Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trav

I did try and fuck her. She was married…

31 minutes ago, Jodas said:

Literally the only reason he became president is because you fucking morons are using an outdated voting system. The majority of people voted for Hillary but because you are using the electoral college Trump won (+russians we all know it :lul:). 

Edit: I support accountability! (gotta make this a meme)

Great idea, let's just have 3 states from America decide the election every election.

Also, what Trav said. The electoral college is here for a reason. We have too many people that straight up only go and vote based upon what they read on fake news, and based on what their friends want, going out and voting. This eliminates that biased. I know you wouldn't know, being from such a small country.

If the United States abolishes the electoral college then why have states to begin with? State sovereignty would cease to exist if a popular vote decided our election. 

38 minutes ago, Triv said:

Uhuh. I didn't know allowing officials who actually know what they are doing decide who the President is, was outdated; as opposed to allowing people who get their news from Fox News and Facebook to decide. 

The electoral college was devised as a way to take the power of decision out of the hands of the 'mob'. Why that power should be in the hands of unelected political insiders is beyond me though - surely the better system would be for our elected representatives to cast that vote? That would ensure both the people and the states are protected. The EC protects neither. 

@Ironic under the EC, a candidate can potentially win with under a quarter of the states and under a third of the popular vote. It's unlikely but possible. Also, how does putting the power of decision into the hands of unelected political insiders eliminate bias? They have agendas like everyone else.

Uhuh. I didn't know allowing officials who actually know what they are doing decide who the President is, was outdated; as opposed to allowing people who get their news from Fox News and Facebook to decide. 

Does nobody fucking get it at this point already? She was going to fucking win from the start, and it took a massive amount of hacking and exposing to reveal to the people who their government was really trying to get into office! She is corrupt and was fucking exposed on enormous levels and that is why she lost. 

Yes, I want some woman who is protesting in D.C. right now holding a sign saying "This pussy grabs back" thinking shes really going to change anything,  to help REALLY decide who the President should be! ....Fuck off 

I doubt anybody here wanted Hillary as our president, but it astounds me that there are people that wanted trump

6 minutes ago, Beerman said:

I doubt anybody here wanted Hillary as our president, but it astounds me that there are people that wanted trump

Wanted just Trump, or just didn't want Hillary?

Trump was never my first choice. I just chose him over Hillary. Trump can be a disgrace sometimes, but it wasn't enough for me to vote Hillary over him. I just don't like how the media constantly bashes lies about Trump. Sure, Trump does some stupid stuff. But it's never as bad as how the media like to put EVERYTHING he does as "the worst thing ever!".

10 minutes ago, Darren said:

@Ironic under the EC, a candidate can potentially win with under a quarter of the states and under a third of the popular vote. It's unlikely but possible. Also, how does putting the power of decision into the hands of unelected political insiders eliminate bias? They have agendas like everyone else.

This election was proof of it. So many people voted for Hillary because of the "hateful things" Trump said to people that were taken out of context. The media literally ripped apart Trump piece by piece, but he still won. Why? Because all the electoral votes and people who voted for him didn't give into the media and their lies. 

If this was only popular vote, then the media would have won. But Trump proved a point, that the media isn't everything when trying to choose a candidate as President.

This election was proof of it. So many people voted for Hillary because of the "hateful things" Trump said to people that were taken out of context. The media literally ripped apart Trump piece by piece, but he still won. Why? Because all the electoral votes and people who voted for him didn't give into the media and their lies. 
If this was only popular vote, then the media would have won. But Trump proved a point, that the media isn't everything when trying to choose a candidate as President.

What was taken out of context? Calling illegal immigrants rapists or that you can grab women by the pussy if you're rich

12 minutes ago, Beerman said:

What was taken out of context? Calling illegal immigrants rapists or that you can grab women by the pussy if you're rich

Boo friggin hoo, illegal immigrants do come here, and commit crime such as rape and burglary. 

And who fucking cares that he talked about grabbing women by the pussy literally a decade ago or however long ago it was. This is about being the President of the United States not about who should be the special guest host of sesame street, people should grow some fucking balls and worry about his policies.

6 minutes ago, Ironic said:

That sounds like a convenience-factor though. "The people who voted Hillary did so because of media bias and the people who voted Trump saw through the lies and broke free of the system!".

Regardless, I didn't even argue in favor of direct democracy (aka popular vote). I argued in favor of elected representatives casting the votes. That solves the problem of not allowing a brainwashed public to decide everything whilst also keeping it democratic. The reason, I think, that the EC probably won't go away any time soon is that it protects politicians. By having a faceless elector cast the vote, instead of an elected official, political parties still have control of the result without putting their representatives on the hook for it.

Boo friggin hoo, illegal immigrants do come here, and commit crime such as rape and burglary. 

And who fucking cares that he talked about grabbing women by the pussy literally a decade ago or however long ago it was. This is about being the President of the United States not about who should be the special guest host of sesame street, people should grow some fucking balls and worry about his policies.

That's a different argument than saying it was taken out of context. Stay on topic chubby chaser. How were those statements taken out of context?

1 hour ago, Ironic said:

I know you wouldn't know, being from such a small country.

obviously you have no fucking clue how we vote here in Germany. http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/german-election-system-explained-a-923243.html

I am not saying the electoral college is a dump way of voting but your, electoral college voting system is fucking retarded. In your system if candidate A wins by 1 vote he/she gets all the votes/points from that state. Which shouldn´t be the case it should be percentage based.

2 hours ago, JFK said:

Surely you cannot be serious. 

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley. 

22 minutes ago, Jodas said:

obviously you have no fucking clue how we vote here in Germany. http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/german-election-system-explained-a-923243.html

I am not saying the electoral college is a dump way of voting but your, electoral college voting system is fucking retarded. In your system if candidate A wins by 1 vote he/she gets all the votes/points from that state. Which shouldn´t be the case it should be percentage based.

That's where we disagree. If candidate A wins the state vote by 1 vote, then heck yeah give them all of the points. That's the whole point of our system. Like it or not, that's how it is, and how it will be for now. 

33 minutes ago, Ironic said:

That's where we disagree. If candidate A wins the state vote by 1 vote, then heck yeah give them all of the points. That's the whole point of our system. Like it or not, that's how it is, and how it will be for now. 

You realize it means it shuts down the votes of almost half the country to the point they don't matter because if your state votes differently than you generally theres basically no point in you even trying to vote

20 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

You realize it means it shuts down the votes of almost half the country to the point they don't matter because if your state votes differently than you generally theres basically no point in you even trying to vote

But how do you know who your state is going to vote for? That's why you go out and vote anyway, because there's a chance your state could pick your candidate.

5 minutes ago, Zip said:

WHY ARE YOU GUYS STILL ARGUING 

Great question. I thought it would all be over after Trump won, but guess not. People can riot, protest, and complain all they want, but it won't do shit. 

22 minutes ago, Zip said:

WHY ARE YOU GUYS STILL ARGUING 

This is what I ask myself everyday.  Yes, the US had two completely shit candidates to run the country.  I couldn't stand both of them, but obviously one has to win.  I wanted Trump to win over Hillary, but I don't agree with everything he wants to do or everything he says.  I have been saying it on these forums since the day he was elected.  This country is divided af, but the only way to get past it is to get over it and accept the fact that he was elected the countries president.  Rioting in the streets and violent protests is a terrible way to voice your opinion and only endangers the others around them.  Not only that, but what do you expect these protests and riots to accomplish?  That they will cause Trump to realize he shouldn't be President?  It's useless at this point.  Time to move forward instead of continuing to move the country back.  If you think electing Trump is moving backwards, then that's your opinion and I completely respect that.  However, continuing to deny he is your president and smashing windows in the streets of D.C. is moving it backwards even more. 

1 hour ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

... You should move to Maine or Nebraska. 

Your vote will matter more there. 

16 minutes ago, fatb0y said:

... You should move to Maine or Nebraska. 

Your vote will matter more there. 

Posting in a fatb0y thread

4 minutes ago, sweetrock said:

Kill me please ty!

Quoting for posterity - if people stay this politically active for 4 years, i'll be more than pleased with the Trump presidency.

1 hour ago, Ironic said:

Great question. I thought it would all be over after Trump won, but guess not. People can riot, protest, and complain all they want, but it won't do shit. 

A couple times already you've implied that people should just shut up and go home now that Trump is POTUS, like there's no point to voicing an opinion anymore. The whole "Get over it" attitude baffles me. If anything, it should be the opposite: now that he's in the highest office of the land, criticism and ridicule should rain down harder than ever. 

8 minutes ago, Darren said:

A couple times already you've implied that people should just shut up and go home now that Trump is POTUS, like there's no point to voicing an opinion anymore. The whole "Get over it" attitude baffles me. If anything, it should be the opposite: now that he's in the highest office of the land, criticism and ridicule should rain down harder than ever. 

All I'm saying is that these riots and "protests" are getting out of hand. Peaceful protests, yeah sure, go ahead. Although, it's most likely not going to do shit, but if they want to waste their time, then go ahead. But this is the shit I can't stand:

Image result for trump protesters breaking windowsImage result for trump protesters breaking windows

And etc.