Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

< FoxCom >

CS:GO Worth It?

Now obviously the game is old, but I'm curious if its worth it to get it. I've heard its a lot of fun, but there are so many pros and hackers by now I'm dubious about if it'll be any fun for a n00b. Thoughts?

27 minutes ago, Zip said:

Yes 

Agreed

23 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

when u need them 25 posts real quick

^He is stupid

18 minutes ago, Bite said:

reg sucks. not worth

And him too^

1 minute ago, Tacky said:

Agreed

^He is stupid

And him too^

watch yo mouth young blood.

Bites trash

Defintley worth it been playin since source and cant seem to stay away 

Yes. The regular game has a steep learning curve (which I still haven't gotten over) and the community server game modes are very fun.

All matter of preference, we can say it's a good game, but you'll never experience it for yourself until you try it. I know there's a way on steam where if you haven't played so many hours and/or days then you can return it to get your money back. As for me, even though I curse at this game, it still brings me back to play more.

7 hours ago, Leeroy said:

Be quiet noofag.

CSGO is definitely worth the purchase. I understand your mindset of joining an online game so far along, but honestly the pub players on CSGO are still garbage... hell, I've been playing the CS games for over 10 years now and I still struggle to get headshots on the regular!

Besides, as you're obviously planning on playing with us in the future, our modded servers don't really focus on skill that much. For example...

JB: Full of children, cancerous, plague ridden children... all you do is play ring around the rosey and eye spy. No game skill needed.

ZE: You run away from zombies, hold strategic and pre-placed points in the map, usually with quite a few people telling you where to stop and defend etc. A little bit of aim would be good, purely to stay alive a little longer, but if you stick with the pack on a good round... you'll be 'fine'.

Minigames: Maybe a bit of experience is needed for some of the games in here, bunny hopping etc. But still a really fun server which you can enjoy no matter what your skill level.

TTTGO: I won't comment too much as I don't fully understand the mod and gameplay but again, unless you're a traitor planning on murdering everybody with no stealth... you don't really need to aim.

War3: This server will destroy you. It's amazing, by far our best server in terms of content and different races... but the players, the speed of some of the races, the invis... I highly suggest you get on this server, purely for the mod itself, but you will get decimated if you don't practice a little.

(EDIT) I totally forgot Climb!: You climb!

(EDIT 2) I also totally forgot one of my favorite servers! Surf!: A very fun game mod where you literally surf skewed (right?) platforms. You level up like an RPG game by killing players, allowing you to level up traits such as extra health or longjump, very similar to War3. But again, you'll start off taking a lot of deaths, even as an experiences player, because there are so many high levels on the server and it's a little OP against new players. But still, highly recommended.

Hope this helps. Avoid JB, it sucks.

On 10/3/2016 at 6:58 PM, Leeroy said:

No need to say the obvious out loud :P

18 hours ago, Rayne said:

JB: Full of children, cancerous, plague ridden children... all you do is play ring around the rosey and Eye Spy. No game skill needed.

The way I think of JB and how sG plays it: Simon Says with many overlapping rules with rule enforcement varying based on the admin/SO that happens to be online. It's not for me but I understand that a lot of younger players on sG like it a lot because the warden gets to tell people what to do.

ZE: You run away from zombies, hold strategic and pre-placed points in the map, usually with quite a few people telling you where to stop and defend etc. A little bit of aim would be good, purely to stay alive a little longer, but if you stick with the pack on a good round... you'll be 'fine'.

It's fun. If you listen to the most experienced players when they say "defend" and "fall back" you should either be fine or not be fine. It really depends on the players online at the time. Because of various recent balancing changes it's not exactly the server I joined so I play less, but it's still good.

Minigames: Maybe a bit of experience is needed for some of the games in here, bunny hopping etc. But still a really fun server which you can enjoy no matter what your skill level.

Yeah, though you do end up learning a lot of mechanics as a result. I learned how to strafe, bunny hop, and surf on this server. The best way to get a feel for CS: GO is at the mechanics' extremes, which MG offers.

TTTGO: I won't comment too much as I don't fully understand the mod and gameplay but again, unless you're a traitor planning on murdering everybody with no stealth... you don't really need to aim.

I haven't touched it, but from what I can tell, it's Mafia or Werewolf with guns.

War3: This server will destroy you. It's amazing, by far our best server in terms of content and different races... but the players, the speed of some of the races, the invis... I highly suggest you get on this server, purely for the mod itself, but you will get decimated if you don't practice a little.

Probably true. I don't play it because of this stuff I hear. I'd like to keep at least some spare time in my life.

I also totally forgot one of my favorite servers! Surf!: A very fun game mod where you literally surf skewed (right?) platforms. You level up like an RPG game by killing players, allowing you to level up traits such as extra health or longjump

How could you :c
We're not some sort of CZ75-Auto pistol to be thrown aside when any other weapon comes along.

Well this guy clearly was just after the post count as he's not even looked back at this topic since creating it.

Muggins over here, putting together a lovely list of our servers to help his decision.

There arent very many hackers. A lot of people have a hard time getting used to the aiming system. There's a good tactical aspect to competitive play.