Sign in to follow this  
Rayne

Minecraft Pokemon

Had a long spout on Pixelmon with Zed last night and I must say, this is by far the most fun I've had on a game in longer than I can remember.

If I wasn't such a plonker, set up takes minutes, even if you don't have Minecraft installed. Providing you have 64x bit Java (oops). And was extremely easy to join a server.

I HIGHLY recommend this for any Pokemon enthusiasts we have, or even people who have yet to be enthusiasts, it's a really fun mod.

I'll edit this post later to include the server name we were playing on, if anybody joins in, it would make sense if we all went on the same server!

Let me know if you fancy joining, I got my Charizard last night and could have happily flown around for hours!

wiq2is.png

We're playing on Oblique.

Edited by Rayne

@Swed @Sith

I'll be on around 6:30/7:00pm GMT tonight. I'll talk you through the set up and connection to server.

Might even be in a good mood and let you boost your new Pokemon on my level 38 Charizard ;).

17 hours ago, Rayne said:

@Swed @Sith

I'll be on around 6:30/7:00pm GMT tonight. I'll talk you through the set up and connection to server.

Might even be in a good mood and let you boost your new Pokemon on my level 38 Charizard ;).

You knob, thats like 3am.

See you then :3

5 hours ago, Swed said:

You knob, thats like 3am.

See you then :3

What time zone are you in?! I thought you were 5-8 hours behind me, not a head?

11 hours ago, Rayne said:

What time zone are you in?! I thought you were 5-8 hours behind me, not a head?

I had it backwards. I was on with Zed, where were you britfag?

14 hours ago, Swed said:

I had it backwards. I was on with Zed, where were you britfag?

I'll be on today at some point, totally forgot I had a raid on WoW, Thursday evening xD. Oops!

2 minutes ago, Rayne said:

I'll be on today at some point, totally forgot I had a raid on WoW, Thursday evening xD. Oops!

Im on now if you have time

3 minutes ago, Swed said:

Im on now if you have time

Just about to drive my girlfriend to the airport, should be back in about 3 hours, ish.

3 minutes ago, Rayne said:

Just about to drive my girlfriend to the airport, should be back in about 3 hours, ish.

Ill be asleep by then, and this is probably my last chance for the next 2 weeks, see you then!

Just now, Swed said:

Ill be asleep by then, and this is probably my last chance for the next 2 weeks, see you then!

I'm counting down the two weeks <3

6 hours ago, Rayne said:

I don't know man but I'm on ts, playing Pixelmon right now.

Played pixelmon with him ,@Chewy , and @Cat-o. Had a lot of fun spending time with them while playing the game as well

Update:

Currently, we've set up a SyndicateGamers base of operations in our current server "Oblique". I've gone a head and built all available Pixelmon machines, including a heal station, Poke Computer, trade station, fossil cleaner and fossil hatching unit.

We are completely set up with, currently, 7 players in our community (including my housemate). All of us are having an amazing time.

However, there is a slight issue with lag at peak times on this server. It seems they've upped their player cap from 50, to 100, without having the hardware to suit. During this time the server is a bit of a pain in the arse to do anything on, it's still playable, but can be annoying.

I've BRIEFLY (please understand the entirety of this word) spoken to @Jason about this, who is going to have a look at the mod. It would, without a doubt, be a massive improvement on gameplay, if we could source our very own box. I've sent an email to the creator of the server, to try and find out the requirements for a decent box of say, 50-100 players (I can't imagine we'd ever need more). Hopefully I'll have an answer to that this week to give us an idea of what we need, should this ever take flight.

EDIT: Also, there seems to be a much larger user base, compared to available servers, so players wouldn't be an issue!

@Eddy @ctark And any other engineers, managers etc who have any ideas that could help me here, I'd be greatly appreciative of a PM.

Tl;DR, this Mod is the shit, and I'd happily play this forever.

Edited by Rayne

I actually really had fun with this mod. I was skeptical at first and I don't know a thing about minecraft, but this was easy to learn and teach.

P.S. Don't stand next to a flame pit near Rayne. Next time he tries, I'm whooping his Charizard's ass.

Edited by Chewy

I've played Pixelmod a bit in the past and always had a good time with it. Playing with friends of course makes the experience better and more worthwhile.

It's a nice change of pace from regular minecraft and I personally would love to see sG host a small little server if other staff and Jason would be willing to.

12 hours ago, Chewy said:

I actually really had fun with this mod. I was skeptical at first and I don't know a thing about minecraft, but this was easy to learn and teach.

P.S. Don't stand next to a flame pit near Rayne. Next time he tries, I'm whooping his Charizard's ass.

My Charizard is unstoppable, don't lie to yourself ;) Wait until you see the moves my Aerodactly has now too!

10 hours ago, Jeff The Flying Shark said:

I've played Pixelmod a bit in the past and always had a good time with it. Playing with friends of course makes the experience better and more worthwhile.

It's a nice change of pace from regular minecraft and I personally would love to see sG host a small little server if other staff and Jason would be willing to.

So happy I have my black Jesus/Barry White stand in, playing with us now!

@Leeroy @Chewy @Jeff The Flying Shark

You guys have left me, Swed and Zed alone on this server for the last few days, I'm thinking about building a big connect 4 / snakes and ladders game in our base. Giving us a little more to do in the game when we're not hunting for pocket monsters.

Could really use your help gathering materials this evening. I'll be on at about 6pm GMT to start making a list of what I need.

Edited by Rayne

7 hours ago, Rayne said:

You guys have left me and Zed alone on this server for the last few days, I'm thinking about building a big connect 4 / snakes and ladders game in our base. Giving us a little more to do in the game when we're not hunting for pocket monsters.

Could really use your help gathering materials this evening. I'll be on at about 6pm GMT to start making a list of what I need.

Wow hurt. I see how it is you cunt.

26 minutes ago, Swed said:

Wow hurt. I see how it is you cunt.

Totally thought I included you in the 'left us alone part'.

Edited!

Specifically remember sniggering that Swed and Zed rhymed. Oops.

Edited by Rayne

15 hours ago, Rayne said:

You guys have left me, Swed and Zed alone on this server for the last few days, I'm thinking about building a big connect 4 / snakes and ladders game in our base. Giving us a little more to do in the game when we're not hunting for pocket monsters.

I dont come on if no one else is on. What time to u usually get on (america time pls)

Edited by Leeroy
420 posts ayy lmao puff