Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Face

Stepping Down

Hey all,

When I posted my LOA I already knew that I didn't intend for War3 to be a big part of my life anymore. I decided to stick it out in case my mind changed, but it's been more than a month and my feelings are still the same. I honestly don't want to mislead all the players into thinking I'm going to come back at some point when I currently don't plan on working on War3 ever again.

I originally started working on War3 because I loved the server and I loved the community and I wanted to see it be as good as I thought it could be. I know at some point pretty much every regular/sG player has disagreed with me for some decision I made, but I can honestly say the server's best interests were always in the back of my mind in every decision.

After about 7 months of working on the server (back in late 2015 when I started my career) my interest in it started to decline for a lot of reasons, mostly burn-out and the players. For me, it's tough being in a position where many people you consider a friend will at some point freak out on you because they disagree with some decision you made in a video game. It's even tougher when you are consistently putting a lot of your evenings and often entire weekends into trying to please the same people by creating things you hope they enjoy, fixing bugs that bother them, or adding expertise for them to find.

I've been majorly involved in 3 gaming communities over the years and sG definitely stands out as the best experience. The first one has been dead for many years and the second one has been on life support for 6 or so years - neither had the leadership to withstand the years and the drama like sG has. I kind of wandered around the gaming world for most of college, playing SC2, random ps3 games, a bit of competitive CSGO, etc. without any real connection with players. sG was the first time in probably 5 years that I started playing with a community again and honestly it's the best one I've been a part of. It's had its issues and it still has some issues, but overall it is in a good place with good direction. I know I've made many good friends working on War3 and I really appreciate everyone who took their time to help me make decisions or test things out.

You still won't see me much at all until mid-April, but I'm sure I'll be around somewhat regularly after that.

Special shout outs to @thorgot @skitt @bulletford for making my time on staff possible by helping me learn to code from nearly 0 prior knowledge and their exceptional patience with my lack of understanding their programmer lingo. I specifically remember when I first started working on SourcePawn and thorgot said something along the lines of "That error means you need to reference an index in the array" and my response was "I don't know what an index or an array are".

Not The Engineer, O god who shall ever buff the races and shit on dragon knight again ;( Thanks face for all the time and dedication u put into the server GL HF in life

Damn... Thanks for keeping war3 alive and ongoing while you still enjoyed it. Going to miss seeing people bombard you with questions, requests, and asskissing every time you join the server, makes me chuckle like an idiot.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Thank you for your consistent work on War3. The dedication means a lot. Good luck in your life endeavors man. :). It'll be nice to see you hop on here and there. :)

Typical Face, afk in spawn.

Thanks for all your hard work, I know we disagreed on things but I always appreciated your involvement!

Best of luck in life!

:'(  One by one my ENG family dieth.

War3 won't be the same without you face, thanks for helping put so much time into better the server!

Hey man, wanted to say on behalf of a lot of people thank you for the time and effort you've put into War3, we all appreciate it more than we could ever voice. Enjoy your life from here on out, but don't be a total stranger ;)

Thank you for all the work, time, and effort you had put into our War3 server. While I had never played it, I'm sure you will be missed dearly. Good luck in your future endeavors.

Face!!! you will be missed. Ty for all you hard work and putting up with are shit in war3. i know it may seem sometimes that we are not thankful for all you do, but we are and will be lost with out you. Long live the voice of Gaben, the bringer of change, the buffer of orcs. i will never forget the things you did for me and the server and will continue to tell of your legend. love you always face <3

Thanks for putting up with our shit for so long and doing so much for War3. You will be dearly missed, and your name won't soon be forgotten.