Sign in to follow this  
Rayne

Minecraft Pokemon

Hi guys, considering I've not actually been gaming in god knows how long, I have actually been watching a lot of gaming on YouTube. The old achievment hunter vid's etc. I came across one yesterday which really peaked my interest, and if it works, could be a great addition to our community (I hope).

For all you Pokebuffs out there, this looks amazing.

If it's not up to sG potential, if anybody fancies finding a server with me, I'll be all over it.

I was just so impressed with the mod itself, not even the actual Pokemon... the fighting simulation is choppy but great in comparison to the GameBoy games, the free roaming monster combat... you can even ride some of the flying Pokemon!

I don't know if this is edittable either, if so there is lots of things we could add to make it unique. Think this could be a really great server to play with a lot of people, a roaming MMO style Pokemon game is something I've wanted since I was a kid!

4 minutes ago, Rayne said:

I don't know if this is edittable either, if so there is lots of things we could add to make it unique. Think this could be a really great server to play with a lot of people, a roaming MMO style Pokemon game is something I've wanted since I was a kid!

In all honestly, we really wouldn't need to add anything to the mod. I know of currently running Pixelmon servers that dont have any additions other than the map, which we could make. I do believe that there are plenty of Pokemon to keep us distracted for a while at least. (By the way, I'm a huge fan of AH/LP.)

11 minutes ago, R1S3 said:

In all honestly, we really wouldn't need to add anything to the mod. I know of currently running Pixelmon servers that dont have any additions other than the map, which we could make. I do believe that there are plenty of Pokemon to keep us distracted for a while at least. (By the way, I'm a huge fan of AH/LP.)

No I don't think I'd change anything either, just in case it ever came up or got a little tedious after a year or two! Making the map is a great idea, I didn't even consider that.

From what I heard in the Acheivement Hunter video, there are 700+ Pokemon included in the game, with special drops which lead you to the Legendary Pokemon.

(I'm glad somebody else is, at the minute I prefer watching them play games, than me playing the game myself!)

EDIT: Correction sorry, almost 300 Pokemon, 294 to be exact. I've just had a look on the website, will see what else I can find out about it.

Edited by Rayne

2 minutes ago, Rayne said:

No I don't think I'd change anything either, just in case it ever came up or got a little tedious after a year or two! Making the map is a great idea, I didn't even consider that.

From what I heard in the Acheivement Hunter video, there are 700+ Pokemon included in the game, with special drops which lead you to the Legendary Pokemon.

(I'm glad somebody else is, at the minute I prefer watching them play games, than me playing the game myself!)

This is, in all honestly, a terrific idea and would love to see this implemented if based gods would like to make this possible.

The map, as far as were concerned, could be sG themed. The different gyms possibly based off of the different servers? Just an idea.

(Same here. Lots of fun watching those assholes.)

3 hours ago, R1S3 said:

This is, in all honestly, a terrific idea and would love to see this implemented if based gods would like to make this possible.

The map, as far as were concerned, could be sG themed. The different gyms possibly based off of the different servers? Just an idea.

(Same here. Lots of fun watching those assholes.)

I LOVE YOU GUYS, AH/LP IS FUCKING AMAZING.

Looks like a lot of fun! I would definitely play if there was an sG server

I'd be down to host 24/7. I used to run servers all the time and would be fine hosting and configuring the server! Skype: the1andonly999

7 hours ago, Sportsteen583 said:

It's a cool mod, though I wonder the amount of resources it would eat on the server box.

My guess is an assload.

Not much if it is just the one mod. ~1 GB. You could even get away with less

Edit: ~1 GB for like 0-10 players, more for however many players are on. When I hosted this type of server a while back, 1 GB was enough for 10 players, not sure how many it can hold though

Edited by TheLJH

I've played on a few pixelmon servers when the mod was a lot younger and I always enjoyed it a lot. I'd be down to play if we got a server up and running, like a lot of people have said I feel like just the mod would be enough to keep a majority entertained while some people worked on actually making the map into a real map.

I've played pixelmon and I have to say that that it is pretty fun. It would make a great minecraft server, but keeping a minecraft server up with plugins and a lot of player slots is pretty expensive though.

Edited by Sponsored
spelling is trash

23 hours ago, TheLJH said:

Looks like a lot of fun! I would definitely play if there was an sG server

I'd be down to host 24/7. I used to run servers all the time and would be fine hosting and configuring the server! Skype: the1andonly999

Not much if it is just the one mod. ~1 GB. You could even get away with less

Edit: ~1 GB for like 0-10 players, more for however many players are on. When I hosted this type of server a while back, 1 GB was enough for 10 players, not sure how many it can hold though

yeah but I'm sure we wouldn't just have one mod.

3 minutes ago, cookie eater said:

yeah but I'm sure we wouldn't just have one mod.

True, but for just a basic pixlemon with essentials for bukkit, and playshops, then it is still very low server usage. I've run 300 mod servers with 4gb of ram so it doesn't take that much. I doubt that if the server has <10 mods, then it shouldn't take much room.

Edited by TheLJH

23 hours ago, TheLJH said:

True, but for just a basic pixlemon with essentials for bukkit, and playshops, then it is still very low server usage. I've run 300 mod servers with 4gb of ram so it doesn't take that much. I doubt that if the server has <10 mods, then it shouldn't take much room.

It'd really be more of a fact of how many people you have on at one time, running all those mods. But we'd have veinminer right :)