Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Booch

Making Admin more Fun and Wanted to Buy

I'm not complaining I just was wondering if admins could get more commands because admin is supposed to be fun to buy not just so we can be important to babysit the server. We don't even have commands that all that helpful only having 6 hour bans. If we are dead we can't tp people if they are stuck. I mean I feel like people would want to be admin if they could actually have commands that were fun not just so admins like me can babysit the server. 

Please don't hate me for saying this

~Thanks

12 minutes ago, Booch said:

I'm not complaining I just was wondering if admins could get more commands because admin is supposed to be fun to buy not just so we can be important to babysit the server. We don't even have commands that all that helpful only having 6 hour bans. If we are dead we can't tp people if they are stuck. I mean I feel like people would want to be admin if they could actually have commands that were fun not just so admins like me can babysit the server. 

Please don't hate me for saying this

~Thanks

Here read this...

3 minutes ago, Tyrone said:

Here read this...

We don't have a teleport command so once admins are dead the stuck people are either rdm'd alot or just stuck the rest of round.

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

We don't have a teleport command so once admins are dead the stuck people are either rdm'd alot or just stuck the rest of round.

Admin+ have blink access so.. when you are dead you could fly to the spot you wish to blink the guy and then blink him there.

3 minutes ago, Tyrone said:

Here read this...

This thread is in the Garry's Mod Division.

As far as "fun" commands go, we don't really want paidmins running around !blinding and !ragdolling people since it would get constantly abused, I can hardly trust some of them with !whip and !slap.  Also since you paid for your admin, you aren't required to actually "babysit" the server.  If you need an extension on a ban you can just get proof and post an extension request in the CD.

Thank you Avenger I was just asking 

3 minutes ago, Avenger said:

This thread is in the Garry's Mod Division.

As far as "fun" commands go, we don't really want paidmins running around !blinding and !ragdolling people since it would get constantly abused, I can hardly trust some of them with !whip and !slap.  Also since you paid for your admin, you aren't required to actually "babysit" the server.  If you need an extension on a ban you can just get proof and post an extension request in the CD.

5 minutes ago, ZachPL said:

Do you have the !bring command? It appears that you do and you should be able to use it while dead. @Booch

BAM!

and you know what? anyone getting stuck in teleport spots or doors and doesn't know how to take out their magneto stick to push out of another player deserves to die.

20 minutes ago, ZachPL said:

Do you have the !bring command? It appears that you do and you should be able to use it while dead. @Booch

I dont believe Paid Admin has ever been able to use the command while dead.

3 minutes ago, R1S3 said:

I dont believe Paid Admin has ever been able to use the command while dead.

He tested it a bit ago and was working so idk what was going on earlier.

1 hour ago, ZachPL said:

From what I remember, the command is weird. It wouldn't work whenever I do !bring while dead, but when I would right click on people's name in tab, and push "bring" that would work.

But really, the whole point of admin isn't too "have fun". While helping admin a server can be fun, you don't get to just mess with "fun commands" 24/7. You have admin to help admin the server, or choose not to since Paidmins aren't required to do anything. People don't buy admin to mess with commands.

I was just wondering because some commands would also make our lives easier but thanks everyone for clearing it all up for me. :)

We appreciate ideas to help us improve. With that being said, even though there are jokes of paidmins we have always seen admin subscriptions as donations which helps us keep things running. However we have to call it an admin subscriptions and not donation due to various issues.

Thanks for your sub as one time donations are really nice but subs are what keeps the lights on. 

I know a lot of servers gave skins out for being a paidmen not sure the status on that with gmod or the rules/regulations/how fucking hard it would be either. 

55 minutes ago, cookie eater said:

I know a lot of servers gave skins out for being a paidmen not sure the status on that with gmod or the rules/regulations/how fucking hard it would be either. 

pawnDAnoobs: "the paidmin skin guy is the traitor!"

BeeFCa|<e69: "only paidmin on is cookie"

cookie eater: "wasn't me"

BeeFCa|<e69: "get juan deaged fag"

21 hours ago, centran said:

pawnDAnoobs: "the paidmin skin guy is the traitor!"

BeeFCa|<e69: "only paidmin on is cookie"

cookie eater: "wasn't me"

BeeFCa|<e69: "get juan deaged fag"

xD yeah, that would be a problem i guess lol

6 hours ago, cookie eater said:

xD yeah, that would be a problem i guess lol

Well, I wasn't sure if this could mitigate or ameliorate the problem perhaps a little bit, but I was making the proposition that you can "toggle" that skin in the TTT menu whenever you want to exhibit publicly your privileged status as a donor/paidmin/SO/RO/Manager. It sounds a little stupid and unnecessary, but it can at least preclude such a scenario from happening all too widespread.

4 hours ago, ZachPL said:

Yeah I'm not doing skins, first of Ol the server is vanilla and that would require a downloading second it's completely unnecessary

Maybe do something more then the admins starting with a glock and smoke gernade