Sign in to follow this  
TheWaffler

So I was playing on the Gmod TTT server yesterday evening when I recieved a 60 minute Karma ban. I was the only admin on at the time and I received a message from a friend that after I had been temporarily banned the entire server went berserk. People began RDMing and mic spamming. I am making this thread because I feel that admins and SO's should not be able to be karma banned. Please note that my karma DID NOT plunge down in one day. As you may know, karma tides over and doesn't go up when you're away. I had not been playing the game for a while and came back with about 700 karma. Typically in TTT there are quite a few people doing traitorous acts (Like walking over an unIDed body, or calling a false KOSes, or even killing an innocent). Unfortunately, these people can sometimes be innocent, so killing them for doing a traitorous act lowers your karma. Killing people for traitorous acts led me to being banned for a short amount of time. I believe that karma DOES have some benefits, but quite a few cons. Therefore, I believe that admins and SO's, trusted players, should not be affected by karma. They have a good knowledge of the rules and guidelines for the server, and can be trusted with this immunity. I case they do RDM, they can slay or add an auto slay to themselves.

Thank you.

Edited by TheWaffler

Your fault for get karma banned.

If you know your karma was low, just let someone kill you rather than risk to get karma banned.

If someone T baiting then let someone else kill for you.

Edited by krony

Really isn't an excuse for being karma banned. If your karma is low enough to wear you might be concerned about getting banned then just let a T kill you or jump in lava. BTW you can always message another admin or SO if something like that happens.

31 minutes ago, Jiffy said:

damn, i got really excited when i saw the title, but it's just gmod stuff :(

hehe xd

I don't think that is good a good idea.. If this happenWaffler, it your fault that you get your self karma ban and also why don't you tell your friend get the ID's of the RDMer and like troller and stuff with screenshot. After that he can give you the stuff... and Request ban on sGjoin.net Forums on the RDMer and Staff will take care of it :)

Edited by Raaga

1 hour ago, DMODW said:

admins/so's/staff should not be affected by karma? 
can we not be affected by slays/ bans too?

ily waffle <3

They should be affected by karma, because after all, karma is what the in game damage system is based off of. At 1000 karma, you deal full damage. Once you lose karma, damage reduction steps in.

Also going off of @DMODW not wanting to be affected by slays and bans, correct me if I'm wrong, but level 2 clan members have level one admin immunity, but I'll double check that.

Member Level 2

Requirements:

• One year clan tenure.
  • 500 forum post count minimum.
  • 200 hour minimum requirement on our servers.
  • 10 referrals from Level 2 Members and above.
  • No voting, but application with be submitted and approved by staff.

Perks:

• Ability to wear sG | and [L2] tags.
  • Ability to refer Recruits.
  • Basic Admin
  • Admin Immunity Level: 1
Edited by gca
Level two members have the basic immunity not level four

2 hours ago, DMODW said:

admins/so's/staff should not be affected by karma? 
can we not be affected by slays/ bans too?

ily waffle <3

1 hour ago, gca said:

They should be affected by karma, because after all, karma is what the in game damage system is based off of. At 1000 karma, you deal full damage. Once you lose karma, damage reduction steps in.

Also going off of @DMODW not wanting to be affected by slays and bans, correct me if I'm wrong, but level 2 clan members have level one admin immunity, but I'll double check that.

Member Level 2

Requirements:

• One year clan tenure.
  • 500 forum post count minimum.
  • 200 hour minimum requirement on our servers.
  • 10 referrals from Level 2 Members and above.
  • No voting, but application with be submitted and approved by staff.

Perks:

• Ability to wear sG | and [L2] tags.
  • Ability to refer Recruits.
  • Basic Admin
  • Admin Immunity Level: 1

we shall train you to understand sarcasm in time young padawan

ily gca <3

If you see your karma getting low, just take a few round break.

Just play on your phone or something whenever you aren't having to deal with a report. 

I've been karma banned a few times, and heck I've even witnessed @centran get karma banned, but it's really not that hard to keep your karma in check.

I can see Staff not being affected by karma, and heck maybe even SO's, but Admins (Paidmins), heck no!

8 minutes ago, Ironic said:

If you see your karma getting low, just take a few round break.

Just play on your phone or something whenever you aren't having to deal with a report. 

I've been karma banned a few times, and heck I've even witnessed @centran get karma banned, but it's really not that hard to keep your karma in check.

I can see Staff not being affected by karma, and heck maybe even SO's, but Admins (Paidmins), heck no!

to be honest, karma should affect everyone, despite your rank in the server, so's staff and admins alike, 

to think that one person could not be affected by a part of the game whilst you are is absurd, breeds envy,
besides, karma only affects players who think too fast or act too soon.
cough meddling waffle cough 
ily waffle <3

3 hours ago, ZachPL said:

It's really not hard to not be banned by karma, if you are being banned for it and not actively breaking the rules with something like c4 roulette you are doing something wrong.

Psssssssshhhh, nothing wrong with setting a 10 min c4 as an inno...

2 hours ago, gca said:

Level 2 members dont have gmod admin, nor should they (pretty much all levels don't have any gmod admin).

Also, I've killed plenty of innos for baiting before, yet I've never been karma banned, git gud.

1 hour ago, Sandy said:

Level 2 members dont have gmod admin, nor should they (pretty much all levels don't have any gmod admin).

Also, I've killed plenty of innos for baiting before, yet I've never been karma banned, git gud.

L4's dont have gmod admin ^_^

I kill all i see t baiting, being stupid , etc...

never been karma banned before...

Actually, once there was a bug in TTTGO that never increased karma, and i got banned for it. lol

I've been banned from having low karma one time, and it was intentional. Its pretty hard to get karma banned normally if you check to see how much karma you have at the start of each round.

1 hour ago, cookie eater said:

L4's dont have gmod admin ^_^

They actually do now. ROFL convinced Zach to let them have admin, so you guys do now.