Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zerosz

Anyone know any good headphones?

So lately, I have been w/o sound for almost about a week and I can't seem to find any good headphones that have a good mic or good audio quality on the headphones, especially comfortable ones as well, and someone told me to ask for help on the forums, so I did, anyway know any good/cheap headphones?

https://www.amazon.com/HyperX-Cloud-Gaming-Headset-KHX-H3CL/dp/B00JJNQG98/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1466354274&sr=1-3&keywords=hyperx+cloud+2

I currently have these headphones. (They've released Hyperx cloud II, no idea if they're good/better or not.) I like them alot. they're pretty comfortable, have good sound quality, and I guess the mic is good. 

23 minutes ago, nothing_but_fail said:

https://www.amazon.com/HyperX-Cloud-Gaming-Headset-KHX-H3CL/dp/B00JJNQG98/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1466354274&sr=1-3&keywords=hyperx+cloud+2

I currently have these headphones. (They've released Hyperx cloud II, no idea if they're good/better or not.) I like them alot. they're pretty comfortable, have good sound quality, and I guess the mic is good. 

I got Cloud II's sometime ago and the headphones already broke but the mic hasn't. I'd recommend just regular clouds if you're gonna get one

1 minute ago, Eeiu said:

I got Cloud II's sometime ago and the headphones already broke but the mic hasn't. I'd recommend just regular clouds if you're gonna get one

My have the same issue but I am using the regular clouds. 

1 hour ago, nothing_but_fail said:

47 minutes ago, Eeiu said:

I have the Cloud II's and it's working really well for me, 7.1 surround sound isn't really good, but I'd say these are good for gaming on mainly CS.

Earbuds are the best ever 10/10 they cost like 2$!!!!!!

They can easily pop and the max that earbuds lasted for me was half a month.

Been using these for almost a year and half now and have had little to no problems with them.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104840&cm_re=gaming_headset-_-26-104-840-_-Product

These headphones are some i can afford and they do seem reliable.

5 hours ago, HurFFiNatEr010 said:

Can confirm that these sound like sex with the right amp/DAC or sound card. I've got the predecessor to this and it's done me well for the past 4-5 years

3 hours ago, Roflstomp said:

Can confirm that these sound like sex with the right amp/DAC or sound card. I've got the predecessor to this and it's done me well for the past 4-5 years

Which is funny because they look like a toy.

On 20.6.2016 at 0:59 AM, Absolute_Zero said:

Have had the g430 and currently have g930 had issues with both.

On g430 the 3,5mm jack to usb was fucking terrible. But you had to use it atleast for the mic cause if you didn't the mic volume would drop so low that you couldn't be heard. So I used the 3,5mm for the headphones and usb dongle for the mic... Also had some balance issues with the headphone speakers. Overall quality of the headphones were pretty mediocre

On g930 the headphones are actually pretty decent but drivers were shit and almost couldn't get the headphones to connect. If you wanna use the logitech driver software which is required for the surround sound it doesn't work with win10 (atleast it didn't work 6months ago) and would shut the headphones off after 30min. You have to manually edit the config file to prevent it. Also the equlizer in the software did norhing. Headphones are wireless and only work with 2,4ghz channel so if you have wlan modem near the comp it interferes and cuts the signal. Also the wireless usb adapter only works in usb 2.0 port cause fucking logitech.

Can only recommend buying if you get them super cheap practically for free like I did on some amazon sale. Try to stay away from logitech. 

1 hour ago, xmen said:

On g430 the 3,5mm jack to usb was fucking terrible. But you had to use it atleast for the mic cause if you didn't the mic volume would drop so low that you couldn't be heard. So I used the 3,5mm for the headphones and usb dongle for the mic... Also had some balance issues with the headphone speakers. Overall quality of the headphones were pretty mediocre

On g930 the headphones are actually pretty decent but drivers were shit and almost couldn't get the headphones to connect. If you wanna use the logitech driver software which is required for the surround sound it doesn't work with win10 (atleast it didn't work 6months ago) and would shut the headphones off after 30min. You have to manually edit the config file to prevent it. Also the equlizer in the software did norhing. Headphones are wireless and only work with 2,4ghz channel so if you have wlan modem near the comp it interferes and cuts the signal. Also the wireless usb adapter only works in usb 2.0 port cause fucking logitech.

Can only recommend buying if you get them super cheap practically for free like I did on some amazon sale. Try to stay away from logitech. 

Speak for yourself I have had my g930 for about a year and have yet to have a problem. Software is working and has been fine for me since I got it (currently running windows 10 64 bit) I have not made any modifications to config either. So not sure why you seem to have been having problems with it

11 minutes ago, Apache said:

Speak for yourself I have had my g930 for about a year and have yet to have a problem. Software is working and has been fine for me since I got it (currently running windows 10 64 bit) I have not made any modifications to config either. So not sure why you seem to have been having problems with it

Mm it's not just me as you can see by googling for logitech g930 problems. Also sometimes it went totally crazy only outputting a screeching sound through

the earphones.

5 hours ago, xmen said:

Mm it's not just me as you can see by googling for logitech g930 problems. Also sometimes it went totally crazy only outputting a screeching sound through

the earphones.

I have owned about 3 pairs of g930's over 5 years. It was a mistake. The headphones ALWAYS had an issue. From shitty software and drivers to shitty build quality.

I use to always use a crappy SADES headset, which bugged the crap out of my ears.

Instead, I've just been using my apple ear buds, and using my Blue Snowball for my microphone.

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Microphones-Snowball-Microphone-Textured/dp/B000EOPQ7E

I plan on hopefully getting some beats or a good headset in the future, but plan on sticking with my Blue Snowball because the quality is great, for the price!

9 hours ago, xmen said:

the earphones.

That's so weird I literally have never had a problem

On 6/21/2016 at 2:51 AM, xmen said:

ive had my pair of g930s for 3-4 years and i must have got a good pair cuz they have been great up until now.  The right headphone keeps cutting out and gets really annoying debating on buying another pair cause i dont wana get a defected one like i hear from alot of people.  And they would cut out every once and a while but it was kind of rare to do that