Sign in to follow this  
PeeWee

Knife Plugin and Custom Skin Plugin

Can a knife plugin (!knife) and custom skin plugin (!ws) get added to all the servers?

How to install knife plugin: 

Knife Plugin download: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=243254

How to install custom skin plugin:

Custom Skin Plugin download: https://github.com/Franc1sco/Franug-Weapon_Paints

Edited by PeeWee

Valve banned it, sG isnt going to risk getting their GST revoked. Sorry bud.

We used to have a knife plugin

Edited by cookie eater
no

To elaborate, there's only one community of American servers which still advertises that they have weapon skins or knife plugins in their server name. They think

Valve is a money-hungry lunatic company that attempts to monopolize all aspects of the game, and instead of investing time into fixing the game servers and responding to real issues the community complains about

and

will fight Valve and its fascist tactics for you, the community

In other words, unless sG puts valuable time into actively fighting Valve, the company that controls the game the community is based around, by finding workarounds to their blocks to these plugins it's not going to happen.

Yeah, I hosted a server for my friends and myself a while back, and it had all the weapon skins plugins, knife plugins, and a custom made music kit plugin. I even added support for custom seeds to change the design of the skin. That was all a long time ago, and recently, I started up my CSGO server again so I could practice sourcemod plugins on my own server. I had it on for 30 minutes, and now my gameserver tokens are banned, so now I can't host any servers with my own account. :/ 

Don't install those plugins lol :P

They are cool, but it'd ban all the servers from being run.

Screenshot of what it looks like: https://gyazo.com/35b97e9dbf40316dd89ab904e8ec01c9

17 hours ago, thorgot said:

To elaborate, there's only one community of American servers which still advertises that they have weapon skins or knife plugins in their server name. They think

and

In other words, unless sG puts valuable time into actively fighting Valve, the company that controls the game the community is based around, by finding workarounds to their blocks to these plugins it's not going to happen.

Which server is this? Or is it against the MOTD to say?

19 hours ago, Face said:

Thorgot in his based ways slaved over sG's very own (superior) weapon skins plugin.

It was like 1wk after he released it they announced it was banned.

Yep, I spent a weekend working on a version of !ws with partial text matching and saving the skins you selected per weapon to put on all our servers. Then Valve announced that their new policy was that all such plugins were not allowed. So I stopped working on it and removed it from our dev server.

I think they were a bit heavy handed to permanently ban accounts on their first wave, but I also find it hard to sympathize with people who ignored all the messages from Valve during the many months of grace period while Valve slowly turned on the GLST system. People who had a plugin that wasn't clearly banned by Valve (like some of the custom knife plugins) didn't deserve a permanent ban like that.

Edited by thorgot

Actually I have seen a lot of servers that used !ws before Valve banned it, use it again, though as said before I dont believe sG is going to be adding any of the !knife or !ws commands any time soon, because of obvious reasons. It would still be cool to have of course, and you arent the first person to put this topic in the ideas thread.

Servers have been masking the !ws plugin with a "buyammo" plugin. The plugin allows you to use !buyammo and instead of giving you ammo it just opens the GUI for skin selection. 

I see this on retake and aim1v1 servers all of the time, I don't know why they go out of their way to bypass Valve's ban. Their servers will mostly have their GST's revoked and be blacklisted from generating new ones.