Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dray

Counter Strike Player Suing Valve

Hey if all these third party gambling websites not affiliated with valve end up getting banned, do you guys think the prices of skins will go up or down? I believe the the prices will go down, due to the fact the steam community market would become more saturated, because if these people who did get lucky and got lots of dollars are under the age of eighteen (noting a lot of the cs community is under eighteen), its really hard to use op skins and bit skins to cash out effectively (seeing you have to have an id and other verification), so they will just end up selling it on the steam market to try and get new games etc.

@Destin
"On an unrelated note h3h3 moves his eyebrows and twitches his head and shoulders like A LOT"

Thats because he has tourettes 

14 minutes ago, Duex said:

@Destin
"On an unrelated note h3h3 moves his eyebrows and twitches his head and shoulders like A LOT"

Thats because he has tourettes 

huh TIL

17 hours ago, TheLJH said:

Csgo betting is a simple concept. It should be for fun, never for profit, and if you think that you have outsmarted the website, you are wrong. THE HOUSE ALWAYS WINS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I put in $5 on a gambling site made it to $40 cashed out and never went back. I don't think the house won ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

On 7/3/2016 at 10:15 PM, Swed said:

I also have a paying job and the self control necessary to not allow betting to become an addiction to me.

These two aspects are things not commonly found among younger people, especially those <13.

I would say <15 but agree with you

Would it be more of a power play for Valve to try to pursue their own regulations now before unsatisfactory ones come into effect? I wouldn't imagine there being issues with things such as the market or cases. You get what you pay for on the market and taxes are already pulled when you sell the item, so the buyer doesn't have to worry about anything like that, it's on valves revenue end. Cases disclose what you can receive, including the fact that there are varying rates at which you will get certain items, though you will always get SOMETHING. Not so with physical betting where you can be left SOL. Valve would definitely lose out on some money if betting sites gotshut down completely (not likely to happen, butI can definitely see enforced regulations), but I would rather see Valve try and push for the more blatantly exploited and nondisclosure sites that have been brought to light recently to be shutdown in order for valve themself to undergo damage control as a way of saying "These guys are outliers, every other betting system is okay and doesn't need blanket regulation." Not that I care for the betting sites either way, but get the douches who decided to try and fraud their way to big bucks in trouble and let the others handle themselves more explicitly after having an example made out of thanks to FTC fucking them.

Tmartn made a response to h3h3's video 

*edit* as of now tmartn removed the video from his channel due to negative criticism, but luckily I found a reupload that surfaced on YouTube a couple of hours ago 

inb4 massive decline of skin prices

sell your shit now gogogo

Inb4 sites withhold skins from users and sells them for themselves lol