Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gerald

2016 Presidential Election: The Year Memes Came True

3 minutes ago, CDNDakota said:

Is anybody actually surprised that Trump won?

I'm not but yes there are a lot of people that are, some seem to think it was impossible.

1 hour ago, CDNDakota said:

Is anybody actually surprised that Trump won?

I am leaving the continent as we speak 

What's done is done and for people worried about Trump being president, there isn't anything you can do other than continue to be you.  Be the best you can be and hope he isn't as bad as many people believe he will be.  Give this guy a chance and see how everything turns out.  Only thing you can do is be positive in this point in time.   Negativity won't help the country right now.  Sorry for the preaching but I'm tired of seeing the "He's not MY President" pictures on social media.

2 minutes ago, Couls said:

What's done is done and for people worried about Trump being president, there isn't anything you can do other than continue to be you.  Be the best you can be and hope he isn't as bad as many people believe he will be.  Give this guy a chance and see how everything turns out.  Only thing you can do is be positive in this point in time.   Negativity won't help the country right now.  Sorry for the preaching but I'm tired of seeing the "He's not MY President" pictures on social media.

Literally Trump was yelling the election was rigged but theres more evidence it was rigged for him. I won't support someone thats trying to take rights away from people I call friends.

3 minutes ago, Couls said:

To be fair 

HE ISN'T MY PRESIDENT AND NEVER WILL BE. 

ty

3 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

Literally Trump was yelling the election was rigged but theres more evidence it was rigged for him. I won't support someone thats trying to take rights away from people I call friends.

We will see what he does and doesn't do, but this is the problem within our country today.  While I agree that the electoral college is outdated and needs to be replaced, he is our president.  I personally don't believe half the stuff he says will actually happen.  We are too divided as a country and eventually we are going to have to come together or its going to continue to go to shit.  I personally did not vote for him, but it's over now.  Only thing you can do is push on.

2 minutes ago, Couls said:

We will see what he does and doesn't do, but this is the problem within our country today.  While I agree that the electoral college is outdated and needs to be replaced, he is our president.  I personally don't believe half the stuff he says will actually happen.  We are too divided as a country and eventually we are going to have to come together or its going to continue to go to shit.  I personally did not vote for him, but it's over now.  Only thing you can do is push on.

We're now a one party nation. He has a blank check now. He does not have to do anything his congress and supreme court will

2 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

We're now a one party nation. He has a blank check now. He does not have to do anything his congress and supreme court will

He is going to have to work more towards the middle or it is going to go to shit.  It worries me that the Republicans control every single branch.  That doesn't seem healthy to me at all.  Let's just hope he truly wants to unify the country and wants to help everyone.

7 minutes ago, Couls said:

He is going to have to work more towards the middle or it is going to go to shit.  It worries me that the Republicans control every single branch.  That doesn't seem healthy to me at all.  Let's just hope he truly wants to unify the country and wants to help everyone.

This was always an ego trip. Hes handing the country over to the Tea party. American democracy is no longer democracy anymore when conservatives have full control over the entire government

27 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

This was always an ego trip. Hes handing the country over to the Tea party. American democracy is no longer democracy anymore when conservatives have full control over the entire government

Considering the electoral college, the USA really never was a democracy, it has democratic characteristics.  If it was a true democracy the poeple would vote on every issue brought up, not just people to represent them.

9 minutes ago, Revöker said:

Considering the electoral college, the USA really never was a democracy, it has democratic characteristics.  If it was a true democracy the poeple would vote on every issue brought up, not just people to represent them.

A true democracy has people that represent you to do that vote for you. Choosing the right leaders to speak for the masses.

Having everyone vote on every issue would be a lot of work and money.

3 minutes ago, Travesty said:

A true democracy has people that represent you to do that vote for you. Choosing the right leaders to speak for the masses.

Having everyone vote on every issue would be a lot of work and money.

Yes it would be really hard and a lot of money, but that would be a true democracy.  Because of the difficulty and money involved is the reason why we opt for representation instead of direct voting.

PUTIN READY AND WILLING TO RESTORE RELATIONS WITH USA AFTER TRUMP'S TRIUMPH.

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYY

1 hour ago, CDNDakota said:

@Jodas you're right he isn't our president #Canada :)

he isnt talking about canada

not only did the canadian immigration sites crash as soon as trump was elected

but the only leader @Jodas supports is the fuhrer

6 hours ago, Leeroy said:

Wasn't Electoral vote a thing because the poulation wasnt as informed or smart back then?

Since when has this changed

6 hours ago, Travesty said:

That should be why you vote for the electorate in your area to represent you. But if a person wins more total votes in the entire country, you'd think they should become President.

Trust me Canada understands that with our highly dense areas over lower populated sparse areas.

Believe it or not, that IS how you vote. When you vote for your "candidate" you are actually casting a vote for someone that will support said candidate.

https://www.archives.gov/federal-register/electoral-college/electors.html#selection

Here, that article can explain things far better than I can.