Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thunderbolt

Real-world careers/jobs/passions?

53 minutes ago, Sean said:

You're telling me there is a manager position at a retail store that pays 120$/hr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

most retail managers work ~60 hours a week from what i've seen (my wife did as a retail store manager and then a retail district manager)

40 minutes ago, potaters said:

same, but I actually like computers (anyone who gets into computer stuff after high school is a bitch and is almost guaranteed to blow schlongs and only know a few things) and am mostly not dumb so I didn't have to go to school to be 1337

what does this say?

4 hours ago, Sean said:

You're telling me there is a manager position at a retail store that pays 120$/hr

That is probably with bonuses. Most places store managers get sick bonuses for things like sales, cutting hours, selling promotions, etc.

I am still in school for my BBA in Accounting and am trying to get my CP Accountant certification. 

I currently work at my family's income tax office in Brooklyn, NYC.

Recently got the promotion to be a lead at the retail store I'm working at so thats going good but going to end up studying to be a nurse cause why not hella money xD

12 hours ago, Sean said:

Salary, I don't know his paystubs but ya he makes bank our region VP got a company car for free with a limit of 125k. my assistant manager that I talk to a lot makes around 680 a week after taxes and hes been working here for 6 years.

1 hour ago, vexer said:

Salary, I don't know his paystubs but ya he makes bank our region VP got a company car for free with a limit of 125k. my assistant manager that I talk to a lot makes around 680 a week after taxes and hes been working here for 6 years.

680/wk is 17$/hour (pizza delivery drivers in some places make this)... 100k is ~48$/hour.. a retail STORE manager making 250k sounds pretty far fetched... maybe a regional manager.. but i wouldn't buy that either. 

as for free cars.. this is pretty common.. i turned down the company car to get a monetary incentive instead.. (and im not in management at all)

13 minutes ago, driz said:

680/wk is 17$/hour (pizza delivery drivers in some places make this)... 100k is ~48$/hour.. a retail STORE manager making 250k sounds pretty far fetched... maybe a regional manager.. but i wouldn't buy that either. 

as for free cars.. this is pretty common.. i turned down the company car to get a monetary incentive instead.. (and im not in management at all)

my regional manager customized his own 2016 range rover all paid for by the company, we have the best functioning region in the states (Tennessee region) you're from nasvhille we have 2 stores go and ask their pay it'll be above 100k. theres only like 3 managers that make 250k but those are the stores that have 300,000 a month in sales every month we average around 70k a month.

32 minutes ago, vexer said:

my regional manager customized his own 2016 range rover all paid for by the company, we have the best functioning region in the states (Tennessee region) you're from nasvhille we have 2 stores go and ask their pay it'll be above 100k. theres only like 3 managers that make 250k but those are the stores that have 300,000 a month in sales every month we average around 70k a month.

to be fair, i find it fishy that you say employees will simply share their salaries that easily.. most civilian companies consider salary to be confidential

but then i also doubt most things you say because you know.. you have a bad rep :P

I work at a Chevy and Nissan dealer. Well formerly a Chevy dealer, it was relocated but I still deal with GM stuff here and there. I'm the wierd parts guy

10 minutes ago, Velo said:

I work at a Chevy and Nissan dealer. Well formerly a Chevy dealer, it was relocated but I still deal with GM stuff here and there. I'm the wierd parts guy

Yes I can Confirms Velo indeed work on me

Sorry will show myself out                                                     I regret nothing. Middle name for the win!

to be fair, i find it fishy that you say employees will simply share their salaries that easily.. most civilian companies consider salary to be confidential

but then i also doubt most things you say because you know.. you have a bad rep

Or they told him they make bank just to make him stay, because I really doubt a kid like Vexer will make it far.

On 6/26/2016 at 0:31 AM, vexer said:

I work at Discount Tire/ Americas Tire going for store manager one day which make anywhere from 100k-250k a year and im being trained on being an assistant manager currently which starts off 36k a year in my region its an easy and fun job so why not

Holy fuck is your store a front for the mob, or do you actually believe the bullshit your manager is telling you about his salary.

10 hours ago, driz said:

but then i also doubt most things you say because you know.. you have a bad rep :P

Actually, pay secrecy rules are generally a violation of the NLRA.  Companies can not retaliate against employees* for discussing their wage/salary with your co-workers, but employers generally do not like them doing it, because once people know their manager is making 180k more per year than the assistant manager (lol), they can do something about it.  Discussing your salary outside the company (like vexer is doing) can be prohibited though.  NPR sums it up pretty well - http://www.npr.org/2014/04/13/301989789/pay-secrecy-policies-at-work-often-illegal-and-misunderstood

On June 26, 2016 at 1:31 AM, vexer said:

I work at Discount Tire/ Americas Tire going for store manager one day which make anywhere from 100k-250k a year and im being trained on being an assistant manager currently which starts off 36k a year in my region its an easy and fun job so why not

Uh, is no one gonna tell him? No? Okay I guess I will.

Sorry buddy, but your manager friend is a liar. Like, a bad one too.

https://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/Discount-Tire-Manager-Salaries-E6632_D_KO14,21.htm

That's probably from some other region the Tennessee region is the highest on profits in the nation so you would get paid a little better also you also have to consider most managers don't go online to report their salaries, not every company is gonna pay you ass. In N Out pays their assistant managers anywhere from 40-75k a year for a fucking fast food chain.

3 minutes ago, vexer said:

https://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/Discount-Tire-Manager-Salaries-E6632_D_KO14,21.htm

That's probably from some other region the Tennessee region is the highest on profits in the nation so you would get paid a little better also you also have to consider most managers don't go online to report their salaries, not every company is gonna pay you ass. In N Out pays their assistant managers anywhere from 40-75k a year for a fucking fast food chain.

Good luck in your career buddy.  I wish I went to school to be a tire salesman now.

I work in a cubicle and do account maintenance and depositing of contributions for various client's mutual fund deoartment, mainly Principal Funds.

I want to be a a music producer,for example like Metro Boomin,I wanna make beats for rappers and make there music sound nice.

44 minutes ago, Junzou said:

Good luck in your career buddy.  I wish I went to school to be a tire salesman now.

Don't kill a mans dreams. Let his dreams be dreams.

On a related note, companies like Walmart pay 100-150k to their store managers. So people can use that for reference of what massive companies are paying their managers.

Anyways, I sit at my desk/on my couch all day, browsing forums, talking in slack, and sometimes watching twitch/playing games.... I'm a Software Engineer... Or better said:

On 6/25/2016 at 8:16 PM, centran said:

i do computer shit... that's what i tell people cause few understand what i actually do.

2 hours ago, Moose said:

Don't kill a mans dreams. Let his dreams be dreams.

On a related note, companies like Walmart pay 100-150k to their store managers. So people can use that for reference of what massive companies are paying their managers.

Anyways, I sit at my desk/on my couch all day, browsing forums, talking in slack, and sometimes watching twitch/playing games.... I'm a Software Engineer... Or better said:

I made good ol' minimun wage ($7.25/hr here) when I worked at walmart.

Lots of roaches and rats all over the produce

I can assure you that i do not make anywhere near 250, and no tire sales manager makes more than me. it's simply laughable. I know doctors who make less than 250 (real doctors, not chosen :p)

and with that, i'm one of the lowest paid in my company

40 minutes ago, driz said:

I can assure you that i do not make anywhere near 250, and no tire sales manager makes more than me. it's simply laughable. I know doctors who make less than 250 (real doctors, not chosen :p)

and with that, i'm one of the lowest paid in my company

Ya here that plebs! None of you pathetic fucks can make more then driz or even get close so stop trying. 

On 6/28/2016 at 7:00 AM, Sean said:

When I worked at Best Buy my GM was pulling 100k-110k a year. 

6 hours ago, Fugner said:

When I worked at Best Buy my GM was pulling 100k-110k a year. 

before or after bonus