Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trav

Travesty - Ask Me Anything

2 minutes ago, R1S3 said:

Why do you PM me on discord and then not respond to my responses?

Because everything was fine and response not needed. Sometimes things are better left unsaid.

7 minutes ago, KiLLeR said:

What/who caused you to start gaming?

My Dad used to go down to internet cafes and play games like Doom and Duke Nukem. Eventually he bought his own PC when I was about 2 or 3 and he showed me those games. He was big into CS 1.3 and he showed us that too. Eventually my brothers and I started a LAN at our house with our 3 shitty PCs to play CS 1.5 and we would game against each other. After that I was hooked on Counter-Strike and played eventually made it to CAL-main in CS 1.6.

Fun fact: My brothers and I used to do clutch situations with 1v1 where we would have someone plant the bomb and you'd have to try and clutch against each. And that lead into splewis' inspiration for his retakes servers/plugin.

3 minutes ago, Travesty said:

Fun fact: My brothers and I used to do clutch situations with 1v1 where we would have someone plant the bomb and you'd have to try and clutch against each. And that lead into splewis' inspiration for his retakes servers/plugin.

wait splewis is your brother? O.o

2 minutes ago, KiLLeR said:

wait splewis is your brother? O.o

Nah I just eventually played that with him like I used to with my brothers back in the day. And he then made it into a useful, popular plugin for CS:GO.

I'm still waiting for my cheque xD

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

Have/will you ever visit Toronto?

Haven't. Would love to do a road trip with the gf. Her sister lives in MTL and going through TO would be a blast.

2 minutes ago, Travesty said:

Haven't. Would love to do a road trip with the gf. Her sister lives in MTL and going through TO would be a blast.

Hit me up if you ever do, we can go for a few drinks. ;) I promise not to take any organs like I did with Rayne.

Do you like maple syrup?

Why do you never respond when I ask how it's going?

Are you ever going to add me on Snapchat?

How pissed would you be if I showed up in Winnipeg? 

2 minutes ago, Grayson Levi said:

Do you like maple syrup?

Why do you never respond when I ask how it's going?

Are you ever going to add me on Snapchat?

How pissed would you be if I showed up in Winnipeg? 

Yes

Probably not - I'm not one for small talk. In fact, the disingenuous Good Morning, How are you? in the workplace can be a little annoying. So to waste time typing "good" seems disingenuous from me as well

No

Wouldn't be pissed but honestly probably wouldn't invite to hang out either because of how much older I am. Even though I think you're one cool duderino.

8 minutes ago, slyfox said:

what made you lose your virginity 

The feeling of being in love with a girl who actually had a boyfriend at the time. Being young and stupid helped with that.

Favourite sex position?!?!?

If you'd be a character in game of thrones who'd you be?

When's the last time you puked from alcohol?

Ass or tits?

2 hours ago, TurtleFrenzy said:

where does the inspiration for the sick travis knight dj beats come from

I listen to a lot of DJ sets from Europe. They really are in a different world of electronic music compared to North America. I started listening to DJs like Ben UFO, Joy Orbison and Four Tet. Their sets were diverse and felt like a journey anytime you listen to the music they shared. Never once did I really know what a track was when they played it. I eventually started tracking down the artists of the tracks and started doing my own DJ sets with my collection of music. Eventually my collection of different, weird and emotional music got bigger and bigger. I loved how new the music felt and more and more is produced today. After I had an incredible experience at a club called Berghain in Berlin back in 2014, I knew that this music was for me. It made me feel alive and also gave some meaning to my life in a way as cliché as that sounds. The club opened up at 12am on Saturday where I waited an hour in line and I ended up staying until 11am, taking a cab home, getting some rest, shower and then come back for some more music at 4pm until close on Sunday morning. From that moment on I knew I was hooked to these types of tunes and I continue to discover to this day. 

I recently went to Amsterdam and attended Dekmantel festival . If you liked any tracks in my mix, be sure to listen to the Dekmantel Podcast, which has the best unique DJs at the moment doing mixes for them. The Four Tet live recording is something special. 

1 hour ago, xmen said:

Favourite sex position?!?!?

If you'd be a character in game of thrones who'd you be?

When's the last time you puked from alcohol?

Ass or tits?

Doggy style

I'd probably be a Jamie. Has good intentions but people have a bad opinion of him. 

Puked last years work Xmas party. This year's one is this Friday. I hope I don't feel as sick as I did last time but...  Free drinks. 

I'm an ass man. 

9 minutes ago, Bloodhound said:

Weirdest place you've jerked it at

Probably at a restaurant bathroom during a road trip. Didn't have time to do it on my own and it needed to be done. Quick and easy. 

It wasn't a private one either. I just had a stall and a hope that no one would come in.