Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trav

I did try and fuck her. She was married…

@driz and @Ironic, PBS actually has some decent viewership ratings, so idk what you guys are spouting.

From their overview page http://www.pbs.org/about/about-pbs/overview/:

Strong On-Air Reach Across America

• Over the course of a year, 82% of all U.S. television households - and 200 million people - watch PBS. The demographic breakdown of PBS' full-day audience reflects the overall U.S. population with respect to race/ethnicity, education and income. (Nielsen NPower, 9/21/2015-9/18/2016)

• Each month, over 95 million people watch their local PBS stations. (Nielsen NPower, 10/2015-9/2016)

• PBS averaged a 1.43 primetime household rating during the 2015-'16 season, ranking it the #6 broadcast and cable network. (Nielsen NPower, 9/21/2015-9/18/2016)

• PBS' primetime household audience is significantly larger than many commercial channels, including A&E (PBS' audience is 156% larger), TLC (120%), TLC (138%), Bravo (123%), Discovery Channel (53%) and HGTV (36%). (Nielsen NPower, 9/21/2015-9/18/2016)

• 68% of all kids age two to eight watched PBS during the 2015-'16 season. (Nielsen NPower, 9/21/2015-9/18/2016)

• PBS stations reach more kids age two to five, more moms with young children and more children from low-income families than any other kids TV network. (Nielsen NPower, 9/21/15-9/18/16, L+7 M-Su 6A-6A TP reach. K2-5, LOHw/C<6, K2-11w/Inc<$20K. PBS, DSNY, NICK, DSNYJr, NICKJr., SPRT, TOON & DISCFam)

• A national study of parents with children ages 2-6 found TV viewing is one of the top ways that families spend time together, with 89% of parents reporting they watch TV together as a family, 74% in favor of anytime access to educational programming and 37% ranking PBS KIDS as the best use of family screen time. (Maru/Matchbox, 2016)

3 minutes ago, Beerman said:

You guys are also thinking PBS is strictly for kids. It's not, they have other programs geared towards adults. PBS kids is just the most well known.

Look at how successful Downton Abbey is.

12 minutes ago, Ironic said:

But over time, if you cut more and more things, it will all eventually add up. Why fund something that no one even watches anymore? That could be a claim someone who is for cutting PBS funding could say.

You can cut as many toenails as you like, it's not going to do much to help you lose weight.

so there are some stats with decent viewership. Cool. I was wrong about the viewer numbers, although in all the many places I have lived, I've never met someone who watches PBS. I stand by what i said.

First, if your family thinks TV time is family time, well, just think about that... For me family time is a walk, bike ride, car drive to look at nature. Aside from the car drive this shit is free, it's also "quality" time.

I do not support dumping a kid in front of a TV, and I shouldn't have to. If I feel the inclination to donate to PBS, that's my choice. Don't force people to donate to shit they don't support. The federal government should never have forced that on us to begin with.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Darren said:

@driz and @Ironic, PBS actually has some decent viewership ratings, so idk what you guys are spouting.

From their overview page http://www.pbs.org/about/about-pbs/overview/:

Strong On-Air Reach Across America

• Over the course of a year, 82% of all U.S. television households - and 200 million people - watch PBS. The demographic breakdown of PBS' full-day audience reflects the overall U.S. population with respect to race/ethnicity, education and income. (Nielsen NPower, 9/21/2015-9/18/2016)

• Each month, over 95 million people watch their local PBS stations. (Nielsen NPower, 10/2015-9/2016)

• PBS averaged a 1.43 primetime household rating during the 2015-'16 season, ranking it the #6 broadcast and cable network. (Nielsen NPower, 9/21/2015-9/18/2016)

• PBS' primetime household audience is significantly larger than many commercial channels, including A&E (PBS' audience is 156% larger), TLC (120%), TLC (138%), Bravo (123%), Discovery Channel (53%) and HGTV (36%). (Nielsen NPower, 9/21/2015-9/18/2016)

• 68% of all kids age two to eight watched PBS during the 2015-'16 season. (Nielsen NPower, 9/21/2015-9/18/2016)

• PBS stations reach more kids age two to five, more moms with young children and more children from low-income families than any other kids TV network. (Nielsen NPower, 9/21/15-9/18/16, L+7 M-Su 6A-6A TP reach. K2-5, LOHw/C<6, K2-11w/Inc<$20K. PBS, DSNY, NICK, DSNYJr, NICKJr., SPRT, TOON & DISCFam)

• A national study of parents with children ages 2-6 found TV viewing is one of the top ways that families spend time together, with 89% of parents reporting they watch TV together as a family, 74% in favor of anytime access to educational programming and 37% ranking PBS KIDS as the best use of family screen time. (Maru/Matchbox, 2016)

And there ya go. That's the proof I was asking for. Thanks, Darren. Maybe America should keep funding PBS. Like I stated, I'm neither for or against it being funded by federal money. Just because I never see my little cousins watching it, doesn't mean other people might not.

@Travesty, please take notes. This is how you give proof to your claim, instead of just saying shit like:

8 minutes ago, Travesty said:

You can cut as many toenails as you like, it's not going to do much to help you lose weight.

6 minutes ago, driz said:

First, if your family thinks TV time is family time, well, just think about that... For me family time is a walk, bike ride, car drive to look at nature. Aside from the car drive this shit is free, it's also "quality" time.

I do not support dumping a kid in front of a TV, and I shouldn't have to. If I feel the inclination to donate to PBS, that's my choice. Don't force people to donate to shit they don't support. The federal government should never have forced that on us to begin with.

Not in my backyard!

7 minutes ago, Ironic said:

@Travesty, please take notes. This is how you give proof to your claim, instead of just saying shit like:

What claims do you think I was making? lmao. What proof did I need to provide? haha

5 minutes ago, Travesty said:

What claims do you think I was making? lmao. What proof did I need to provide? haha

I asked "Why should people fund something that no one watches anymore?"

Then your amazing response to my whole paragraph:

18 minutes ago, Travesty said:

3 minutes ago, Ironic said:

I asked "Why should people fund something that no one watches anymore?"

Then your amazing response to my whole paragraph:

I was responding to this: "But over time, if you cut more and more things, it will all eventually add up"

I could have given you a Let Me Google That For You link... but I thought, what's the point?

3 minutes ago, Rune said:

It's always nice to see people arguing over something that no one here is actually committed to doing anything about.

It's a great way to pass time. Internet warriors! It's about proving you're right over some stranger behind a computer screen!

5 minutes ago, Rune said:

It's always nice to see people arguing over something that no one here is actually committed to doing anything about.

4 minutes ago, Travesty said:

It's a great way to pass time. Internet warriors! It's about proving you're right over some stranger behind a computer screen!

Like we all have anything better do with our lives anyway!

Image result for funny gif

54 minutes ago, driz said:

Don't force people to donate to shit they don't support.

Are you saying that people shouldn't be taxed? Or that taxes shouldn't go to programs that aren't unanimously supported (e.g., none)?

10 minutes ago, Darren said:

Are you saying that people shouldn't be taxed? Or that taxes shouldn't go to programs that aren't unanimously supported (e.g., none)?

i clearly said something, do you need clarification due to poor American education?

People shouldn't be forced to donate to a charity if they do not choose to. If you want to donate to PBS, they have many different methods of accepting a donation. It is not the place of the federal government to dictate which charities get my money.  I'm completely fine with our taxes going towards federal programs although I may disagree with some of them. PBS is not a federal program, it's a charity/non-profit organization.

I hate having to get hostile with you kids but fuck, learn to read.

38 minutes ago, Travesty said:

Radical Christian Terrorism

https://thinkprogress.org/islamic-center-of-victoria-fire-8a683f632a7a#.xz4tgcdok

Hours after Trump signs Muslim ban, Texas mosque goes up in flames

it's pretty shitty that the muslims burned their mosque down in order to try and prove a point. sadly for them, it will not reverse the decision and now they've lost their mosque. Same thing happened many times in iraq and aghanistan when they knew the US would pay to replace it. Welcome to America, hope you had insurance dumbfucks.

18 minutes ago, driz said:

it's pretty shitty that the muslims burned their mosque down in order to try and prove a point. sadly for them, it will not reverse the decision and now they've lost their mosque. Same thing happened many times in iraq and aghanistan when they knew the US would pay to replace it. Welcome to America, hope you had insurance dumbfucks.

#AlternativeFacts

25 minutes ago, Travesty said:

#AlternativeFacts

prove i'm wrong :P i have seen firsthand evidence that muslims will do this either to get new shit or to make a political statement. I've only heard from third party sources that americans do this. It makes a lot more sense that a ruling that prevents entry of their family members would encourage them to burn their own shit to try to stir up news (successfully) but for the racists who hate muslims, how exactly does this benefit them? it puts a negative light on the policy change... i only see one group that benefits.

to be fair, if someone said that a person gunned down a bunch of muslims (or any religion/race) i would definitely say, without pause, white americans did this.

setting an empty mosque on fire? nah.

30 minutes ago, driz said:

prove i'm wrong :P i have seen firsthand evidence that muslims will do this either to get new shit or to make a political statement. I've only heard from third party sources that americans do this. It makes a lot more sense that a ruling that prevents entry of their family members would encourage them to burn their own shit to try to stir up news (successfully) but for the racists who hate muslims, how exactly does this benefit them? it puts a negative light on the policy change... i only see one group that benefits.

to be fair, if someone said that a person gunned down a bunch of muslims (or any religion/race) i would definitely say, without pause, white americans did this.

setting an empty mosque on fire? nah.

I mean you definitely could be right. So far there are no theories or leads on the fire, we have to wait and see who did it.

1 hour ago, Travesty said:

Radical Christian Terrorism

https://thinkprogress.org/islamic-center-of-victoria-fire-8a683f632a7a#.xz4tgcdok

Hours after Trump signs Muslim ban, Texas mosque goes up in flames

Why won't Trump say the words  "Radical Christian Terrorism"?

25 minutes ago, driz said:

You're implying racists, people who believe certain races are superior to others, have the critical thinking abilities to realize what they're doing portrays them negatively.

Otherwise, Trump wouldn't have said Curiel's Mexican ancestry made him unqualified to oversee his Trump University case nor would Trump rallys be a thing.

3 minutes ago, JFK said:

Why won't Trump say the words  "Radical Christian Terrorism"?

Why won't he just say the words?!?! :D

4 minutes ago, JFK said:

You're implying racists, people who believe certain races are superior to others, have the critical thinking abilities to realize what they're doing portrays them negatively.

Another benefit to those racists burning it down, is that the people they hate no longer have that 'Gosh Darn Church..er Mosque.. er whatever those Arabs call it.'

3 minutes ago, driz said:

It is not the place of the federal government to dictate which charities get my money.

It's exactly the government's place to dictate where tax dollars go.

Sean hannity still hasn't followed up and gone through a waterboarding session. What a pussy

2 hours ago, driz said:

It's already has tens of thousands of dollars in donations for a replacement. Empathy is powerful. 

What source do you have that a Muslim did this? 

It's exactly the government's place to dictate where tax dollars go.

You're clearly young or stupid, I can't talk to you anymore... I have a moron threshold and you exceeded it

Sean hannity still hasn't followed up and gone through a waterboarding session. What a pussy

It's already has tens of thousands of dollars in donations for a replacement. Empathy is powerful. 

What source do you have that a Muslim did this? 

Experience in seeing this happen before, by Muslims and never before by non Muslims. That being said while it makes more sense for Muslims to do it, there is always the possibility I'm wrong, i just find it highly unlikely.

Staff: join my posts, who broke my auto join!

driz pls stay ur the only 1 who isnt retarded

I'm still here to save the idiots in sG