Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Groot

Weekend: server is dead

15 minutes ago, Ironic said:

I'm not a coder so I don't know anything about coding and trying to make servers less buggy, but how can it be this buggy after having pretty much a whole year with the server?

It's like this:

http://i.imgur.com/jrMwlkO.gifv

24 minutes ago, Ironic said:

Asssuming you're talking to me.

Yeah, in my utmost opinion, I love

Bulletford, but how is TTTGO still as buggy as it is? How long has it even been a server? Over a year now, correct? I'm not a coder so I don't know anything about coding and trying to make servers less buggy, but how can it be this buggy after having pretty much a whole year with the server? TTTGO can be really fun, it just needs to be less buggy, and have more people on it.

I tried to get on when I could, but it wouldn't help that the server was only "actually populated" about once a week. I tried to get it populated almost every day whenever I was SO for the server. But I always got the same shitty responses from people: "How many people are on?". Which ended up in me getting maybe 3 other people to join, who would end up leaving in about 30 minutes.

Wasn't really referring to you or one specific person. Just talking about the server in general, but my last sentence was towards groot himself.

ZE's not dead at most times

it's doing fine!

I am pretty confused on why JB and other servers are starting to die, I remember them being really populated during these times of year before

FeelsAmazingMan

4 minutes ago, AntiTeal said:

ZE's not dead

it's doing fine!

FeelsAmazingMan

Why do you think there are only roughly 5 people out of the 40 ppl that play ze regularly actually in sG? 

13 minutes ago, Travesty said:

Why do you think there are only roughly 5 people out of the 40 ppl that play ze regularly actually in sG? 

Well to be fair, for a long time the only sG members to be apart of that server was crobat, firstadam, myself and antiteal, over the course of a year. Only recently sG members have come back.

16 minutes ago, AntiTeal said:

ZE's not dead at most times

it's doing fine!

I am pretty confused on why JB and other servers are starting to die, I remember them being really populated during these times of year before

FeelsAmazingMan

ZE/ZM players usually don't care for what server they play, they just go for whichever server has the better pop.  That's why a big majority of the players aren't members.  ZE can also be fun with <5 players on because everyone is unmuted and people can relax and have fun.

JB players on the other hand pick out that server because of its rules/structure.  Rules like AFK freeze and muted T's really divides the JB community, hell i picked sG over other servers for those rules alone.

For the JB it sometime hard when we have some player that are extreme killwhore as warden or play as ct that will look for any excuse to kill players like LorenzoCoolz.

they need to make it fun for people to play mini games that jb have but often T just rebels 70% of the time which getting old really fast, picking the map that they can rebel easier etc etc

3 minutes ago, Dr. NarwhalsNumbNuts IV said:

Didn't we recently have an event on JB to revive the pop?

Maybe it's time we get some dedicated SO's who aren't shit

lol.

1 hour ago, Revöker said:

ZE/ZM players usually don't care for what server they play, they just go for whichever server has the better pop.  That's why a big majority of the players aren't members.  ZE can also be fun with <5 players on because everyone is unmuted and people can relax and have fun.

JB players on the other hand pick out that server because of its rules/structure.  Rules like AFK freeze and muted T's really divides the JB community, hell i picked sG over other servers for those rules alone.

This is true also sometimes it's not pop but the map they play on also plays a factor into it.

3 hours ago, Jeff The Flying Shark said:

Wasn't really referring to you or one specific person. Just talking about the server in general, but my last sentence was towards groot himself.

Like said I have been busy with a lot of shit between getting into an accudent, getting a new job, holidays, funerals, ect. That I have been doing my best to get on as much as possible but every time I'm gone even for a few days I come back to the server's pop to slim to none. Right now my work has me from 2-10:30pm central time so as soon as i go to work the kids get out of school but when I get off No one is on I remember late night jb was still full of at least 20 ppl until about 1 about a year ago.

2 hours ago, Dr. NarwhalsNumbNuts IV said:

Didn't we recently have an event on JB to revive the pop?

Maybe it's time we get some dedicated SO's who aren't shit

Are you saying I'm not dedicated and am shit because if I weren't dedicated I wouldn't have started this post. Honestly I should would hella dedicated bc the pop has been dieing for a month now and I'm the only fucking person actually posting about the issue to try and fix it even with all the shit I have on my plate irl. I'm here and trying to better this community as much as I possibly can. Think about that next time you think of dedication. And I would like to add that I sent in a app for RO before they added the others last month and so far I haven't seen any events in the works since than.

I'm not trying to sound bitchy or like a complainer but wat some ppl don't know yet but life will always come first but I do my dann best to do way i can to better this community even if I have to put myself out there to fix an issue he'll I'm learning C++ to eventually apply for eng someday

How much are the downloads currently for jailbreak? I still believe that part of the reason the old TTT gmod died was due to the fact that downloads got absolutely out of control and new players refused to wait for the download time.

Also I know for a fact that there is some plugin on jailbreak that crashes me every time after I play around ~45 minutes, probably impossible to figure out what plugin it is and I havent really heard of it happening to anyone else. But I am able to play comp and anything else without any crashes whatsoever. 

Yea i saw all the servers were dead and was wondering why, it really sucks how what used to be the most popular server and most fun are dead now.

30 minutes ago, ZachPL said:

How much are the downloads currently for jailbreak? I still believe that part of the reason the old TTT gmod died was due to the fact that downloads got absolutely out of control and new players refused to wait for the download time.

Also I know for a fact that there is some plugin on jailbreak that crashes me every time after I play around ~45 minutes, probably impossible to figure out what plugin it is and I havent really heard of it happening to anyone else. But I am able to play comp and anything else without any crashes whatsoever. 

Every time i hear someone say its the load times i just think "Doesn't ZE have longer load times? bigger maps, and more player models."

Remember 2014/2015 ZE was completely dead, until crobat switched to it and constantly played it to bring the server pop up to what it is now.

While i do agree that less content will get people in the door and more content will keep them there longer, i don't think it always has to do with load times.  And yes some plugins need work, especially the mute/unmute one that is basically completely broken because T's cannot get unmute for Lr's anymore and only certain people can hear them when unmuted, only SO/staff can really be on T side and talk.  and yes there is the work around of slaying all the CT's in a slay 90% respawn then slay 10% then respawn but that is a hassle that no admin wants to do.

And old TTT died probably because of ppl not having CSS resources, really sad because it was much better than the shit TTT now.

6 hours ago, Groot said:

Like said I have been busy with a lot of shit between getting into an accudent, getting a new job, holidays, funerals, ect. That I have been doing my best to get on as much as possible but every time I'm gone even for a few days I come back to the server's pop to slim to none. Right now my work has me from 2-10:30pm central time so as soon as i go to work the kids get out of school but when I get off No one is on I remember late night jb was still full of at least 20 ppl until about 1 about a year ago.

Are you saying I'm not dedicated and am shit because if I weren't dedicated I wouldn't have started this post. Honestly I should would hella dedicated bc the pop has been dieing for a month now and I'm the only fucking person actually posting about the issue to try and fix it even with all the shit I have on my plate irl. I'm here and trying to better this community as much as I possibly can. Think about that next time you think of dedication. And I would like to add that I sent in a app for RO before they added the others last month and so far I haven't seen any events in the works since than.

I don't mean you bb, I mean in general. Look at how many SOs we had step down or get demoted. There's a need for more Sos when the squeakers are able to kill server pop. Ruffles is over here "lol"ing but you gotta admit something's gotta change

The wait times definitely aren't bad.

I think people have just moved on from Jailbreak. I'll hop on every once in a while when I see population is over 20 people but it's just not as fun anymore. I think the Wardens now are have a crutch and that crutch is playing map games over and over and over. When Ts have played a map game enough, they're not going to stick around because there's not really many new experiences being had. Here's a round for  you: Ts get out of cells; Some Ts get shot; Move to map game; Most tees die; Map game for LR; LR; New round. Taking up a total of 6 minutes of nothing really. No one wants to waste long periods of time playing map games they've played time and time again.

We also haven't seen many new maps, the last one I can think of is Thorgot's map. We repeat the same maps over and over again. Seriously, get rid of Clouds. Why do we have to keep saying this? It doesn't promote creativity and only furthers the crutch of the up and coming wardens. I propose we just take it down for a month and see what happens.

Lets face it, our members (including our staff) have gotten sick of JB and maybe even CSGO. The majority of people keeping our servers alive are new people coming in and staying a while. I think the ship has sailed at this point because JB is half as populated as it was last year.

The numbers don't lie:

2015:

January - June:

d2d9b81076.png

June - December:

f2e1ea07cf.png

2016:

January - June:

c2a57166e5.png

July - December:

4574338023.png

My playtime has been bad this month, about 3k min I think. I mean it probably the most out of the JB SOs (No offense) but still bad for my standard since I usually have 7-8k.

I think this could be a pretty big reason since I usually get on before everyone else and populates the server. I will try to work on some ideas for events and such, like the last mini event I did. @Iherdcows @Mark from Facebook And also get my playtime up this upcoming month, I have been pretty busy and such.

17 minutes ago, Hawk said:

My playtime has been bad this month, about 3k min I think. I mean it probably the most out of the JB SOs (No offense) but still bad for my standard since I usually have 7-8k.

i know my playtime for jb isnt that great this month but ive been struggling to find ppl to play with. now i know how it feels to be a tttgo so FeelsBadMan

i got WAY more time on ZE and MG this month

The population in Jailbreak does need to change. The server is lower populated than it used to be.

To be honest, what travesty has said is very truthful about the population decline. 

I know that the last time I played jailbreak, I was tired of it after 45 minutes. Reason being is due to wardens being repetitive, the same things happening after every round. 

Our Jailbreak has found a pattern: Out of cells, play one map game, give lr. Rinse and repeat.

The moment someone tries to do something different, they end up or dying due to rebellers, or no one cooperates (which is fine, its the point of the game) , but nothing comes out of it. Even if they do succeed, the next warden tends to repeat the pattern, simply reverting back to its nature.

Rust has helped the population decline, which is understandable, the servers are always populated in rust, its fun to raid and cause chaos with your friends. A Lot of the Jailbreak population (And other servers) shifted to rust as their main gameplay. 

Now, take in note that I am not attacking the rust server nor hold a grudge against it. 

Another major point regarding Jailbreak and our community

The community shuns and ridicules jailbreak.

Let me emphasize that for you

The community shuns and ridicules jailbreak.

Most of the people here started in the jailbreak server, and yet they get to a point in time in their life where they change servers and then forget about jailbreak. Talk to anyone regarding jailbreak, the first thing they'll say is "Jailbreak's cancer". People tend to turn their back to their roots - I understand if you don't like the server anymore, but the more you diminish it, the more you mock the population and the server, the more people will be repelled from it and join the bandwagon of "shitting on jailbreak." Jailbreak for the longest time was the bread and butter for the community, its main source of income, and instead of promoting it, everyone just shits on it. There's no support whatsoever. 

its hard to want to play a server where almost everyone just shits on you for doing it. 

The wait times definitely aren't bad.

I think people have just moved on from Jailbreak. I'll hop on every once in a while when I see population is over 20 people but it's just not as fun anymore. I think the Wardens now are have a crutch and that crutch is playing map games over and over and over. When Ts have played a map game enough, they're not going to stick around because there's not really many new experiences being had. Here's a round for  you: Ts get out of cells; Some Ts get shot; Move to map game; Most tees die; Map game for LR; LR; New round. Taking up a total of 6 minutes of nothing really. No one wants to waste long periods of time playing map games they've played time and time again.

We also haven't seen many new maps, the last one I can think of is Thorgot's map. We repeat the same maps over and over again. Seriously, get rid of Clouds. Why do we have to keep saying this? It doesn't promote creativity and only furthers the crutch of the up and coming wardens. I propose we just take it down for a month and see what happens.

Lets face it, our members (including our staff) have gotten sick of JB and maybe even CSGO. The majority of people keeping our servers alive are new people coming in and staying a while. I think the ship has sailed at this point because JB is half as populated as it was last year.

The numbers don't lie:

2015:

January - June:

d2d9b81076.png

June - December:

f2e1ea07cf.png

2016:

January - June:

c2a57166e5.png

July - December:

4574338023.png

I think definitely some new maps would help the server. The same round repeating itself over and over the same guy rebelling every round isn't exactly fun even lr guys get a one to just go in a vent and get weapons to get the points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, Travesty said:

The numbers don't lie:

That's why i've been trying to build things into my map that don't involve just games, but most people seem to ignore them for the games. but hopefully i can finish polishing it up with games and other environment stuff that can be used for RP.

and at least the numbers show that there is hope in summer to revive JB, just like it is every year.  I know my shit should clear by then so i can play more.

43 minutes ago, Dr. NarwhalsNumbNuts IV said:

I don't mean you bb, I mean in general. Look at how many SOs we had step down or get demoted. There's a need for more Sos when the squeakers are able to kill server pop. Ruffles is over here "lol"ing but you gotta admit something's gotta change

I laughed because you act like you know how SO's work. The reason why most SO's stop playing or don't wanna do it anymore is the players, the babysitting, and the constant dedication they put into the server. Quite honestly, it gets to be tiresome after real life stuff you do. Then you have to jump onto jailbreak or whatever server you're dedicated to. There are SO's who are dedicated and know the rules, and overall wanna better their server. If they didn't, then clamps or bulldog wouldn't have assigned them to it. It's actually hard to be an SO to a server that doesn't have a population. I've always known there has to be a change before anything gets better. Anytime it's suggested for a change or anyone wants something done, it is usually denied. I know it's silly, but there are a lot of good jailbreak SO's (just like there are really good other SO's for their servers.) But it's hard to play when regulars rather play something else. 

hmmmm 2015 JB pop was high when the server switched to west coast http://www.joinsg.net/forums/topic/65622-server-downtime/

then 2016 the server moves to Chicago and the pop falls http://www.joinsg.net/forums/topic/72018-chicago-moves-completed/

Gmod TTT does much better on the west coast vs central of the same server

West coast 7 days http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/vanilla-lax.joinsg.net:27025/

server_players.php?GSID=5387487&start=-1

Central 7 days http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/vanilla-chi.joinsg.net:27035/

server_players.php?GSID=5386668&start=-1

thinking-face.png hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm