamas law? I'm not saying the law straight up said "Hey, men can go into the womens restroom now!", but it obviously easily made pedos more able to go into a womens restroom.

5 hours ago, gemma said:

ironic is like the posterboy for clueless trump supporters lmao

I love how some of you actually think I'm a die hard Trump supporter, when I'm not lol. I will though defend him whenever the media is outraged by decisions he makes which I completely stand for. I felt the exact same way about Obamas transgender bathroom policy before I even knew Trump was going to run as President.... I felt it never even should have been put in place, and that we should have a different way of going about this issue.

6 hours ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

Repealing the law puts more trans people at risk than girls  it potentially "protects". Trans people are attacked often when they use the bathroom of their sex rather than their gender. Trump is simply putting trans people into potentially abusive situations. Also I've never heard of one confirmed  incident where an assault occurred by a pedo pretending to be trans

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/32594395/

What if the man was a trans man forced to use the women's bathroom now ?

Weird, I guess you haven't done much research then about it: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/04/23/twenty-stories-proving-targets-pro-transgender-bathroom-policy-danger-women-children/ (Also, I understand Breitbart is more conservative biased (of course all you keep linking me is progressive biased anyway) but feel free to research all of these incidents to see if they're real or not, if you don't believe they're true.)

As of now, I'm sure if the man looked like a man, they would make him use the men's restroom, not the womens.

2 hours ago, Dakka said:

I wrote a lot and took my time doing so but decided against it, so I'll just say that people will do as they please in a free society.

I agree, but a free society also has laws, and these laws need to be enforced.

5 minutes ago, Ironic said:

I love how some of you actually think I'm a die hard Trump supporter, when I'm not lol.

Alternative Facts!

4 hours ago, Battlemech7 said:

You could argue the same thing for pedophiles though. "I don't choose to like little kids".... And I'm sure there's multiple other examples I could give.

5 hours ago, JFK said:

Rather strange of you to be concerned about how transgender protections can potentially encourage pedophiles when in the last topic, you saw nothing wrong with Milo Yiannopoulos claiming cross-generational relationships between 13 year old boys and 25 and 28 year old men can be consensual.

Milo was talking about kids and adults CONSENTING in sexual relations. I don't completely agree with 100% everything he said, but that didn't seem at all like Milo was encouraging pedophiles when he was talking about two consenting people.