Sign in to follow this  
Yunki

Requesting a change to a rule

? General Killable Actions

• Blocking the sole method of entry or exit in an area**.
  • A player in the way of the sole entry or exit to an area can be killed, as long as you give them three warnings with at least five seconds between each warning. If a player that returns to that blocking that spot can be killed immediately if it's the same player that was blocking earlier. If the area has any other way of getting in or out, you cannot kill the player for blocking.

I found this rule quite annoying on Clue. A person will block the doorway from the basement to the main room (where most people seem to spawn) and according to this rule they are not obligated to move at all. While you can get to the main room by other means, it takes an actual distance to do so. I was wondering if we can get a change to the rule so that if people would have to go a considerable distance to reach their destination due to a blocker, they are allowed to kill them after the three warnings.

I understand it might be difficult to determine what a "considerable distance" would be, it could either be up to admin, or maybe we can not allow blocking at all?

Just a suggestion.

EDIT: The more I think about it, people only block to troll. Why should we allow people to do that?

Edited by Yunki

That's already included in the common sense rule, if he decides to be an ass and block the entrance, he have 5 seconds to move or you can kill him. I'm pretty sure we used to do that in Rebirth/Custom

Edited by Lv. 100 Crobat

2 minutes ago, Lv. 100 Crobat said:

That's already included in the common sense rule, if he decides to be an ass and block the entrance, he have 5 seconds to move or you can kill him. I'm pretty sure we used to do that in Rebirth/Custom

The rule specifically says you can only warn/kill them if they are blocking the sole entry/exit.

18 minutes ago, Yunki said:

The rule specifically says you can only warn/kill them if they are blocking the sole entry/exit.

Kind of what Crobat and Totes were saying. If they're blocking just to block and be a troll, then I see no problem in shooting them right in the face.  Trolling is overall not allowed on any sG server so I feel blocking on purpose falls into that category.

3 minutes ago, Ironic said:

Kind of what Crobat and Totes were saying. If they're blocking just to block and be a troll, then I see no problem in shooting them right in the face.  Trolling is overall not allowed on any sG server so I feel blocking on purpose falls into that category.

If that's the case, I feel the MOTD should be changed then in order to prevent confusion

I feel if someone happens to go afk and they are blocking, but there is another way around, then don't shoot them. But if there isn't another way around, give them the warnings (in case they are just alt tabbed) before killing them.....But if they're trolling, warn em then shoot them....The thing is though, with the rule being "you can kill anyone who kills an innocent" you are likely to get shot for killing a troll....

Just now, Yunki said:

If that's the case, I feel the MOTD should be changed then in order to prevent confusion

Normally on GMod if someone is constantly blocking to troll (because it's not against the rules technically) I usually will just !bring them to me. I've never had to take any farther action than that. If you guys are able to, maybe you should just !Blink the person who is blocking just to be a Troll.

18 minutes ago, Ironic said:

Normally on GMod if someone is constantly blocking to troll (because it's not against the rules technically) I usually will just !bring them to me. I've never had to take any farther action than that. If you guys are able to, maybe you should just !Blink the person who is blocking just to be a Troll.

Yes it is people...don't any of you read the General Rules which is for ALL servers.

http://www.joinsg.net/page/motd/global

• Do not intentionally block teammates by any means.

If people are blocking follow the same what you would do normally for general rule breakers.

5 hours ago, Beerman said:

If I'm a Traitor I reserve the right to block as many people as I want. I have rights

Well, then blocking should be considered traitorous, just like prop blocking/hitting (er whatever the name is for that rule) and we will gun you down with no warning ;)  You don't get rights in sG... XD

Well, then blocking should be considered traitorous, just like prop blocking/hitting (er whatever the name is for that rule) and we will gun you down with no warning   You don't get rights in sG... XD

Booooo

24 minutes ago, TotesMagoats said:

Well, then blocking should be considered traitorous, just like prop blocking/hitting (er whatever the name is for that rule) and we will gun you down with no warning ;)  You don't get rights in sG... xD

21 minutes ago, Beerman said:

MistaChang Post:  Having problems quoting on mobile so ima use beermans quote box, I really like that idea to consider blocking doors traitorous!

5 minutes ago, Beerman said:

If there is an exit or a different route then go a different way. No rules

That is the problem, if you're blocking on purpose and someone is asking you to back up a step so they can get by and you don't........you're trolling. Regardless if there is other ways out or not. It's not hard to move out of the way to let someone by, and what is the purpose of blocking anyways? I wouldn't necessarily go as far as making it traitorous, just don't be a troll. ez

That is the problem, if you're blocking on purpose and someone is asking you to back up a step so they can get by and you don't........you're trolling. Regardless if there is other ways out or not. It's not hard to move out of the way to let someone by, and what is the purpose of blocking anyways? I wouldn't necessarily go as far as making it traitorous, just don't be a troll. ez

Now where is the fun in that

Changed this 2 days ago

"Intentinally blocking players from entering an area is not allowed and you can be killed for it. (Players must give usual 3 warnings before killing someone)"

I hope you didn't intentionally spell it like that....

On 3/9/2016 at 10:06 PM, Ironic said:

Too gentle. !gimp and !ragdoll until they learn their lesson