Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Groot

Weekend: server is dead

4 minutes ago, Tacky said:

Maybe not when It started but I remember a lot of regulars, sG Members, SOs, and Staff stopped playing JB and went to Rust. Anyone who has played rust before knows it can take up most of your free gaming time. By all means I'm not saying get rid of rust but that could have been the reason to population cutback.

Certainly part of the cause to some of the regulars, SOs and staff of JB moving onto different things. 

20 hours ago, Ironic said:

GMod TTT seems to be the only popular sG servers now :vapenation

Umm no, ZE almost always has a decent pop nowadays. server_players.php?GSID=5347764&start=-1

Right now we are 143rd but we were 42nd a while ago.

Having a custom gmod server would be dope. 

We did but no one ever played on it ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, Cman said:

Having a custom gmod server would be dope. 

Population would never get high enough. Then the Minecraft custom was a total fail.

Its been alluded to in earlier posts but I feel like server activity really depends on a group of active players both sG and non-sG members.  When I started to play jailbreak what drew me to sG's server was the dynamics of the active people on the server at the time that made things more enjoyable relative to other ones out there.  After playing on the csgo servers recently and it seems like now zombie escape and minigames have that core group of players (many of which aren't clan members) that  populate the server on their own but also draw in new people to the community.

9 hours ago, Revöker said:

hmmmm 2015 JB pop was high when the server switched to west coast http://www.joinsg.net/forums/topic/65622-server-downtime/

then 2016 the server moves to Chicago and the pop falls http://www.joinsg.net/forums/topic/72018-chicago-moves-completed/

Gmod TTT does much better on the west coast vs central of the same server

West coast 7 days http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/vanilla-lax.joinsg.net:27025/

server_players.php?GSID=5387487&start=-1

Central 7 days http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/vanilla-chi.joinsg.net:27035/

server_players.php?GSID=5386668&start=-1

thinking-face.png hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

TBH I remember the server move last year and I personally saw the population fall and stopped playing alot more myself

On 1/29/2017 at 8:07 PM, Jeff The Flying Shark said:

It doesn't help that TTT:GO is still a buggy mess atm and has been for quiet awhile now.

Plus the regulars no longer really play it anymore due to that reason anyway and there aren't any SOs for it either.Tbh I never really seen you on the server when it did have a bit of a population anyway

well no offense to the one person trying to fix it bulletford if people actually fixed ttt and made it playable instead of  everyone just sitting on there ass and doing nothing except for bulletford maybe just maybe it would be populated and the old players and new can play TTT and have fun in stead of the shitty mess it is

7 minutes ago, redlydead said:

well no offense to the one person trying to fix it bulletford if people actually fixed ttt and made it playable instead of  everyone just sitting on there ass and doing nothing except for bulletford maybe just maybe it would be populated and the old players and new can play TTT and have fun in stead of the shitty mess it is

I'll try to translate this for other people

"No offense to Bulletford because he is trying to fix it, but to everyone else involved with the server, if you got off your ass and helped Bulletford maybe, just maybe, the server would be populated and all the players, old and new alike, can play TTT and have fun together rather than it be a dead server."

also JB was populated during the beggining of the school year but i stop playing cs in general for a month and come back and see that the servers dead i had the same question but Jb was never this bad and i miss quiet frankly

16 hours ago, Travesty said:

I don't think ping is the issue to be honest. Like you said, it's the content (rules for JB) on the server, whether it be east, central or west, especially for Jailbreak.

This is true for different stages of players.  People who are brand new to JB with tend to first go for the higher pop server but if all the pop's are the same they'll choose the server with the lowest ping.  If after they don't immediately hate JB they'll play other JB servers to see differences and try to find those servers with rules/games they like (truth or dare/AFK freeze), they can then stick with their first choice server or actually switch to a different one.  The Rules/content only keeps players coming back to the same server, it doesn't bring new players in the door.  And download wait time only pushes away people that know 0 about JB who will soon find out most servers have large download times just like ZE.  there are usually 2 types of players when it comes to wait times, those who wait no more than 15-30secs and those willing to wait 1-5 mins.  What I'm saying is that by taking off 10% of the download isn't going to get people into JB, you'd have to gut the server of about 60-80% to make a difference.

Noob/casual to JB → join higher pop/and or lowest ping (possibly download size)

Novice to JB → search servers in favor for content/rules

regulars to JB → stay for said content/rules and/or community

veterans to JB → signed over their soul to JB and can no longer leave lest they die.

I do agree with you that it isn't a big contribution but i believe it is a minor one.  I'm pretty sure all servers were hit with a huge pop decline because people's server favorites didn't carry over with the switch.  I remember ZE complaining about this when it had happened and was completely dead for like a week after the switch.  And for all we know switching it back might drop it even further.

13 hours ago, Revöker said:

What I'm saying is that by taking off 10% of the download isn't going to get people into JB, you'd have to gut the server of about 60-80% to make a difference.

I remember going back to watch the VOD of tarik's stream the night after he came on the server. It starts off with like a 5minute download and I honestly felt bad having him wait for such a long ass load time. Guy was just sitting there patiently waiting for all 5 of those minutes, then plays for a few and never comes back. FeelsBadMan

1 hour ago, fontaine said:

JB needs the ZE treatment. Wipe everything. Start as vanilla as possible.

But my points T_T

JB needs Staff who cares :v

Over the summer of 2016 MG was essentially dead and JB was most consistently populated. I think it's just a shift in general interest? 

Some events would be good too... For both MG and JB

52 minutes ago, GossamerFox said:

Over the summer of 2016 MG was essentially dead and JB was most consistently populated. I think it's just a shift in general interest? 

Some events would be good too... For both MG and JB

Yep. This happens all the time. Servers will gain/drop in popularity throughout the year. As the school year ends especially, I bet we will see JB climb back up.

18 minutes ago, Iherdcows said:

The fact that don juan of all people think that I dont care about JB is ridiculous. He was there when I was playing 12 hours a day. 

Any ideas on how to improve population? or remain status quo?

3 minutes ago, Travesty said:

Any ideas on how to improve population? or remain status quo?

After this next week my schedule frees up, So i can personally play more. What I need is a dedicated group of people willing to play as I do it. We already have groups here and there. Reducing downloads is a big one. Everytime i've suggested this, I've been met with backlash from the community. I'm hoping this time I'll be able to do it without an issue.